Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 14-05-2007, 01:58 PM   #31
JC
Miami Pilot
Donating Member2

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcnews
I had a good experience with Strathfield, finally... It took a little dissing around but in the end got money back for two set top boxes with hard drives I had bought, one for me and one for my parents, they worked but were just crap. They were about $300 each. Not quite as useless as the $1200 Toshiba set top box I also got my money back on from another store some months previously though.

Best set top boxes are Topfield, all the others are shite in comparison. Even my big dollar Sony twin tuner HD 250Gb thingo is still a cruddy piece of work compared to the Topfield.
Agreed - Topfield are, well, tops. Have you thought of taking the HD out of the Sony and putting it in the Topfield? My 80Gb original Topfield PVR5000 is now a 250Gb one, and the 80Gb is in the PC. They are just an ordinary Western Digital (IIRC) or Seagate, (maybe) HD.
Mods: Tune, HSD/ShockWorks, black GT335 19” staggered replicas with 245 & 275/35/19 Michelin Pilot sport 5s

Daily: BF2 Fairmont Ghia I6 ZF, machine face GT335 19” staggered Replicas with 245s and 275s, Bilsteins & Kings

FPV 335 build stats: <click here>

Ford Performance Club ACT
Old 14-05-2007, 02:45 PM   #32
Ringo
I see you....

I have a belief that it is a test of any organisation when things go wrong. Sh-t happens. Thats life.....but what is their atittude to this issue? do they want to help? How are they going to do it? Do they follow through with what they say? Did they pass the test?

Blowing your stack at customer service people does nothing that being polite, firm and direct will not do, perhaps it will actually achieve less.

I used have to do some customer service in my younger days. I had a guy do his nah nah at me once...hated him afterwards and did the minimum required to get rid of him and DIDN'T WANT TO HELP HIM...he was an arrogant a-hole who had a legitimite gripe but was enjoying being king d-ck and tearing strips of staff who never caused his issue in the first place.

Another person came in with failed stuff and was calm, annoyed but firm about it and then asked a bunch of open and closed questions about responsibility and then said a bunch of things I have remembered and used since such as:

"I'm not raising my voice or yelling because that isn't going to get me anything I wouldn't get otherwise is it?"
"How could I have avoided this?" (obviously as long you know the answer to this question before you ask it)
"I understand this is not your fault, but your the one who has the power to solve it, right?"
"How much money do you spend in marketing to get customers through the door? How much is this going to cost you to solve to keep me a satisfied customer?"
"Where do you draw the line? Why"

I have also had another customer once who was potentially up for a bill of thousands on a 6 month old car who from the first conversation was taking notes. Gave me a fair indication that if things didn't go his way then this would get messier and I'd be in the middle of it. He came in and took photos for an hour as well. He never lost his temper, or raised his voice which I can only imagine was very difficult for him. He won in the end and no $3500 bill for him but boyo did I put all my effort into it plus warned some others involved that he was taking notes and photos, asking LOTS of questions and was preparing to take it further but was waiting to see what happens first.

In the end he sent my company a letter expressing his thanks for all our efforts on his behalf and noted the work put in by me to solve his issue and for keeping him informed (I proactively called him every 2 days even if it was just to say to touch base - he rarely called me, he had no need to). I got another customer group referred to our company by him later on....hows that!

Raise this issue calmly and then see what happens, and go from there. JB are a big organisation, I have had problem with something I bought there before which they solved by giving me another one, no questions asked. I wish you the same luck.
Old 14-05-2007, 04:23 PM   #33
savagE
Complete ****** n bogan

I work in customer service. It ain't our fault that we work in a shitty structured shop and we can only do so much. You think that we are purposely trying to make your day bad and that we could fix it if we could be buggered. Your wrong.

If you did option 2 or 3 I'd call you a spoilt little **** and would probably have a go at you.
Old 14-05-2007, 04:35 PM   #34
sexr6tasy
Banned

Whatever happened to the customer is always right LOL and when did ford customer service take over jbhi-fi customer service haha
Old 14-05-2007, 04:58 PM   #35
Ridin-High

My mate actually works @ JB Hi-fi, he said to come in today and he will work hard to get my warranty sorted. He told me that the managers are hard to deal with.

For the people who say "you only paid 88 dollars blah blah", if u will give me another $88 then thats ok just send me a PM, i worked for that money & paided full retail so i expect the place to take care of it, i have neither the time or the patience to go back and forward between me and the manufactors, If i bought it from some place that had 50cents markup i would understand, but they prolly got 15 bucks on it... and move 100's a month. When i worked for a computer reseller/disti. If good returned was in stock it would be exchanged on the spot with the faulty good delt with by us and the manufactor and we wasn't making much from some of the gear.

I did the right thing, was calm, called before going to ask if they could help me... they said "Its upto the manager when u get here" and i believe the dude gave me a dodgy shelf one just to **** me off

Ps. Yes i have used the search button mum....
Old 14-05-2007, 11:28 PM   #36
charles_wif_xf
Purveyor of filth

Quote:
Originally Posted by wulos
Because under Australian consumer law is IS their job! Plain and simple, if you are a reseller and selling goods to customers made by a third party then you are accepting responsibility for any quality issues with those items. Like it or not that "IS" the law.
Thats absolutely correct wulos. It shouldn't matter if one paid $88 or $88,000, if the product comes with x amount of warranty period, then the company that sold the product has to honour the terms of the warranty for those x months/years. As wulos said, they take responsibility for the quality of the product when they sell it to you.

Having said that, option 1 is your best bet. If they get all $hitty and are shirking their responsibility after you have exercised option 1, then unleash on them.
Old 15-05-2007, 01:25 AM   #37
[Tonko]
What's green is gold

If someone came into your work, (assuming you work) and started throwing a tantrum like a spoilt little 3 year old brat, while all you are doing is following the guidelines set by your company...
If you did either 2 or 3, i would make it as difficult as i can, just to **** you off even more...
The DVD player was $88, 6 months is a pretty good effort in itself...

EF XR8 - Koni's - Cam and Headwork -3.9s - Ex VIC TMU -

1982 Nissan Patrol - 460 ci Big Block soon - Semi Gloss Black - Dark Tint - 4x 6" Infinity Kappa Perfect Splits - 5" Kappa 2 ways - Kappa 6x9's - 2x12" Kappa perfect subs - 2x4 Channel and 2x Mono Kappa amps-

Old 15-05-2007, 06:04 AM   #38
jonk

If you buy retail then the retailer is obliged to handle the returns. Harvey Normans have a habit of doing this too, palming stuff off to the manufacturers. Funny thing was a few got jacked off over it and refused to sell their stuff with them, plus they grind down the makers with cost reductions.

JB don't employ older types and their staff can be a bit haphazard when dealing with probs, but they get away with because they're new and their shares are doing well, for now - when that changes so will their policies.
Old 15-05-2007, 08:27 AM   #39
Deadman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I still don't see what all the big fuss is about. You bought an $88 DVD player - fair enough. Don't be supprised if it packs it in. It did. You had a warranty with it, went back, and they gave you a replacement. It packed it in to. You haven't actually gone back in there again and yet you're already claiming that they don't honour warranties blah blah blah blah blah.

Just go back in, take your head with you and stay calm, explain the situation and get another replacement model (as for items that are only $88 I highly doubt they send them away to be serviced - most warranty claims on DVD players or low price goods these days are just met with a replacement).

It's not that hard.
Old 15-05-2007, 08:36 AM   #40
AC/DC
" Let there be Rock "

Come to my store and attempt option 2 or 3. This is typical of the public in general, who.

1. Stoop to being tight asses and buy cheap dvd players.
2. Whinge when it packs in.
3. Then they expect us to jump to attention and repair it for them straight away.

Do you realise that NO retailers repair products they sell ?

Everything has to go to a 3rd party repair agent

I suppose you happily pour $100 worth of petrol in your BIG BAD V8 every week, , probably drink $100 worth of booze every week and smoke $80 worth of cigarettes every week, ,

but when your TIGHT *** dvd player packs up you have a big whinge.

A lot of retailers cannot just "SWAP IT OVER BRO" because then the manufacturer WONT give them a credit. X-box is the worst, along with Nokia, and HP, , oh yeah, HP are the worst. before you can do anything you must call india !

Get over it.

AC/DC

Last edited by AC/DC; 15-05-2007 at 08:42 AM.
Old 15-05-2007, 09:05 AM   #41
AC
Saving for a Jet Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoreSlamR
maybe an $88 dvd player is doing what an $88 dvd player is meant to be doing...you get what you pay for
When i was working at Betta, We'd call that "Cheap n Nasty"

Returns were frequent on cheapies.
Old 15-05-2007, 09:11 AM   #42
Laminge
Cuban... nothing like it

That will teach you to watch re runs of the Wiggles.
Closed Thread