Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 24-08-2010, 01:00 PM   #31
auxr
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Flappy - another text book analogy
Old 24-08-2010, 01:04 PM   #32
RedHotGT
Long live the Falcon GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by auxr
Flappy - another text book analogy
I must say - I agree...
Old 24-08-2010, 01:13 PM   #33
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by flappist
So one day if you are no longer allowed to drive your muscle car or V8s are banned outright because some mob of wowers think it is too dangerous and went bezerk in the media don't come crying on the forum BECAUSE IT WILL BE YOUR FAULT.
Wow, that sounds familiar to me and the rest of the 18-21/2 year olds on this forum...

We won't bring that one up though, we know what happens on that one.
Old 24-08-2010, 01:16 PM   #34
ntguy01
Starter Motor

Front Page of the;

Centralian Adocate
Alice Springs: Tuesday, August 24, 2010

DISASTER IN WAITING

144km/h with wheelnuts missing

POLICE were shocked to find three unrestrained babies under four months old in a speeding, defective car.

The car was clocked at 144km/h - with each of its wheels bolted on with only 2 wheelnuts.
Senior Sergeant Darrel Kerr said police stopped the Ford Falcon 65km southwest of Alice Springs just before 5pm on Thursday.
He said officers gave chase when they clocked the car driving at 144km/h in a 110km/h zone.
Sergeant Kerr said: "Police stopped the car and began to inspect it. They found each of the car's wheels had only two wheelnuts and that it was unregistered.
Whats worse, they found three babies on the laps of three of the passengers.
If they'd had an accident, those children would of been at serious risk.
It is just stupid. This situation was an absolute recipe for disaster... we are simply appalled that anyone could be so irresponsible"
The driver, 37, has been charged with exceeding the speed limit by more then 30km, driving an unsafe car, driving an unregistered and uninsured car, and driving with a child under 12 months unrestrained.
He will be summonsed to apprear in Alice Springs Magistrates Court at a later date and a vehicle defect notice was issued.
Old 24-08-2010, 01:18 PM   #35
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntguy01
and a vehicle defect notice was issued.
I think thats going to be the least of their worries, if they drove an already unregistered and unroadworthy car, whats a yellow sticker going to do?

"Oh no I have a yellow sticker, I'm not going to drive now"

If someone shows that much disregard for the laws, they're obviously not going to obide by them.
Old 24-08-2010, 01:39 PM   #36
AussieAV

Nice Post Flappist!!

Edit: deleted rest of my post as pretty much made irrelevant by subsequent posts.
Originally Posted by flappist
Some people drive to go places others go places to drive.......
Old 24-08-2010, 02:35 PM   #37
Auslandau
335 - STILL THE BOSS ...

Sweet Mary & Joseph ....... just the general tone brings the religious nut out in me which should just about now cover all the T&C's. Tongue firmly bitten.

101,436 MEMBERS ......... 101,436 OPINIONS ..... What could possibly go wrong!

Clevo Mafia
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Closed Thread