Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 17-11-2011, 09:28 AM   #31
jrfttf
Getting By!?

Default Re: Anyone had their pride and joy keyd?

i haven't been keyed but i had someone decided to drop a big heavy box on my a pillar / front guard, dented it and took the paint off, don't get people some days. I've had people slam their doors into mine and they just look at ya to say "whats the problem"

End of the day common courtesy and respect is out the window, unfortuantly things arn't going to change as much as majority would like to see it!
jrfttf is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-11-2011, 09:51 AM   #32
KS290

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Assistance with technical guides. 

When I first got my FPV GT about 4 years ago, I took it to a concert in Brisbane at the Entertainment Centre. Someone kicked the drivers door in while I was in there, had to have a whole new door skin, cost me the $1,500 excess.

The people who do this sort of thing are plain pussies. I’d love to see their face the day they get caught in the act. They’ll get their comeuppance one day.
KS290 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-11-2011, 10:52 AM   #33
Peter B - CV8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

My 3 day old Monaro got keyed from rear tail light to fron headlight ie all along the complete passenger side. Happened at Leichhardt Shopping Town & I'd parked in a spot that had pillars on each side of the car (so no-one could open their doors into mine....).
Peter B - CV8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-11-2011, 11:03 AM   #34
Mr Hardware
Flairs - Truckers Delight

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: The excellent how to on LPG jet cleaning. 

Back when my AUII was only 6 years old I used to work at a place next to the local cop shop. I used to park it out the front of the coppers every day because it was a park in the shade. Anyway, I came back to my car one day to find it had been keyed all up the side. My theory is one of the locals who had to report to the cop shop thought it was a D's car, which makes sense, because they'd only ceased to use AUIII's about a year before, and my AUII is modified to look like an AUIII.
Old 17-11-2011, 11:06 AM   #35
Rodge
Banned

It hurts no question. Happened to my wife's Honda Civic hybrid when it was parked within the vicinity of where some homeless people lived, (we found that out later). Usually young males high on something that are disenfranchised with society in general...suspect one or two of them may be in the current anti-capitalist protests at present.

BUT far more common and of far more concern I saw an article yesterday, (sorry, wish I could dig it up today with a link), that said 91% of people don't leave a note when they inadvertantly cause damage to another persons car, usually car park manouvering damage, shopping trolly or door opening. There's something seriously wrong with society when a HUGE 91% of people, the vast majority of which would be stone cold sober and own a motor vehicle themselves (unlike the disinfranchised stoned teenager who keyed our car), won't leave a note admitting their error.
How messed-up is that ??
Rodge is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-11-2011, 11:28 AM   #36
raised by monkeys
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I went to a small beachside town for new years once in my pride and joy EF xr6. Returned to my car the next morning, to find my car, and the 2 cars parked either side of mine, including a new Marloo, covered in beer, coke and scratches. All i heard was the guy sleeping in the back of his Marloo look up and open his eyes at our cars with a hungover WTF! When i returned home, i took off my studded belt and put a few more scratches on the other side and claimed a new paint job on the whole car. Paid my excess of $300 or whatever plus the cost of repainting my roof and had a new paint job. Still sux i had to go through that though.

Today, I have a little dexter morgan growing inside me. My dexter hates people who are rude, arrogant, ingnorant and are disrespectful of other peoples posessions. I can feel my Dexter growing each day.

Current
SY FPV F6X Territory #214
Previous
FG MkII G6E Turbo built by Heinrichs Performance and Tuning
BFII FPV TORNADO #0021 351rwkw - Heinrich Performance and Tuning

"Milk is for babies. When you grow up you have to drink beer" - Arnold Schwarzenegger
raised by monkeys is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-11-2011, 11:30 AM   #37
Perko
Loving The Blown Goodness

It's an experience that no one should go through, especially when you put a fair bit of time and care into our cars. Just had the XR8 respray and I was always careful not to park at shopping centre carparks. Worked fine for 65 months. Parked at a pub one night and someone decided to pinstripe the side of the ute. Not happy and lucky that insurance were great. Also had some idiot decide to spray my old XH XR6. Caught that little bugger personally. He doesn't walk past my house any more.

Previous 2003 BA XR8 Ute Phantom
Ford Forum Build Thread

The Project 1991 EB XR8 Sedan Monza Red
Project Build Thread
Perko is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-11-2011, 12:19 PM   #38
vibe_xr6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I have mine done at a golf club : (
Old 17-11-2011, 12:26 PM   #39
blueoval
Critical Thinker

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Well thought out and constructive posts.  A real credit to this forum. 

I have scratches on the paint which came with the car and I havent had fixed yet since I purchased the car 3 and a half years ago. I have always been tentative about getting paint done knowing that some complete jealous **** could come and decide for some s%#@ and giggles, to undo the work and effort I put into the car. So I have been putting off the paint work as much as possible.

2022 Mazda CX5 GTSP Turbo

2018 Hyundai Santa Fe Highlander

1967 XR FALCON 500

Cars previously owned:
2021 Subaru Outback Sport
2018 Subaru XV-S
2012 Subaru Forester X
2007 Subaru Liberty GT
2001 AU2 75th Anniversary Futura
2001 Subaru GX wagon
1991 EB XR8
1977 XC Fairmont
1990 EA S Pak
1984 XE S Pak
1982 ZJ Fairlane
1983 XE Fairmont
1989 EA Falcon
1984 Datsun Bluebird Wagon
1975 Honda Civic
blueoval is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-11-2011, 12:39 PM   #40
blueoval
Critical Thinker

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Well thought out and constructive posts.  A real credit to this forum. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by pottery beige
heartbreaker bro... ******* gutless jealous junky pieces of ****... they know they are absolute pieces of **** and wish to blame every other **** in this world that they are pieces of ****....
gutless pieces of weak ******* **** no ******* balls to man up weak ****s ******* **** junky ****s!!!!!!
Don't hold back Mitch. Tell us what you really think dude.

While I haven't had it happen to me yet (touch wood) I can only imagine the frustration and anger for someone to cause that much grief to someone's pride and joy. God help the loser who keys the paint on a collectable vehicle and gets caught!

1967 XR FALCON 500

Cars previously owned:
2018 Subaru XV-S
2012 Subaru Forester X
2007 Subaru Liberty GT
2001 Subaru GX wagon
1991 EB XR8
1977 XC Fairmont
1990 EA S Pak
1984 XE S Pak
1982 ZJ Fairlane
1983 XE Fairmont
1989 EA Falcon
1975 Honda Civic
Old 17-11-2011, 12:49 PM   #41
BradXR8

I feel for everyone thats replied here and had this dog act done to their pride and joy. I spent hrs polishing the boot lid on the XR8 to little avail as most of the scratches are through to the undercoat.. My father walked behind my car and noticed it straight away asking if i'd seen what some ***** had done to my car...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodge
BUT far more common and of far more concern I saw an article yesterday, (sorry, wish I could dig it up today with a link), that said 91% of people don't leave a note when they inadvertantly cause damage to another persons car, usually car park manouvering damage, shopping trolly or door opening. There's something seriously wrong with society when a HUGE 91% of people, the vast majority of which would be stone cold sober and own a motor vehicle themselves (unlike the disinfranchised stoned teenager who keyed our car), won't leave a note admitting their error.
How messed-up is that ??
I'd believe it mate, about 6months ago my mothers Honda Accord was parked in a shopping centre in gosford, she came back out to find the drivers side door, quater panel and bonnet totally destroyed, the quater panel even had a 20cm long tear right through it and was covered in white paint! Someone had driven into and left without a note.. lucky for insurance but still the excess and loss of no claim is just not right..
Another story - About 7 years or so ago I was sitting in my AUII at the time eating lunch in a shopping centre car park in East Maitland looking at this stunning EL XR8 with a full EL GT bodykit.. Moments later a young girl pulled up next to it and opened her door right up into the side of it.. Hard as anything (left a good 60cm very deep crease in the drivers side door), looked around quickly and then took off, so I frantically went through my glove box looking for a pen and wrote down her license plate, a short note of what I saw and my contact number and put it on the windscreen.. Later that afternoon the owner of the EL phoned me up and couldn't thank me enough for catching the culprits numberplate!
BradXR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-11-2011, 01:03 PM   #42
Streets
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
heartbreaker bro... ******* gutless jealous junky pieces of ****... they know they are absolute pieces of **** and wish to blame every other **** in this world that they are pieces of ****....
gutless pieces of weak ******* **** no ******* balls to man up weak ****s ******* **** junky ****s!!!!!!
Streets is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-11-2011, 01:07 PM   #43
blueoval
Critical Thinker

My mum had a similar thing happen to her too Brad.

She has a Toyota Kluger Grande. Top of the line model with all the bits and pieces. She was not long in the shops when she was approached by a lady who witnessed in broad daylight and in full view, a guy in a white van graze the front guard leaving a dent and paint while he was trying to park the van. The lady said that he knew he had hit the Kluger as he peered out the window, and then to try and hide the fact that he this, he drove out of the carpark and reversed in hoping to disguise the damage by claiming it wasnt him.
This lady (bless her) approached this knob and said in a firm and confident voice "You hit that 4WD!",
to his reply "No I didn't".
"yes you did mr, I watched you pull in hit it, and then pull out of the carpark to reverse in to deny what you did, you hit that 4wd and I saw the lot!" she said.
My mum came out and the lady caller her over to explain the events and swapped details with her.
All red faced and embarrassed, this tool could not deny what he had done and was forced to provide full details. Sucked in I say. Stupid toss.

1967 XR FALCON 500

Cars previously owned:
2018 Subaru XV-S
2012 Subaru Forester X
2007 Subaru Liberty GT
2001 Subaru GX wagon
1991 EB XR8
1977 XC Fairmont
1990 EA S Pak
1984 XE S Pak
1982 ZJ Fairlane
1983 XE Fairmont
1989 EA Falcon
1975 Honda Civic
Old 17-11-2011, 01:42 PM   #44
|Nate
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
I'm glad I'm fluent in asterisk so I know what you mean!

My EB, (even though the paint isn't the most immaculate) is still good for it's age, and hasn't been keyed yet (Touch 500 blocks of wood) but has been vandalized by food and derp kiddies at the College I work at. (Bonuses of being a DEECD IT tech )

Which included using the woodwork super duper super glue to glue a bloody soft drink can to the bonnet above the emblem. I tore the can off but the residue of glue is still there, and will probably remove the paint if I try get it off :'(
|Nate is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-11-2011, 02:02 PM   #45
Zedjay
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by raised by monkeys
When i returned home, i took off my studded belt and put a few more scratches on the other side and claimed a new paint job on the whole car. Paid my excess of $300 or whatever plus the cost of repainting my roof and had a new paint job.

um thats insurance fraud dude..
Zedjay is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-11-2011, 02:15 PM   #46
OzJavelin
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradXR8
So ****ed off.. Left my FG XR8 in a car park for an hr or so.. Come back out to find KFC leftovers and boxes dumped next to my car, realising some idiot has obviously been sniffing around my car I went right over it and low and behold some low life dole scum has used what most likely was a rock and scratched nice deep swirls into the boot lid... I keep my car in immaculate condition and always park next to nice new cars or away from everyone else to avoid getting it marked.. Nothing ****** me off more than someone whom my tax dollars are no doubt paying their centrelink benifits decides to vandalise my pride and joy.. If only I had caught this idiot in the act, I would have keyd his face.. So much scum in the world today.. Has anyone else on here had their pride and joy vandalised?
Mate .. my condolences (if that's the right term). I'd be gutted if it was me. This type of event helps me justify my procrastination of painting my Javelin - currently just flat black and would take an afternoon to fix some aholes keying it ..
OzJavelin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-11-2011, 02:24 PM   #47
Gum6y
Gum6y

Really puts you off buying a nice car, what is wrong with people its depressing.

If you've never been in trouble with the law and caught someone keying your car and you put them in hospital what woould the sentence be?

I seriously don't think I could hold back if I caught someone deliberately marking my car. If someone side swipes it or opens a door ok it happens. But if someone takes a key and starts scratching my car and I see it, its gonna end in blood.

Build thread Here

2012 BMW M3 4.0 V8 414 HP 8,400 rpm redline
Gum6y is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-11-2011, 02:42 PM   #48
raised by monkeys
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zedjay
um thats insurance fraud dude..
having to pay for spraying half a car cause of someone elses damage isnt my kind of fun. Plus claiming half a paint job to have new paint one side and old paint the other, then to have to challenge the insurance company to pay for a whole paint job cause paint doesnt match... get it done one time and last time = much easier solution.

Current
SY FPV F6X Territory #214
Previous
FG MkII G6E Turbo built by Heinrichs Performance and Tuning
BFII FPV TORNADO #0021 351rwkw - Heinrich Performance and Tuning

"Milk is for babies. When you grow up you have to drink beer" - Arnold Schwarzenegger
raised by monkeys is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-11-2011, 02:44 PM   #49
Lotte
YE-US! Wait. I don't know

My ex decided in a fit of rage to key my pano when it was still running. (mind you, the paint was ****, and I was alraedy planning on stripping it and starting from scratch).
He had a good whinge when I nearly broke his nose over it. (By nearly broke I mean, I was damn angry, and missed his nose by a few mm and smacked him in the eye). When he went to the cops, they told him to **** off, they already knew about it (i'd reported the vandalism), and to stop being such a whiney prat....
The Weekender: '06 BF Pursuit, Toxic, lumpy af

Lotte is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-11-2011, 04:05 PM   #50
Till_Lind
E-series fan

Never, thank God. I guess it is a low-profile car, and old to boot. I also like to think that the EF is a model even Commodore drivers admit is a good looking car. :P
Old 17-11-2011, 04:11 PM   #51
blackf6
R51 Pathy, 91 Jayco Swan

Quote:
this post i like.
blackf6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-11-2011, 04:16 PM   #52
BradXR8

Thumbs up Re: Anyone had their pride and joy keyd?

Quote:
100%.. Love this post.. everytime I think about what happened to the XR8 and get upset I think of this post and just smile and nod.
Old 17-11-2011, 04:21 PM   #53
prasac
Banned

i went to school one day to come home and find out the brand new mint condition XE S-pack the parents bought, someone had drawn murals all over it, covering the whole car. a Fox on the back, an eagle on each side and a moose on the bonnet. parents came home later that day, after some quick questioning i found out they were the ones that paid to have it done it's bad to have your car keyed but when u de-face a car like that it's even worse i made her park 2 streets away from the school when she was dropping me off.
prasac is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-11-2011, 04:27 PM   #54
Flogginit

What my **** off is when you deliberately park about a 1Km away from the shpping centre and not 1 car within 100m so no ******* opens thier door on your car. Then when you return some ***** has parked so close that you need a can opener to get into your car. What idiot chooses to park next to you when theres 100 other empty bays around you. *********!!!!!
Flogginit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-11-2011, 04:31 PM   #55
El Venom
normality is boring
Donating Member1

My old EL was keyed by an Ex. She keyed every panel but the worst thing was I had only had the front end repainted a couple of months before and had a photo shoot for a mag and had just got awarded 2nd best exterior at a car show for it. By that time I had quit my job to care for my kids full time so after years of keeping it tidy I couldnt do anything about it even under insurance as the cost of a respray was concidered to expensive by the insurance company even though it was a factory colour

Factory v8 with turbonetics 67mm turbo, haltech ecu, aeromotive and raceworks fuel system, cobra intake and a few custom bits thrown in
El Venom is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-11-2011, 04:46 PM   #56
Rodge
Banned

Crickey, the profanity filter is getting a thorough work-out on this thread

Seriously think about it, who's worse ?, the drunken stoned disaffected teenager complelty off their head who keys a flash euro car because the status symbol annoys them, or the completly sober person who inadvertantly wacks into the same car in a carpark with their car or shopping trolley and doesn't leave a note ? Obviously the teenager did it deliberatly so they're worse but are all the bloody careless idiots who despite being stone cold sober still deliberatly chose not to leave a note really all that much better ?

Last edited by Rodge; 17-11-2011 at 04:52 PM.
Rodge is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-11-2011, 04:58 PM   #57
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradXR8
100%.. Love this post.. everytime I think about what happened to the XR8 and get upset I think of this post and just smile and nod.
chin up and power on bro, you are bigger and better than the pos that damaged your car will ever be..
totally sucks those of us with nice rides cant head out for a drive, park up and leave them out of sight..
makes me sooooooooo angrrrrry........
pottery beige is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-11-2011, 05:20 PM   #58
Feathers
Lucifer's Angel

An old friend of mine had a wheelie bin thrown through the windscreen of her 2 week old Mazda 3 while parked near a boyfriend's place.

Back when I worked in a supermarket, and had the XD, I usually parked right near the doors to the centre, which is where all our staff went for smoko, so there was almost always someone nearby.
One afternoon someone came in to my office and told me that the trolley contractors were sitting on my bonnet eating lunch. Too bad they were gone by the time I got up there.
Blueprint, manual, 4490's, Redback 2.5" dual exhaust, BA Typhoon rims, tint, fog light covers, BF tailights, blue illuminated window switches, Ghia bootlid carpet, lower grille, FPV door spears, steering wheel & interior bits, XR6T + F6 intake, K&N filter, Typhoon spoiler, tuned, sway bars, custom angel eyes & plates..YUM!

If there's one thing guys in Holdens hate more than being beaten by a Ford...
It's being beaten by a girl driving a Ford
Feathers is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-11-2011, 05:21 PM   #59
BradXR8

Quote:
chin up and power on bro, you are bigger and better than the pos that damaged your car will ever be..
totally sucks those of us with nice rides cant head out for a drive, park up and leave them out of sight..
makes me sooooooooo angrrrrry........
Thanks mate will do, I'm also grateful that it was only a part of the boot lid, could of been a hell of alot worse like all up the side or the bonnet like others have had happen.. Now I'm paranoid to leave it parked out of site!
What really ***** me as someone else posted earlier is the mentality of these ****s. Can you imagine the anger and carry on they would display if someone damaged something they owned and appreciated (not that such people would own anything worthwhile) but even if it be they had a mobile phone they liked and I scratched the screen on it or something..or to the person who damages another car in a carpark by accident but doesn't leave a note - just imagine them in the reverse situation.. That's the problem with society these days no one gives a **** about anything or anyone other then themselves, they are happy to mess with other peoples possesions or lives but god forbid someone do the same to them..
Old 17-11-2011, 05:26 PM   #60
TheSneakiness
Adapt or perish...

I have...

By accident...

By me...