Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 29-03-2007, 12:25 AM   #31
Van D
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by AU2PWR
Anyone in Vic interested , theres a Drive in Night This Saturday at the Lunar in Dandey
Hey man, what's showing there?

I go to dromana very very occasionaly, I should visit the one in dany though!

I love em, there should be more I reckon. Though with kids (as in, young adults) these days, I can see them easily being ruined with the wrong crowd..
Van D is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-03-2007, 12:36 AM   #32
ROOSTA
DFDFDF

I noticed there was one at Dromana when i was down for xmas.. so it obviously is running?? Might have to drop in there next xmas..

Cheers,
Nik
ROOSTA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-03-2007, 12:44 AM   #33
56L
a.k.a PAULY

there is one at HEDDON GRETA hunter valley that still operates
1947 ford thames tipper V8 21 stud flat head
1939 ford beer barrel truck V8 24 stud flat head
HZJ diesel ute
HJ47 diesel ute
56L is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-03-2007, 07:43 AM   #34
dan.76
always reading posts

last movie i saw was superman 3 , when i was only a little tacker, great fun indeed
dan.76 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-03-2007, 08:34 AM   #35
Quasi
Boss 290 BA GT Goodness

Quote:
Originally Posted by csv8
One in Brisbane, at Yatla.
....and it rocks! They have regular special events and apparently get VERY busy on weekends. We're moving to the Gold Coast in a few months and can't wait to hit this place:

http://www.drive-intheatre.com.au/index.htm
The Toy - 03 BA GT In 'Venom', Silver BF Stripe Kit, Non-Premium Sound, Cloth Trim, Auto, 19" Staggered Vertini, Custom Exhaust, Roof DVD

Member of the FPV & XR Owners Club of ACT

Web Links To Check Out

Shannons Club Garage

Facebook Photo Albums
Quasi is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-03-2007, 09:04 AM   #36
BlueRaven
Dual O2 sensors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quasi
....and it rocks! They have regular special events and apparently get VERY busy on weekends. We're moving to the Gold Coast in a few months and can't wait to hit this place:

http://www.drive-intheatre.com.au/index.htm
Your not wrong. Last time we went there, we were lining up for 15minutes down the road (peak hour traffic is better!). When we got inside, we found out that there were absolutely no car parks left.

It turns out there was a special event or a club day or something and the place was full of 50's American cars. We got refund and left... nice place though.
Old 29-03-2007, 01:31 PM   #37
Quasi
Boss 290 BA GT Goodness

That would have been the 50s/60s night. they have them a few times a year from what I've seen on here and thier website(the link I supplied above).

It also actually states on thier site "If you don't like crowds come during the week".
The Toy - 03 BA GT In 'Venom', Silver BF Stripe Kit, Non-Premium Sound, Cloth Trim, Auto, 19" Staggered Vertini, Custom Exhaust, Roof DVD

Member of the FPV & XR Owners Club of ACT

Web Links To Check Out

Shannons Club Garage

Facebook Photo Albums
Quasi is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-03-2007, 01:41 PM   #38
Bitmap

The drive-ins are great. Much better value than the cinemas as you get 2 movies. My wife and I go to the drive-in heaps. I can only remember once we have been to a cinema.
Bitmap is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-03-2007, 01:49 PM   #39
TheSneakiness
Adapt or perish...

Last time I went out to Yatala Drive In, was a weekend during school holidays and it was absolutely packed. Parked in the driveway off to the side for the first movie, and moved when 3/4 of the cars left before the second one...
Old 29-03-2007, 02:26 PM   #40
4.9 EF Futura
Official AFF conservative

One of my best memories was going to the Pt Elliot drive ins, down near Victor Harbour here in SA.

Midsummer night in coastal town of SA, what an atmosphere.

I assume that facility is no longer there?
Old 29-03-2007, 05:42 PM   #41
XR06T
13.96 @ 101.65

i have never been but i rekon it would be something different!!

are they any in wa bar the one in busselton? last time i was down there was keen to go but they werent showing any movies that night :
Old 29-03-2007, 10:01 PM   #42
farah9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitmap
The drive-ins are great. Much better value than the cinemas as you get 2 movies. My wife and I go to the drive-in heaps. I can only remember once we have been to a cinema.
Only problem is they usually put the 2 movies I want to see on on opposite fields . Still a great night out though, I used to go to the drive-in at parklea as a kid, The one at blacktown has had some upgrades in the last few years.
farah9 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-03-2007, 11:55 PM   #43
Blue Oval Mopar Man
Has Blue Blood

I used to go all the time when I was living in cairns, then when I was living in Melbourne , I used to go to the maribynong (Not sure how to spell it ) twin drive-in at least once a week ! Was an awsome place to meet people ,check out some nice cars , go cuising after the movies, meet chickies , all that stuff ! They even had a drive-in in Paraburdoo western Australia which was always a good break from the pub ! Wish I had a bit of spare money, Id open one up here in Darwintown !

I'm not arrogent , Just superior
Blue Oval Mopar Man is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-03-2007, 08:20 AM   #44
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by farah9
Only problem is they usually put the 2 movies I want to see on on opposite fields . Still a great night out though, I used to go to the drive-in at parklea as a kid, The one at blacktown has had some upgrades in the last few years.

Is that where the markets are now ... as that looks like it used to be an old drive-in lot.

I remember the old one that was at Narellan Vale ... I think it was called the Gayline Drive-in ... all housing now ... I remember going past it all the time as a kid
Mechan1k is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-03-2007, 09:24 AM   #45
GXL078
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechan1k
Is that where the markets are now ... as that looks like it used to be an old drive-in lot.
It still IS a drive in. They just have 'markets" (trash and treasure??) there on Sundays, not that I've been, but a friend of the wife has got some 'bargains', so I'm told, LOL
Ignore me, I thought he meant Blacktown drive in/ markets. Now I read the whole post and see 'Parklea' I know what he is talking about. Before my time but I have seen it in old street directories.
GXL078 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-03-2007, 09:41 AM   #46
Charliewool
Bolt Nerd
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Oval Mopar Man
I used to go all the time when I was living in cairns, then when I was living in Melbourne , I used to go to the maribynong (Not sure how to spell it ) twin drive-in at least once a week ! Was an awsome place to meet people ,check out some nice cars , go cuising after the movies, meet chickies , all that stuff ! They even had a drive-in in Paraburdoo western Australia which was always a good break from the pub ! Wish I had a bit of spare money, Id open one up here in Darwintown !
I spent some fantastic times at the old Sunset drive-in at Maribyrnong..
1st movie, I think I saw there was "The Hustler" with my dad in his towtruck.. It would have been early 60's?
I was always led to believe Maribyrnong's drive-in was the 1st ever opened in Australia... Apparently, it was actually Burwood by 12 months or so!
Great site here on drive-ins in Aust..
http://www.drive-insdownunder.com.au/
2 wheels.. 2015 103ci HD Wideglide.. SOLD
SOLD THE LOT, Voted with our feet and relocated to COSTA RICA for some Pura Vida!
(Ex Blood Orange #023 FPV Pursuit owner : )
Charliewool is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-03-2007, 09:54 AM   #47
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

I haven't seen that site in ages.

It's a great site ... i found the townhouse village I lived in for a while used to be a drive-in at Dundas NSW .... that was interesting to know as well.
Mechan1k is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-03-2007, 10:08 AM   #48
dannyxm
was danny888

Few years ago Street Machine mag held a Mad Max 1 / 2 night at the Bass Hill (NSW) drive in. That was a great night, very well done and a lot of very nice cars turned up.
dannyxm is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-03-2007, 01:31 PM   #49
Bill_R
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

It's good to see drive-ins have resurfaced. I remember going to one in Newcastle called "Skyline". it's a housing estate now. That's the problem - prime land that gets sold at a profit as suburbia sprawls(same thing happens with golf courses). Those that are alive now are a bit far out but well worth it.
Looking forward to a trip to the one at Yatala after reading this thread. About 100 km for me but that's cool.
Bill_R is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-03-2007, 05:21 PM   #50
WOLF
Track Red XY

Quote:
Originally Posted by charliewool
I spent some fantastic times at the old Sunset drive-in at Maribyrnong..
1st movie, I think I saw there was "The Hustler" with my dad in his towtruck.. It would have been early 60's?
I was always led to believe Maribyrnong's drive-in was the 1st ever opened in Australia... Apparently, it was actually Burwood by 12 months or so!
Great site here on drive-ins in Aust..
http://www.drive-insdownunder.com.au/
the old maribyronong...geez your goin back a few years there! yes some good times indeed
WOLF is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-03-2007, 05:34 PM   #51
Sourbastard
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by montyv8
I live 10mins drive from the one Sourbastard referred to
certainly is a good night out (depending on the film lol), its great being able to talk etc during the movie.
will have to organise another drive-in night soon me thinks
Sounds like the Go Phil. Maybe we might organize an event for it.

1965 XP Falcon Deluxe Sedan
1978 XC Falcon Wagon Rallypack
2003 BA Fairlane G220

Windsor Powah!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m7hT9dxD2hM

Sourbastard is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-03-2007, 09:24 PM   #52
naughtyfalcon
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

ah yea,,the blacktown one has memories,,can't be written here,,but words are not needed..might go back one night when i am down there.
Old 31-03-2007, 07:37 PM   #53
Hitman
Way over here

I go to the Lunar in Dandenong pretty often. Can't stand the people that leave their headlights on though!
Hitman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-03-2007, 11:58 PM   #54
WizBang
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

we went to the one in Perth the other week in the panel van and forgot how cheap it is and how much fun it was too ....so we will have to go more times for sure
WizBang is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post