Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 19-04-2011, 09:02 AM   #31
ltd
Force Fed Fords

Default Re: Damn Aurion vs G6 in a 0-60 dash!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HULK_BA
I have a company car aurion and a BA fairmont.

The aurion is very quick, its first gear is like someone smacks you across the face with a large fish. After that it still pulls well.

The BA wont get it 0-60 but after that i think its got it covered. Maybe a 6spd auto falcon would be in the hunt off the line

Does anyone wanna line up the aurion at eastern creek to settle this? Its a company car and i get free fuel and servicing so i dont care if it cops a hammering at the drags.
Sure thing mate, I've got a G6 and I'm more than happy to race an Aurion. Question though, on the boot it has 3 letters and a word underneath the letters. Does the E and the Turbo mean anything? Other than that I'll see you tomorrow night at the drags.

Seriously, who cares if an Aurion can beat a stock G6 off the line?
It's an Aurion. Do you need to be taught the pro's and cons of both cars again to understand why a G6 is a better car? Yes it has more killer-wasps, yes it's front wheel drive, yes it looks like a whitegood. Just the stigma attached to them alone (ie boring cars for boring people) is reason enough to stay away from it. If you've ever driven one interstate you'll know why a G6 is a much, much better car. Horses for courses really, Toyota is reknowned for boredom and grey cardigans. Ford isn't. 'Nuff said?

Quote:
Powered by GE
ltd is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-04-2011, 09:05 AM   #32
fairBA
Banned

Hoons!!!
fairBA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-04-2011, 10:42 AM   #33
BigAL_250
and that's how it is

I don't really think how fast you can take off from the lights is all that important anymore (except where there's a 2 into 1 merge 50m from the lights, damn we have a lot of those in SA), you take the Aurion and G6 to a track, or even on a nice bit of twisty tarmac, G6 would leave the Aurion in it's dust. RWD FTW
2012 Ford FG MkII G6E 2014 -
BigAL_250 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-04-2011, 10:54 AM   #34
aussie muscle
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by barra265t
The G6 is also the name of a Jet. I would have thought the Ford G6 would at least live up to its name ..
so is FALCON
Old 19-04-2011, 11:05 AM   #35
prasac
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by HULK_BA
I have a company car aurion and a BA fairmont.

The aurion is very quick, its first gear is like someone smacks you across the face with a large fish. After that it still pulls well.

The BA wont get it 0-60 but after that i think its got it covered. Maybe a 6spd auto falcon would be in the hunt off the line

Does anyone wanna line up the aurion at eastern creek to settle this? Its a company car and i get free fuel and servicing so i dont care if it cops a hammering at the drags.
Aurion smokes the BA's, BF's & FG's. i have raced numerous at WSID, i run 14.8's 97mph and i'm 140kg, closest a stock G6 or any Falcon has got was 15.0 with 70kg driver.

best i have seen an Aurion go is 14.4@98mph the driver was 75kg, 1/4 tank and spare tyre removed.
prasac is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-04-2011, 11:16 AM   #36
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Latest motor mag has an XR6 doing 0 - 100 in about 6.8 and the quarter at 14.8..

I reckon with the right driver the Euro 4 Falcon with 6 speed will smack the Aurion if not match it..

the SIDI Omega on the other hand
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-04-2011, 11:19 AM   #37
The Snout

Looks like selling isn't the only thing the G6 is slow at.
The Snout is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-04-2011, 11:49 AM   #38
winkle

I've also got an Aurion as a company car. It's the first company car I've ever had (at age 44) and I'm bloody glad to have it. Being a Ford man (I've owned 4 Falcons and a Territory - all bought new) I was dubious about the Aurion at first, but it's won me over. In 9 months I've done 22,000 km and the car was brand new. These cars are very well made (have not had one thing wrong with it - can't say the same about the Fords) very comfortable and pretty fuel efficient. Best economy I've got was 8.37 l/100km on a round trip Ballarat Shepparton and return and it regularly gets under 9, usually driving at 110 with the A/C on. Mine is the base model AT-X and is very well equipped and very comfortable to drive. I have driven 5 hours Ballarat to Mildura non-stop several times and got out of the car feeling very fresh. I tested it out once and quickly got to 200 before I ran out of road.

These are pretty bloody good car. Sure it's got a reputation as boring and disposable white-good etc, but there is no denying they are a worthy competitor to the Falcon. Doesn't mean I'd buy one, as I've got my eye on a G6E when we update the Territory. But when you can pick up a second hand one with minimal k's for around $25,000, you'd have to look closely at it.
winkle is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-04-2011, 11:54 AM   #39
prasac
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by winkle
I've also got an Aurion as a company car. It's the first company car I've ever had (at age 44) and I'm bloody glad to have it. Being a Ford man (I've owned 4 Falcons and a Territory - all bought new) I was dubious about the Aurion at first, but it's won me over. In 9 months I've done 22,000 km and the car was brand new. These cars are very well made (have not had one thing wrong with it - can't say the same about the Fords) very comfortable and pretty fuel efficient. Best economy I've got was 8.37 l/100km on a round trip Ballarat Shepparton and return and it regularly gets under 9, usually driving at 110 with the A/C on. Mine is the base model AT-X and is very well equipped and very comfortable to drive. I have driven 5 hours Ballarat to Mildura non-stop several times and got out of the car feeling very fresh. I tested it out once and quickly got to 200 before I ran out of road.

These are pretty bloody good car. Sure it's got a reputation as boring and disposable white-good etc, but there is no denying they are a worthy competitor to the Falcon. Doesn't mean I'd buy one, as I've got my eye on a G6E when we update the Territory. But when you can pick up a second hand one with minimal k's for around $25,000, you'd have to look closely at it.

just don't sit in the back seat for too long, i still have people telling me after a year, that they still have sore backs from the drive up to Willowbank, QLD and back to Sydney
Old 19-04-2011, 11:57 AM   #40
HULK EF
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by barra265t
Upon first hearing that chorus when browsing the radio.. didn't realise it was a song. I swear I thought it was some funky new jingle from Ford about the G6
Hate that song but yes... funny resembelence to the ford G6..
HULK EF is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-04-2011, 12:33 PM   #41
OzJavelin
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Aurion might be able to beat my FG over the qtr ... but I can tow a tandem horsefloat.

I can spank an Aurion with my $700 1982 GPz750R1 ... but I'll get wet in the rain.

It's all a bit of comparing apples and oranges. I'd be comparing the Aurion against the Mondeo.
OzJavelin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-04-2011, 01:11 PM   #42
malazn mafia
Boss 335

Quote:
Originally Posted by HULK EF
Hate that song but yes... funny resembelence to the ford G6..
+1. I thought it went.. 'pop the throttle at the lights, like a blizzard, when we drift we do it right, getting slithered. Doing burnouts in my ride, in my G6, now I'm feeling so fly like my G6'
malazn mafia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-04-2011, 01:46 PM   #43
geckoGT
Ich bin ein auslander

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always level headed and i notice him being the voice of reason when a thread may be getting heated 

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussie muscle
so is FALCON
Quote:
Originally Posted by csv8
When did Brizzy become Belfast??????????
Actually that is the F16 Fighting Falcon, the Falcon is a corporate jet made by Dassault.
Old 19-04-2011, 02:00 PM   #44
Professor Farnsworth
Fossil fuel consumer

Location: Mod For: Pub, Bar, Sales Yard, Show 'N Shine, Photoshop, AU to BF, FG to FGX, Territory & Sports Bar
Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Many years of valuable contributions to the forum, including some superb build threads. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by geckoGT
Actually that is the F16 Fighting Falcon, the Falcon is a corporate jet made by Dassault.
splitting hairs there! The common reference to it is just the Falcon
Professor Farnsworth is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-04-2011, 02:10 PM   #45
malazn mafia
Boss 335

Quote:
Originally Posted by Professor Farnsworth

I think of the Falcon as a bird. This bird looks suspiciously similar to the Bird Head logo on the FPV badge

Old 19-04-2011, 02:15 PM   #46
FGII-XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

we're net really comparing apples with apples here the falcon is a bigger and heavier car when you look at the weight of the falcon and it's performance it is a quite impressive package. I'm by no means knocking the aurion I had one supplied while my car was in the panel beaters a while ago and I liked most aspects of the car it went well and handeled well but being very long legged it was too cramped for me to consider owning one, the falcon is larger and more accomodating for me in the front leg area so for me it is the only sensible choice ( I would never own a commodore 6 their V6 has been a lemon from day 1)

the other thing that is often over looked the falcon 6 will kill most if not all its direct competitors if you put 5 hefty adults in it a boot full of lugage and a boat trailer behind it

"It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."

Start a new career as a bus driver

Rides:
FG2 XR6 stock at this stage but a very nice ride

xc 4 DOOR X CHASER 5.8 UNDER RESTO
FGII-XR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-04-2011, 02:21 PM   #47
Professor Farnsworth
Fossil fuel consumer

Location: Mod For: Pub, Bar, Sales Yard, Show 'N Shine, Photoshop, AU to BF, FG to FGX, Territory & Sports Bar
Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Many years of valuable contributions to the forum, including some superb build threads. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by malazn mafia
I think of the Falcon as a bird. This bird looks suspiciously similar to the Bird Head logo on the FPV badge
yes, the Falcon is a bird, the F16 and the Ford were named after it.
Professor Farnsworth is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-04-2011, 02:23 PM   #48
FGII-XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by EgoFG
I am not too fit, but I reckon I could beat any australian manufactured car across the lights on my repco 12 speed.
Ok we’ll put you up against a GT coyote manual 5 grand dump the clutch you’ll be too busy coughing from the smoke to breathe let alone peddle

"It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."

Rides:

Old 19-04-2011, 02:30 PM   #49
Robos F6

I saw a pair of Aurions at Calder the other week and they where constantly running between 14.7 and 14.9 @98mph.
Robos F6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-04-2011, 02:35 PM   #50
malazn mafia
Boss 335

Quote:
Originally Posted by au3xr6
we're net really comparing apples with apples here the falcon is a bigger and heavier car when you look at the weight of the falcon and it's performance it is a quite impressive package. I'm by no means knocking the aurion I had one supplied while my car was in the panel beaters a while ago and I liked most aspects of the car it went well and handeled well but being very long legged it was too cramped for me to consider owning one, the falcon is larger and more accomodating for me in the front leg area so for me it is the only sensible choice ( I would never own a commodore 6 their V6 has been a lemon from day 1)

the other thing that is often over looked the falcon 6 will kill most if not all its direct competitors if you put 5 hefty adults in it a boot full of lugage and a boat trailer behind it
Once had a colleague who was 6ft4. The company issued car was an EL falcon. He was specifically given a VS commodore because it was the only car with enough legroom for him. Don't know if it was just his an excuse for not having to drive a Falcon or there was truth to it.
Old 19-04-2011, 02:35 PM   #51
malazn mafia
Boss 335

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robos F6
I saw a pair of Aurions at Calder the other week and they where constantly running between 14.7 and 14.9 @98mph.
Hmm.. the day grandpa got sick of lawn bowls and decided to give motor racing a go But hey, if I was grandpa and a bit too old to be working on cars, I'd rather the Aurion than wasting the pension on diff bushes, transmissions, engine mounts or whatever breaks on Falcons.
Old 19-04-2011, 02:45 PM   #52
FGII-XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by malazn mafia
Hmm.. the day grandpa got sick of lawn bowls and decided to give motor racing a go But hey, if I was grandpa and a bit too old to be working on cars, I'd rather the Aurion than wasting the pension on diff bushes, transmissions, engine mounts or whatever breaks on Falcons.
do they make C.A.M.S approved cardigans and dogs with nodding heads for the parcel shelf?

Rides:

Old 19-04-2011, 02:46 PM   #53
prasac
Banned

luckily for Falcon drivers the Aurion can't be tweeked a mate was telling me, he spoke to a guy that makes those little midget car things, they use an Aurion engine with an enhanced ECU, makes 235kw and can run ALL DAY LONG

it's hard to kill an Aurion, i have tried, up to about 50 passes on 25000km old oil, almost 15,000km over it's scheduled service

pretty sure the Aurion motor are the ones used in the new Lotus Evora's.

Last edited by prasac; 19-04-2011 at 02:57 PM.
Old 19-04-2011, 02:49 PM   #54
Chopped
as in chopped

2nd Hand Presaras can be found pretty cheap for what they are.
Lots of kit for little money.

The US Taurus has a similar look to the Camry/Aurion IMO.
Old 19-04-2011, 03:20 PM   #55
FJ20ET

Did everyone forget some were supercharged too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NWRXlZZ-AT4

Horses for courses I reckon,my boss has an Aurion company car and I'd rather drive the 04 hilux.
FJ20ET is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-04-2011, 03:34 PM   #56
Black F6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrenaline
They would be neck and neck. The Aurion is a quick unit, I've seen 14.5 second passes stock.

lol 14.5 being called quick , just saying
10.25@138mph FG XR6T (new toy) (Nizpro)
Black F6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-04-2011, 03:38 PM   #57
prasac
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black F6
lol 14.5 being called quick , just saying
it's quick compared to a G6

i like seeing people get out there and have some fun, without worrying if people will make fun of them. might be a 14-sec Aurion today, in 5 years it might be a 6-sec full tube car. u gotta start somewhere.
Old 19-04-2011, 04:42 PM   #58
geckoGT
Ich bin ein auslander

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always level headed and i notice him being the voice of reason when a thread may be getting heated 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Professor Farnsworth
I know, just playing around on a thread that is otherwise pointless, vast majority of road tests show the aurion is quicker in the 0-100 and leads over the falcon and commodore from start to finish. As for towing horse floats, long trips etc, each car has strengths and weaknesses and what is important is up to the individual.
Old 19-04-2011, 05:01 PM   #59
billy302

Who cares?
The Aurion is a great car and is very fast.
The G6 Falcon is a great car too.
Variety is the spice of life and what suits one will not suit another.
I'd have either or both as long as it's red who cares.
billy302 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-04-2011, 05:07 PM   #60
FGII-XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

interesting point as to why each car suits different people better despite being marketed at the same target group
The Aurion may have 200 killerwasps compared to falcons 195 but
the falcon has 391Nm @3250rpm compared to 336 @ 4700rpm

Rides: