Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 07-09-2012, 02:28 PM   #31
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Trolley scum !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzJavelin
I've managed to protect my daily driver from shopping trolleys for the 9.5years I've owned it .. and last night a car coming the other way at 100km/h drove over a branch on the road as I went past the other way at 100km/h; branch flew out and hit the drivers rear door .. removing numerous chunks of paint :(

Might as well sacrifice it to the shopping centre carpark demons now ..
that`s bad luck mate, it`s upsetting when stuff beyond your control damages your pride and joy when you go to lengths to take care of it, mine has light damage in about 4 area`s, only one of which i did by accident in 7 years of ownership, the rest of the scars from other uncaring sods, i might give her a birthday freshen up in a year or or 2.
mik is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-09-2012, 03:10 PM   #32
The Yeti
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

You can hope (and this is me seeing the best in people) that it was just an acciednt.

On Sunday were were in a carpark, the wind came up and just blew the trolly a little bit, (it wasnt in a trolly bay) gravity then took it sailing down the carpark and in to the back of a Car we were too far away to do any thing with out stoping our car getting out and chasing it.

I post images with postimg.cc (so I don’t forget)
The Yeti is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-09-2012, 03:16 PM   #33
Ben73
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

When I worked at a supermarket I reversed into a trolly at about 10-15kmh late at night. I did not notice any damage on my car at all.

I wonder how fast all these trollies are moving to majorly damage your cars.
Ben73 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-09-2012, 08:43 PM   #34
mr smith
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPXR6T
This is why I have a dedicated shopping car that is an absolute piece of ****...
Spot on. A while ago i went to Bunnings and some clown had left a trolley in a bay against the shop wall. Time to get on back on all the trolleys that have hit my nice cars, I just backed into it and to the suprise of the dude going to get his sausage I squashed it against the wall. It felt good.
mr smith is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-09-2012, 10:10 PM   #35
danmc
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr smith
Spot on. A while ago i went to Bunnings and some clown had left a trolley in a bay against the shop wall. Time to get on back on all the trolleys that have hit my nice cars, I just backed into it and to the suprise of the dude going to get his sausage I squashed it against the wall. It felt good.
I suppose I should care that the person that left the trolley there didnt actually suffer but the thought was there, made me laugh.

I could worry that bunnings lost a few bucks, but they cost me a few hours last week so thumbs up on that too!
danmc is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-09-2012, 10:48 PM   #36
svo supporter
Fixing Ford's **** ups

Don't see how having this deposit is going to stop idiots hitting cars with trolleys....The majority of these morons have pieces of junk and don't give a toss about anyone elses property...

Personally I try and park miles away from everyone else, but everytime I come out from the shop, guaranteed there is a car right next to mine, with a dozen empty parks either side of it.

So a case of buggered if you, buggered if you don't

Please read the manual carefully, as the these manufacturers spent millions of dollars making sure it is perfect.....Now why are there so many problems with my car, when I follow the instructions to the letter?....Answer, majority rules round here

Lock me up and throw away the key because I'm a hoon....I got caught doing 59 in a 60 zone
svo supporter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-09-2012, 11:21 PM   #37
OffRoadFalcon
"Flooded it mate?"

If anything trolleys would be angry with me... I use the roo bar to push them out of the parking space.
OffRoadFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-09-2012, 11:47 PM   #38
IDT
Marko

the $2 deposit thing is a very bad idea. It invites scum bags to sit around the trolley returns harrasing/intimidating poor old people for the coin when they return the trolley. My olds would get harrased to the point they would hand it over through fear.
Old 08-09-2012, 12:06 AM   #39
OZQUAD44
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDT
the $2 deposit thing is a very bad idea. It invites scum bags to sit around the trolley returns harrasing/intimidating poor old people for the coin when they return the trolley. My olds would get harrased to the point they would hand it over through fear.
That is a sad inditement on our society rather than an indication of a bad idea.... sheesh I've had too many beers coming out with words like inditement.... but I digress...... I really like the $2 thing.

You reckon the trolly thing is bad, some orse-bandit once parked his whole frikki-dikkin P.O.S car right up against the back of my GT the very first time I parked it in a shopping centre. His front bumper actually pushing against my car. because it was the first time, I even went to the trouble of parking away from every one else.

I'm just grateful the the love-wit wasn't there when I got back to my car, it avoided me getting into a scuffle in the car park. Not always a good look!!! ;-)
OZQUAD44 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-09-2012, 12:10 AM   #40
Booger

Hate when this stuff happens. I've had carpark door dings and god knows what else to my last 2 cars. If I ever caught one of them I'd string'em up. I'm looking at getting one of these puppies just in case now that I've got a brand new unmarked car.

http://www.blackvue.co.uk/index.php/...-gps-v2-detail
Booger is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-09-2012, 12:39 AM   #41
danmc
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDT
And again, flamethrower comes to mind as the solution :P
Old 08-09-2012, 12:40 AM   #42
danmc
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by OZQUAD44
That is a sad inditement on our society rather than an indication of a bad idea.... sheesh I've had too many beers coming out with words like inditement.... but I digress...... I really like the $2 thing.

You reckon the trolly thing is bad, some orse-bandit once parked his whole frikki-dikkin P.O.S car right up against the back of my GT the very first time I parked it in a shopping centre. His front bumper actually pushing against my car. because it was the first time, I even went to the trouble of parking away from every one else.

I'm just grateful the the love-wit wasn't there when I got back to my car, it avoided me getting into a scuffle in the car park. Not always a good look!!! ;-)
Flamethrower + Napalm.
Old 08-09-2012, 12:42 AM   #43
danmc
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Booger
Hate when this stuff happens. I've had carpark door dings and god knows what else to my last 2 cars. If I ever caught one of them I'd string'em up. I'm looking at getting one of these puppies just in case now that I've got a brand new unmarked car.

http://www.blackvue.co.uk/index.php/...-gps-v2-detail
Actually you guys are right, one of these is essential. What good is a flame thrower if you can't replay, enjoy and upload the footage later...
Old 08-09-2012, 03:37 AM   #44
lucas2
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Road_Warrior
An easy way to prevent these sorts of trolley incidents (usually caused by lazy people not returning trolleys) would be for the supermarkets to install those $2 locks on the trolleys so you don't get your $2 back until you return the trolley properly. Then again this would require spending money...
I work at a major supermarket and the issue is that we get numerous complaints about the deposit in the trolleys, so we stopped locking the trolleys together, now we have trolleys left abandoned in aisles and the carpark causing complaints again...we cant win! And yes there are people that go from trolley bay to trolley bay all day looking for coins..
lucas2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-09-2012, 03:49 AM   #45
danmc
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Can't they just make the aisles in coles, woolies, bunnings etc wide enough to drive our cars around inside? You wouldn't need a car park at all that way!

Or a drive through like maccas?!

"I'll have a big mac, a drill, some 6 mmm drill bits, some gas piping and a gas cylinder thanks!"

"oh and a lighter and ermm...what do you think is the best way to fix that piping under my car, maybe some half saddles?"
Old 08-09-2012, 09:19 AM   #46
Terror_Tree
SZ II TS Territory-Black

When I have finished loading the Territory with the shopping (I hate grocery shopping!!)I always put the trolley into a trolley bay. But there are so many people lazy people out there. The other day, when I was putting my trolley into a bay, I saw this woman with a toddler parked right next to a trolley bay push her empty trolley in the car park next to her. I said to her the trolley bay is just there. She me to go and XXXX myself, what a nice thing to teach a child. I put the trolley in the bay for her.

FWD is the Devils work
Terror_Tree is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-09-2012, 09:48 AM   #47
sneaky
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

sometimes i don't put the trolley back in a bay, usually when i have the kids to deal with along with the shopping. but i make sure the trolley won't roll away by parking it up the gutter/in a garden out of the way of a car spot
Old 08-09-2012, 11:08 AM   #48
wrongwaynorris
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Streets
Even the "accidents" where a stray trolley rolls into a car wouldn't happen if lazy slobs would walk their trolleys to the trolley bay instead of leaving them lying around. In car parks these days, there's a trolley bay every 50 metres at the most. No excuse for not putting them away when you're done.
Sadly from what I have seen these vermin are in the majority .
Old 08-09-2012, 11:12 AM   #49
wrongwaynorris
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucas2
I work at a major supermarket and the issue is that we get numerous complaints about the deposit in the trolleys, so we stopped locking the trolleys together, now we have trolleys left abandoned in aisles and the carpark causing complaints again...we cant win! And yes there are people that go from trolley bay to trolley bay all day looking for coins..
These people are pure vermin and lazy bastards as virtually all the major chains supply a blank the same size as the coin needed to release the trolley usually free of charge or the same value as the coin needed . I have an Aldi , Woolworths and Coles one on my keyring . Reintroduce the coin operated trolleys and tell this vermin to shop elsewhere if they are too bloody lazy to walk 50 metres to get there $2 back .
Old 08-09-2012, 11:21 AM   #50
Massi
Starter Motor

Still, thesepeople damage the trolley locks so they get their coin/token back without having to secure it at the bay.

This might be too far and expensive but there should be a card reader for your keycard in the trolley. If it's returned securely there is no charge BUT if it's not then they can deduct a "recovery fee" from your account. Lets say $25. Too far?
Massi is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-09-2012, 11:26 AM   #51
mike_nofx
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDT
Wow... move outta the ghetto then man.

Have not witnessed this, and I go to a supermarket with a $2 trolley return.

Sometimes someone will catch you halfway through your journey to return the trolley and offer you their $2 and take your trolley. Win win.
mike_nofx is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-09-2012, 11:31 AM   #52
H.G
Driver Returns On Foot

Kids should not ne used as an excuse.. and if they are old enough encourage them to take it back.. as a kid (6/7) it was my job to take the trolley back. demonstrate and educate.. and Whenever I had the kids with me it made no difference.. either they took it back. or they all came with me (3 kids) until they started to bicker over who got to take it back. because whoever took it back got a prize.. its funny though how the majority of people I've seen dumping their trolleys are people that are on their own. and usually the younger generations but guess they only learn from what they have seen.
H.G is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-09-2012, 11:37 AM   #53
Falcon SXR8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Yep can't stand people who can't take a min to put the trolley back. I mean come on, i bet there is a alot of people in third world countrys who after getting a months worth of food wouldn't mind walking ten meters to put the trolley away.
AU Fairmont
BA MK2 XR6 Turbo
Now
XDUB
Falcon SXR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-09-2012, 12:05 PM   #54
pauljh74
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Road_Warrior
An easy way to prevent these sorts of trolley incidents (usually caused by lazy people not returning trolleys) would be for the supermarkets to install those $2 locks on the trolleys so you don't get your $2 back until you return the trolley properly. Then again this would require spending money...
I look for trolleys that aren't locked when I shop - then I don't need to have change for the trolley - or I just go to a shopping centre that doesn't have them in use. Where I shop now the Woolworths has locks on trolleys, but they aren't locked. There are trolley collectors employed by the centre there. Even if they did use the locks, there are always trolleys that are loose, have locks vandalised or chains cut. Sometimes I've gone to put a trolley away and get my coin back and the next trolley in the trolley bay has no chain. There's also the issue of different sized trolleys mixed in the bays - even from the same store, let alone different stores, this prevents locking them together.

The locks are a pain for those that do the right thing, and the people that misuse them still do so, even if it costs them $1 to cause trouble with the trolley. Most likely they break the lock or chain.

Despite my dislike of trolley locks, when I shop I put the trolley away every time, I've lifted the trolley over a kerb to get to the trolley point and sometimes grab another loose trolley on my way. I too get frustrated by lazy people who leave trolleys 5 metres away from the trolley bay blocking yet another parking spot. I have no doubt there would be people lazy enough to forego $1 in order to avoid that 20 metres walk to put the trolley away.
Not bad for a #2 driver
Mark Webber after winning the 2010 British Grand Prix.
pauljh74 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-09-2012, 07:46 PM   #55
SM1DY
LIKE A BOSS 351

This is my Blackvue at work

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VENVxtGLpg0
SM1DY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-09-2012, 08:22 PM   #56
Booger

Quote:
Originally Posted by SM1DY

Can your own speed be deactivated from the date stamp? One could end up incriminating themselves if you ever tried to use it as evidence in a traffic accident.
Booger is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-09-2012, 11:46 PM   #57
svo supporter
Fixing Ford's **** ups

How is putting a trolley going to stop idiots using them to hit a car?
It'd stop them being left round the carpark, but not stop idiots hitting cars as they push them through.

Please read the manual carefully, as the these manufacturers spent millions of dollars making sure it is perfect.....Now why are there so many problems with my car, when I follow the instructions to the letter?....Answer, majority rules round here

Lock me up and throw away the key because I'm a hoon....I got caught doing 59 in a 60 zone
svo supporter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-09-2012, 11:51 PM   #58
danmc
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by SM1DY

Thats good video quality. 400 bucks is ok, but if you have a spare android phone you can make it do everything you need with a car cradle and an app.

You could add more features using the app - automatic upload etc.

Not suggesting the blackvue isnt good value - its just I have lots of superceded phones and they can do a similar job for cheap.

Also the phone can do trapster alerts etc. But I like the blackvue as a buy it and stick in the car thing.
Old 09-09-2012, 03:13 AM   #59
wrongwaynorris
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Massi
Still, thesepeople damage the trolley locks so they get their coin/token back without having to secure it at the bay.

This might be too far and expensive but there should be a card reader for your keycard in the trolley. If it's returned securely there is no charge BUT if it's not then they can deduct a "recovery fee" from your account. Lets say $25. Too far?
Not far enough , I'd say $250.00
Old 09-09-2012, 07:01 PM   #60
SM1DY
LIKE A BOSS 351

Quote:
Originally Posted by danmc
Thats good video quality. 400 bucks is ok, but if you have a spare android phone you can make it do everything you need with a car cradle and an app.
I got it as a gift, and I'm pretty sure it came from eBay, I probably would have never bought one for myself but I'm happy to have it if it's free.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Booger
Can your own speed be deactivated from the date stamp? One could end up incriminating themselves if you ever tried to use it as evidence in a traffic accident.
Yeh, you can. It's all in the settings when to plug it into the computer, you can change quite a few things with it.
SM1DY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post