Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-04-2006, 08:20 PM   #31
elgt146
315-TUF

And if we want to add some more fuel to the fire here is some more goss.

Yes there are different dimensions. We currently live in 3rd dimension. Earth is the only known place that exists where we can live out as 3rd dimension that is why earth is so unique. This is why we are visted.

There are other dimensions. The end of the Mayan calendar some belielve will allow those who resonate at a higher frequenzy to move into that 4th dimension.

To understand all this a bit more you need to start thinking of your body as a car that you are just living this lifetime in. You incarnated to be on earth to live & experience 3rd dimension. Part of that is forgetting about your past lives and your true origins.

Millions of years ago many races got together and created the DNA of the human, it came from such aliens as Reptilians, Plaeidans and others. The end of our tailbone is from our reptile roots.

The Mayans worshipped the serpent, the churches told you the serpent was evil (didnt want you to know your true roots), Indian culture charm snakes, Egyptians kept snakes & crodiles in Pyramids.

And of course the aborigines. "The Rainbow Serpent" You may have heard of Chakras on the Human Body, well the earth has them too. Ayers Rock is the earths Heart Chakra.

Once you put everything together from all different cultures Christianity is the only one full of crap and stories.

The first attempt at habiting earth was the Dinosaurs but they were to reptilian & survival based and were therefore wiped out. There were many reasons for this but it was mainly due to survivol or other alien races.

Mars was once inhabited but was wiped out by a nuke that is why it is now completed desolate. There was also another planet in our solar system called Nibura (it appears on coins from Rome and NASA mention it) It exploded and this is now what is referred to as the Photon Belt.

That should get your tongues wagging.
Old 12-04-2006, 08:26 PM   #32
Poetic Justice
NOT A TOYOTA :/

Interesting.
Old 12-04-2006, 08:32 PM   #33
Outbackjack
Central to all beach's

Old 12-04-2006, 08:33 PM   #34
EF, What else?
A Bloke

Quote:
Originally Posted by elgt146
And if we want to add some more fuel to the fire here is some more goss.

Yes there are different dimensions. We currently live in 3rd dimension. Earth is the only known place that exists where we can live out as 3rd dimension that is why earth is so unique. This is why we are visted.

There are other dimensions. The end of the Mayan calendar some belielve will allow those who resonate at a higher frequenzy to move into that 4th dimension.

To understand all this a bit more you need to start thinking of your body as a car that you are just living this lifetime in. You incarnated to be on earth to live & experience 3rd dimension. Part of that is forgetting about your past lives and your true origins.

Millions of years ago many races got together and created the DNA of the human, it came from such aliens as Reptilians, Plaeidans and others. The end of our tailbone is from our reptile roots.

The Mayans worshipped the serpent, the churches told you the serpent was evil (didnt want you to know your true roots), Indian culture charm snakes, Egyptians kept snakes & crodiles in Pyramids.

And of course the aborigines. "The Rainbow Serpent" You may have heard of Chakras on the Human Body, well the earth has them too. Ayers Rock is the earths Heart Chakra.

Once you put everything together from all different cultures Christianity is the only one full of crap and stories.

The first attempt at habiting earth was the Dinosaurs but they were to reptilian & survival based and were therefore wiped out. There were many reasons for this but it was mainly due to survivol or other alien races.

Mars was once inhabited but was wiped out by a nuke that is why it is now completed desolate. There was also another planet in our solar system called Nibura (it appears on coins from Rome and NASA mention it) It exploded and this is now what is referred to as the Photon Belt.

That should get your tongues wagging.
and yet, alot of these arguments floated regarding the Mayan Culture and other dimensions fits in with the Christian prophesy, along with a few others. :thebirds: Hey, i mite as well through some fuel on as well.
Old 12-04-2006, 08:38 PM   #35
elgt146
315-TUF

I think we may have thrown a bit of BP 100 in there. LOL
Old 12-04-2006, 08:44 PM   #36
McobraR
me may my mo

i remember watchin somewhere that by a certain date in 2011/2012 (near december if i remember correctly) the solar system will be entering an 'empty space' in the sky. This 'empty space' is really a dust cloud in space, and yeh, scientists aren't sure what will happen.
Old 12-04-2006, 08:53 PM   #37
falcon91

Quote:
Originally Posted by McobraR
i remember watchin somewhere that by a certain date in 2011/2012 (near december if i remember correctly) the solar system will be entering an 'empty space' in the sky. This 'empty space' is really a dust cloud in space, and yeh, scientists aren't sure what will happen.
I know:
Beer will be $100 a carton
Smokes .....$100 a carton
Fuel...........$3.75 Litre

We will be discussing is " Does Duracell or Energizers make your car go faster"
Old 12-04-2006, 08:53 PM   #38
red_hotxr6
Banned

Well it is a bit funny that about3-400 years ago alot of the priests and popes got together and decided what and how many books should make up the Bible. Shouldnt everything be in the Bible seeing as it is God,s word. Also if you have a look just about every tribe on this planet tells how in the old days of gods coming down to earth and helping them even marrying then leaving and going back where they came from.
Old 12-04-2006, 09:16 PM   #39
elgt146
315-TUF

Some more fuel.....

Everyone is entitled to their opinions and thats what makes everyone different.
My opinion is the bible was formed and has been hacked at over many years.
It was originally designed to control the masses of the people to which is still does to some degree. If you sin you go to hell. Be good or else. Churches still have a great amount of power. Look at George Bush and his buddies. Fortunately the walls are starting to crumble.

The bible forgot to mention reincarnation which just happens to be in every other spiritual religion. Why? For control of the people. When people are scared they can be controlled.

Look at the fear we live in now. Terrorism etc. Life is no different, it has been made out to be different by media, governments, churches and the powers to be. We now perceive life differently.

Does a cow now live in fear of getting blown up? No because life is still the same, no different to the cow. The cow still perceives everyday as another.

As I said everyone is entitled to their own opinions so I don't want to start anything but I believe when you start to look at the broader picture of the jigsaw of life things come together in a different perspective.

And I am not an Alien, I'm your Favourite Martian. :-)
Old 12-04-2006, 10:09 PM   #40
XD 351 Ute
Excessive Fuel Ingestion

This is a very educational thread, keep up the good work!
Nothing like having something other than cars to think about.

Ed
Old 12-04-2006, 11:50 PM   #41
watever

best thing i have read in ages. very informative and interesting
Old 13-04-2006, 09:00 AM   #42
red_hotxr6
Banned

Cool

Ok how about this, Genesis 6-1 ... the sons of God saw thatthe daughters of men were fair, and they took to wife such of them as they chose...
Who were the "sons of God'
Then we have a race of man, Aurignacian, circa..30,000 bc that had a brain case of 100 cubic centimetres bigger than today,s modern man,s 1,300 cc capacity. A case of hybrid breeding.
All right the Mayans seem to be a cut above the rest - architecture that rivals today,s tehnology, a culture that invented the figure zero to " facilitate mathematical caculation". A culture that created a yearly calendar accurate to within 17 seconds in 365 days. Doctors who have examined skulls found at Mayan burial sites have come to the conclusion that not only did the Mayans do brain surgery-the actual holes in the skull are smooth and taper off to a very thin layer of bone which indicate that cells regenerated in a healing process- the patient lived at least 40 years after.And they were plenty of these skulls around to show it was not a one off occurence.
Old 02-05-2011, 05:26 PM   #43
gtfpv
GT

Default Re: "" MAYAN CALANDER ""

hmmmm revisiting this thread . now is it the 24/11/2011 or the 21/12/2012 ?
getting closer to being prophetic or myth busted ?
Old 02-05-2011, 06:09 PM   #44
Road_Warrior
Pity the fool

From what I can gather, the reason why the Mayan long count calendar ends in the manner it does (which people have interpreted as being some end-of-world date in 2012) is because they did not know what to do at the end - restart the sequence over again, or do something else?

Hell, with a complex mathematical sequence like that, I'm not surprised they went "meh" when they had finished.

1970 XW Falcon GT replica | 1970 XW Falcon | 1971 XY Fairmont | 1973 ZG Fairlane | 1986 XF Falcon panel van | 1987 XFII Falcon S-Pack | 1988 XF Falcon GLS ute | 1993 EBII Fairmont V8 | 1996 XG Falcon ute | 2000 AU Falcon wagon | 2004 BA Falcon XT | 2012 SZ Territory Titanium AWD

Proud to buy Australian and support Ford Australia through thick and thin
Old 02-05-2011, 06:19 PM   #45
Rodp
Regular Schmuck

In the interests of being a philanthropist, anyone who subscribes to the end of the world on 21/12/2012 - I'll pay 1/100th of the market value of anyone's appreciable assets on 19/12/2012 - so for the last two days before the end of the world, you can whoop it up, all cashed up.

If you take advantage of this offer but wait until 20/12/2012 then I'm afraid it'll be 1/1000th of the value.

Form an orderly line here --->
Old 02-05-2011, 06:37 PM   #46
Pis-ton broke
Banned

just who do we believe??. all i can add is, ignorance is bliss. do the mayan drive cool fords?
Old 02-05-2011, 06:43 PM   #47
jamesson1980
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11291110

A thread I started last year out of keen interest on the topic. The opening post outlines my views and a little of the research I did at the time.

To save you opening a new tab..
Quote:
G'day Fellow Ford Fans,
Just googling my way around the net the other night and got onto some 2012 doomsday stuff. I searched in here for threads related but found only 2012 model releases.. but if there's a duplicate, feel free to delete this and direct me to it thanks moderators.

Ok, it seems there's a sqillion theories out there (give or take), the authors of which are invariably CORRECT, just ask em'. The main theories seem to revolve around 4 main keys:
1. Galactic stuff affecting our planet; by actual scientists (the most credible of all, thankfully these guys seem less inclined to say we're all gonna die)

2. The end of the world and mankind as we know it; mainly by religious fanatics trying to sell prophecy and survival books.

3. The economical and social collapse of major countries; by conspiracy theorists (unsurprisingly America, England, Australia and Canada are apparently the major victims of this event)

4. And that bloody Mayan calender (a glorified odometer)

If you couldn't care less, look away now but if you're curious in any way like I was, this is a very basic blurb on what I'v come to learn;

Firstly the Mayan calender which has great cycles of 144,000 days or something similar. It started August 11, 3114 BC and ends December 21 2012. Many scientific theories of doom have had their fruition dates altered to coincide with this. The Mayans themselves insist their end of days is nothing more that a spiritual change or consciousness shift and afterwards, their calender happily ticks over from 13,13,13,13,13,13,13,13,13,13,13,13,13 to 0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,1 and their new cycle begins. (it should be noted that others have put their own spin on this, inserting their own beliefs into the mix and claiming that's what the Mayans believe)

Then there's the religious nutters.. even everyday nutters are afraid of religious nutters. I haven't read any of their stuff in depth because it's mainly about purchasing a book to ready yourself to be accepted into the new world as god himself has apparently written this one off as of 2008 and due to be phased out totally by 2012.

The conspiracy theorists who site 2009 as the year the USA starts to implode financially then politically, coming to a head in 2012, some have tossed World War 3 in there, and many have said Australia and other Western nations are goin down with the ship too.

Then the only ones I'v actually even considered taking seriously are the scientists. All sorts of events have been penned for this day in 2012 (get out your umbrellas, she's gonna get nasty outside). Collisions with asteroids, Major volcanic/siezemic activity, polar reversal etc, but the most talked about and the only reasonable one for my digestion is the solar activity. Apparently there are solar cycles of 11 years and the current one is set to peak early 2012 (although thus far it's been the least volatile cycle in 100 years). Many scientist, astronomers etc have predicted Solar activity having effects on the Earth, ranging from electrical/telecom disruptions all the way to total scorching of the planet.

What do I think is gonna happen?? BUGGER ALL!! At the very worst I can see mass panic and hysteria in places such as America where they are fed much stronger doses of these doomsday stories. If any sort of natural disaster occurs in November/December 2012, no matter how mild, I think panic is very possible.

Anyway take from this what you will, I'd love to read what other rational and unbiassed Australains reckon about it all.

Before I go, here are some of the most interesting theories:
**Apparently some countries such as Russia are nearing completion of entire underground cities to hold tens of thousands of people in case of any doomsday event, and Norway has underground facilities for their entire population!

**Novelty Theory / Timewave Zero: 'According to Terence McKenna, who conceived the idea over several years in the early-mid 1970s while using psilocybin mushrooms and DMT, the universe has a teleological attractor at the end of time that increases interconnectedness, eventually reaching a singularity of infinite complexity in 2012, at which point anything and everything imaginable will occur simultaneously.' Yikes, keep your diary clear for that day then, it's gonna get busy!

**And my favourite of all from a researcher named PATRICK GERYL:
'Got several mails from Australia like this one:

Hi, I’m in Australia , I understand whats going to happen / Can I make a survival place/ community here, advice, I am on your wavelength...
Thanks,
Ron

My answer:
Sorry,
Survival will be higly unlikely in Australia

1. Tidal wave will be 2 km (7,000 feet) high!

Here is the link:
<link to his website where you can buy his book>

His answer:
Hi , thanks for that, we have mountains 2.1-2.2 high,
Would think it was possible? Aboriginals survived!?

My answer:
Mountains can sink. Read my book How to Survive 2012
Also the high mountains are natural parks. You can't build bunkers there or stockpile survival material!
How long do you think you can survive without food, material, etcetera?

VERY IMPORTANT NOTE

Papoua New Guinea had a land bridge with Australia after the cataclysm.
Then the ice melted and the land bridge disappeared.

See Underworld from Graham Hancock
So it is possible that the animals and the aboriginals came from there!
Also, he goes on to say that when the water subsides the new south pole will be in Perth and all Australia will be under polar ice except for Cape York Peninsula.
(top up the anti-freeze and pop the snow chains on for Ford Forums Cruise January 13, 2013

2009 FG XR6, Ego Paint, Darkest possible tint, Sunroof, Black Vic number plates. No performance mods. Born To Be Mild

Last edited by jamesson1980; 02-05-2011 at 06:49 PM.
Old 02-05-2011, 06:50 PM   #48
jamesson1980
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

^^^ bold bits are the most ridiculous

2009 FG XR6, Ego Paint, Darkest possible tint, Sunroof, Black Vic number plates. No performance mods. Born To Be Mild
Old 02-05-2011, 06:54 PM   #49
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Well just before the end of the world is the second coming when the saviour appears to fulfil the hopes and dreams of the weirdly dressed, gap toothed, narrow minded faithful and leas them on a path to glory.

And just this year FINALLY, a V8 falcon is faster than both the I6 falcon as well as holden and HSV. ZOMG 111!1!!!1!!1!!11!!!!.......

Praise be the Ford.....

Shame the world will end before these cars are 10 years old at the faithful can finally afford the payments on them......
Old 02-05-2011, 06:59 PM   #50
gtfpv
GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesson1980
^^^ bold bits are the most ridiculous
maybe , but right at the very end we may finally have an explanation as to why the BOSS 335 has no intercooler , the MKII will need no mods to acheive more power without heatsoak , a win for ford as there wont need to be a cent spent , the climate will provide and engine power upgrade for free
Old 02-05-2011, 07:01 PM   #51
jamesson1980
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by flappist

And just this year FINALLY, a V8 falcon is faster than both the I6 falcon as well as holden and HSV.
I believe you actually predicted this in the thread mentioned above.. 13/3/10 to be exact.. scholar

Old 02-05-2011, 08:14 PM   #52
Ben73
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I want some of whatever you guys are smoking.
Old 02-05-2011, 08:45 PM   #53
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by flappist
Well just before the end of the world is the second coming when the saviour appears to fulfil the hopes and dreams of the weirdly dressed, gap toothed, narrow minded faithful and leas them on a path to glory.

And just this year FINALLY, a V8 falcon is faster than both the I6 falcon as well as holden and HSV. ZOMG 111!1!!!1!!1!!11!!!!.......

Praise be the Ford.....

Shame the world will end before these cars are 10 years old at the faithful can finally afford the payments on them......

Look at the bright side...Falcon will outlast the world!!

Take that Wheels, Drive, carsguide....etc.
Old 02-05-2011, 09:41 PM   #54
Iggypoppin'
Chasing a FORD project!

Hmmmmm....think I'll stick with my boring physics and proven scientific facts etc.
Game. Reinvented.

1996 BMW 740iL V8. TV, phone, leather, sunroof, satnav, all as standard. Now with 19" TSW Brooklands, 2 1/2" stainless steel exhaust, plus more coming soon.
Old 02-05-2011, 11:01 PM   #55
jamesson1980
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggypoppin'
Hmmmmm....think I'll stick with my boring physics and proven scientific facts etc.
+1 these certainly paint the least catastrophic and thankfully most realistic picture of Earth post 2012.

Look up what Nasa has written about all of this. 2012 will actually be one of the most unremarkable periods for many years in terms of physical threats from solar, asteroid and from within our own little magnetic bubble. This theory suits me fine

Old 02-05-2011, 11:47 PM   #56
buggo
[BU66OS]

The thing I find most interesting with this is that, no matter what is said from either side, no one will ever truly Know, not assume, know what will happen until we get to the day after.
Reading about civilations ten's of thousands of years ago being highly advanced, about acheiving the 'impossible', about how they 'know' things that even today seem out there, makes me think, there must be something were missing.

BA XR8 Manual
Old 02-05-2011, 11:58 PM   #57
Ben73
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The Mayan calender will destroy the world in the same way computers destroyed the world on 1/1/2000, very badly.
Old 03-05-2011, 12:00 AM   #58
Fled74
The Thread Killa

I've finished the "Zombie Survival Guide" by Max Brooks, and am just starting on his "World War Z".

Just in case, y'know?

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." - Aristotle
Old 03-05-2011, 12:32 AM   #59
Rodp
Regular Schmuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by buggo_gt
The thing I find most interesting with this is that, no matter what is said from either side, no one will ever truly Know, not assume, know what will happen until we get to the day after.
It depends on the kook theory you're trying to debunk, though.

Planet X colliding with Earth? Easy to debunk. There is no Planet X or Nibiru (?) that will affect the Earth in any way.

Some hokum about energies changing (?). Ok, I'll side with absolute bollocks but I can't offer any proof other than I think the person that believes it is a moron and I'll have to wait ~1.5 years before they realise it too.

Agreed with an earlier poster that suggested that crappy things that can and will happen on Earth will mark the beginning of the end by some dingbat - people will listen and the stupid among them will panic.

You just have to look at what crawls out of the woodwork when catastrophes like the floods in QLD, quake in NZ and tsunami in Japan happens and claiming it's god's work punishing the heathens that live there.
Old 03-05-2011, 12:39 AM   #60
grandpa_spec_F6
AFF Whore

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fled74
I've finished the "Zombie Survival Guide" by Max Brooks, and am just starting on his "World War Z".

Just in case, y'know?
*cocks shotgun, throws it to Fled74*

Let DO THIS!!
My GMC Sierra is banned under Victoria's high powered vehicle laws, and its a 4082kg apartment complex on wheels.
Current Ride: Not a falcon, the struggle is real
Closed Thread