Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 18-01-2007, 09:53 AM   #31
HLC
Audi S3

tickets on sale today. www.ticketek.com.au
Old 18-01-2007, 09:58 AM   #32
eXi7w0unD

lol slayer....
Old 18-01-2007, 05:09 PM   #33
70caprigt3k
Nitrous Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HLC
tickets on sale today. www.ticketek.com.au
Already got mine! : :sm_headba
Old 18-01-2007, 06:15 PM   #34
WOLF
Track Red XY

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathXR
You'll have two more shows to do just that, Vader confirmed for April, followed by legends Sodom in May. :sm_headba

You're right HLC, 2006 was good. Now that promoters are seeing international metal tours as viable now, more are jumping on the band wagon. Rumours persist we might also see Celtic Frost. The future looks great!

: :sm_headba
Sodom coming out will certainly make my day! After catching Kreator in 92, Destruction in '02 and now Sodom will make the Unholy Germanic trinity complete! well, well, Celtic Frost EARLY releases some of the best most influential ep's of all time (still are), although could we really expect Tom & co to capture that early 80's feeling today? I think not!
Evil Invaders gathering in March should be a corker.....fingers doubly crossed Cauldron Black Ram should play this one.
WOLF is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-04-2007, 12:18 AM   #35
HLC
Audi S3

bump this eh.

Slayer are playing in Sydney tomorrow night!!! i cant wait!!!!
Old 17-04-2007, 10:40 AM   #36
XWGT
Powered by Marshall

Good l;uck to those attending, I missed out and its nearly killing me, however I dont think Vodaphone is a great venue for them. Festival Hall rocked many years ago and still ranks as teh best concert ever.

However, I see Sodom on the horizon. There is a god!
Old 17-04-2007, 10:44 AM   #37
WOLF
Track Red XY

Quote:
Originally Posted by XWGT
Good l;uck to those attending, I missed out and its nearly killing me, however I dont think Vodaphone is a great venue for them. Festival Hall rocked many years ago and still ranks as teh best concert ever.

...yes and his name is Odin! bring on angelripper and the gang can't wait
Old 17-04-2007, 03:14 PM   #38
Mark351
Built Ford Tough

I dunno, I mean, it was Slayer, so it wasn't bad, but something was missing. I think I felt the same kind of thing when they toured the second time - the first tour was so awesome perhaps it set the bar too high...

The whole band just felt like they were going through the motions. I'm not a Mastodon fan, but they had a lot more stage presense than Slayer did. The project backdrop was a nice touch but otherwise I left not feeling wholely satisfied.
Mark351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-04-2007, 01:01 AM   #39
chief
FTF Club Moderator

I went and saw Slayer tonight. My boss ended up with an extra ticket so shouted me a night out. How many boss's do that for you?

By the way the show was great.

Falcon Tickford FPV (FTF) Car Club of NSW

Fords in the Park 2010

I use and recommend Stingray Car Security.
http://www.stingraycar.com.au/
chief is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-04-2007, 01:20 AM   #40
uranium_death
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by XWGT

I think your statement is quite correct.
My brother has been to a couple (if not more) of Slayer gigs and although he said the music was fine, the location was terrible.
According to what he told me, there were 3 types of tickets.
There were two floor areas. There was an area in front of the band, one further back (where my brother was -he couldn't see anything) and up in the stands (where my brother eventually went).

The venue is crappo because no beer can be served after 9:30pm due to the venue's licensing. My brother was cut because he wanted to have a couple of drinks with his mates. He was not happy.

He goes to a lot of gigs in smaller locations and always has a few. This night he said that although the music was fine, part of the night for him is to share a few alcoholic drinks with his friends.
uranium_death is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-04-2007, 02:10 AM   #41
loxxr6
XB in parts...

Quote:
The whole band just felt like they were going through the motions. I'm not a Mastodon fan, but they had a lot more stage presense than Slayer did. The project backdrop was a nice touch but otherwise I left not feeling wholely satisfied.
The Slayer gig before tonight - which was awesome by the way - was a bit of a minor let down. They did seem to just want to play thru and boot off. It was still good coz it was Slayer after all....

Quote:
HLC : loxx, we'll have to catch up at a concert oneday and down beers.
Funny you mention this. Hey, I am sure I was standing next to you before Slayer came on. Did you have an Anthrax (I'm the man probably) shirt on ? You were with another dude with glasses ???

I was with a mate and had a mortician ( http://www.morticianrecords.com/ ) shirt on, shaved head and I am sure I was standing next to you. I didn't say anything coz it felt a bit weird coming up to another dude in a metal concert lol.

Daily Driver 2019 Ford Escape...looking for XR6T's.

loxxr6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-04-2007, 10:06 AM   #42
HLC
Audi S3

so i saw Slayer last night...

BEST GIG OF 2007.

AND, I GOT ONE OF DAVE LOMBARDO'S USED DRUMSTICKS!!!

That was a score and a half. i never get anything at gigs lol

ok, it was Awesome.

i skipped most of Mortal Sin... Mastodon started i was down near the front, finished off my can and jumped in the pit. Mastodon were AWESOME. no talking between songs. just playing. they played a lot off Blood Moutain which ruled. so glad i saw them live was fantastic!!!

then it was SLAYER!!! went down the front again and stayed in the pit for the whole set. the set list was pretty much a typical awesome Slayer set. all the good songs. the pit was insane. im covered in bruises... and i only fell once which was pretty good!!! my neck/back/ribs are so stiff and sore. its ******.

BUT I GOT THE DRUMSTICK!!!! pics soon.

off to work. start at 10am lol. its gonna be a crap shift, thats for sure.

LOXX, yeah that was me with the I AM THE LAW shirt hahah should have said Gday!!! its not weird hahah i always go up to people and chat hahah

and i guess to some extent it was like they were going through the motions, but its hard to keep things fresh after 20 years. besides, i dont care, IT WAS SLAYER!!!
Old 18-04-2007, 02:40 PM   #43
Rodp
Regular Schmuck

Damn, if I knew Mortal Sin were playing I probably would have tried harder to go. I used to try and get to every gig of theirs in the late 80's early 90's.

Saw Slayer the last few times the came out and they were great the 1st time at the Horden (I couldn't hear for days afterwards) but was a little ****ed off with him apologising between songs tho. The couple after that just didn't seem as good which is why I largely chose not to try and get out of being on call and check them out again.

I'd see Anthrax again if they came out though, and Mortals were supporting them as well.
Rodp is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-04-2007, 05:32 PM   #44
daniel_rossy
AU Falcon

haha yeah my mate went to the one in melb a few days ago.. he said it went off! n they death pit was suposally crazy as...
daniel_rossy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-04-2007, 02:28 AM   #45
70caprigt3k
Nitrous Junkie

Just got back from the Brissy Slayer gig and it was insane, mastodon got the cold shoulder from the crowd and it was all pretty dead but as soon as Slayer hit the stage it went nuts, the pit was crazy i am sore as all hell.

They played a few goodies to start with then played a few off the new album which i wasn't too fussed with so i went and got a few beers then they started playing Reigning Blood needless to say i charged into the pit but the whole place soon turned into a massive mosh pit it was just unbelieveable.
Old 20-04-2007, 03:59 AM   #46
Airmon
King of the Fairy's.

Its a shame that such great metal bands charge so much for their shows. As much as I like Slayer, I wasnt about to pay $80odd to go watch 'em.
I've wanted to see Metallica for years and years, and I bet that when they come out the tickets will be $100+, and I wont see them.
Airmon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-04-2007, 07:12 AM   #47
WOLF
Track Red XY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airmon
Its a shame that such great metal bands charge so much for their shows. As much as I like Slayer, I wasnt about to pay $80odd to go watch 'em.
I've wanted to see Metallica for years and years, and I bet that when they come out the tickets will be $100+, and I wont see them.
I'd have to agree there. I mean going to an arena to see a metal band is just not metal full stop.
In complete contrast, seeing Danzig at smaller packed venue like the palace...not thats metal!

The other reason is a band like slayer are more keen on flogging newer material for the kids, but in reality most folk are only there to hear older stuff & rightly so! Out of curiosity do they still play any trax from Show No mercy/hell awaits Lp's?
Also, I'm curious as to why people are bashing Mastodon so much? Even though I dislike most modern metal, I can still apreciate quality metal when I hear it. I am only going by leviathan which I was sent aeons ago but its definately enjoyable listen.
Old 20-04-2007, 08:15 AM   #48
70caprigt3k
Nitrous Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR8Rob
Out of curiosity do they still play any trax from Show No mercy/hell awaits Lp's?
Die by the sword.
Old 20-04-2007, 09:34 AM   #49
HLC
Audi S3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airmon
you reckon?

i thought $80 was a bargain. but i love Mastodon as much as Slayer. Metallica wanted $140 last time they came out in 04.

most of the gigs i catch are between $50 and $80. i think that is reasonable. Axl wants well over $100 for tickets to gunners when they play.

aside from Big Day Out, the most ive paid for a gig was $96 and that was to see Megadeth late last year. i only paid $70 to see them in 2005. but they are my favourite band. so i dont care.
Old 20-04-2007, 07:17 PM   #50
Airmon
King of the Fairy's.

$50 for Lamb of God, now there's a bargain!
Airmon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-04-2007, 02:50 AM   #51
chief
FTF Club Moderator

Foo Fighters at the Opera House was over $150 and that was the economy seating. Lucky my mate owed me money and thats how he repayed me.

Where are the pics Henri!!!???

Falcon Tickford FPV (FTF) Car Club of NSW

Fords in the Park 2010

I use and recommend Stingray Car Security.
http://www.stingraycar.com.au/
chief is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-04-2007, 12:30 PM   #52
MRJUCY
Fordless

I went to the Sydney gig on Tuesday I noticed the volume was a lot lower then it was when I've seen them or even other metal bands play the Horden previously but at least I didn't have ringing ears after. It was shame Mortal Sin only got 20 minutes but since you can see them fairly regularly locally it's fair enough, I didn't bother watching Mastodon because I thought beer was a much better option honestly.

From memory the Biohazard/Slayer tour was $30 odd, Machine Head/Slayer was about $50 something.
I'm seeing Sick of it All next month for $37.40 which is much more reasonable.
MRJUCY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-04-2007, 02:59 PM   #53
loxxr6
XB in parts...

Quote:
The other reason is a band like slayer are more keen on flogging newer material for the kids, but in reality most folk are only there to hear older stuff & rightly so! Out of curiosity do they still play any trax from Show No mercy/hell awaits Lp's?
They have played Hell Awaits before. Die By The Sword was played at the Sydney gig. They played a couple of other really old tracks but I just can't think of the names - two I didn't recognise myself.

Daily Driver 2019 Ford Escape...looking for XR6T's.

loxxr6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-04-2007, 10:51 PM   #54
Teleto
Concept 2 Reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR8Rob
Out of curiosity do they still play any trax from Show No mercy/hell awaits Lp's?
At the Melbourne show they played Die By The Sword and Show No Mercy along with Captor of Sin from Haunting The Chapel.
Teleto is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post