Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 21-05-2011, 11:19 PM   #31
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Default Re: Any news on FG2?

I've seen an XR ute with the front covered up around PD, so their out there.

Supposed to be new front and rear bumpers, interior trim etc.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-05-2011, 12:42 AM   #32
Bobman
Regulator

Looking forward to the FG2, but hope they retire some colours and bring in a new red as well as black colour.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adamz Ghia
From memory, the excise was to be 12.5 cents. LPG is currently 59.9 cents in Geelong, so when it kicks in it will be 72.4 cents. Petrol is currently $1.36.9 a litre. Still works out well.
"The tax on LPG will begin at 2.5 cents a litre at the start of July 2011, and rise to 12.5 cents by 2015."

Current Cars:
2000 AU2 Fairmont (2019-current)
2003 BA1 Falcon Divvy Van (2017-current)
2009 VW Mk6 Golf 118TSi (2020-current)
Previous Cars:
2003 MCX10R Avalon VXi (2017-2020)
1995 EF1 Falcon GLi (2016-2019)
1997 XH2 Falcon Van OPT20 (2016-2019)
2006 BF Fairlane Ghia (2013-2018)
2001 AU3 Futura (2010-2013)
1996 EL Fairmont (2008-2010)
2004 BA XR6 (2005-2008)
2001 AU2 Forte (2005-2006)
1988 EA Fairmont Ghia (2003-2005)
1984 AR Telstar TX5 Ghia (2001-2005)
Bobman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-05-2011, 04:15 AM   #33
nasss92

you do make a fair point dan , the reason i mentioned those changes though is i suspect them to be a fairly easy and feasible option to do. little R&D required for some noticeable gain, which would comprise a clear advantage on statistic boards for market analysis of the various falcon platforms against its market competitors. And with respect to the average simpleton car buyer (which comprise the majority of the market), key mainstream statistical facts (ie. power outputs, mixed cycle economy, weight , braking distances etc) help play in favor of ford... its important out of shear ease, personally i dnt think achieving the best figures from the above would be hard (and quiet feasible at that with already loads of research on the vehicles potential and drawbacks documented) given the potential of the current setups across the range

thats not negating however ur statement on build quality, the only issue with build quality is it takes time to come to a conclusion.. people will always wait longer and longer after a vehicle launch to see what issues come up if its only a marginally better product (at first glance), ford needs a product that ISNT going to give buyers another choice but to buy fg II .. it needs to make people say i want one now, no more waiting (let the excitement factor override logic, after all isnt that half the fun/influencing factor whilst buying a new car).. if it stands above every vehicle in the market on paper, people will talk, people will drive and people will buy .. throw in some electronic gizmos in the center console for some oooh aaaah new computer toy crap (performance data/ entertainment system) to impress the masses and the car will sell
if the cars are selling well, the people at the dealerships will be overjoyed and im sure service quality will subsequently improve.. that enthusiasm will trickle its way through the system and watch multiple processes improve

and after all its a ford falcon.. people know that it can last, if its good for taxis for +500,000 kms , it can handle the average family/worker abuse. the fg is a proven series, when discussed individually and against its market competitors.

fact of the matter is ford needs to sell.. and they need to sell now.. the points you mentioned are important, but selling cars hasnt always meant the best quality car sells the highest quantity.. i mean for christ sake, holdens are still being sold somehow, and at great numbers too... fords always been a quality vehicle from an engineering point of view, and i dnt expect that to change. i think its time though, the company starts to take out the headlines "most powerful , most efficient, most economical (lilpg can have that covered), most exciting vehicle in its class(es)", "leading performance" etc etc .. give people the bragging rights that cant be disputed , not just the "when you take into account this factor this factor and this factor ford produces comparatively the better product than all the other car makers" (god knows the amount of people with ego's the size of planets is ridiculous, take advantage of that ford damnit! )
nasss92 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-05-2011, 12:33 PM   #34
Flat Top
lid man

maybe oct parts which means Jan launch i think
Flat Top is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-05-2011, 12:45 PM   #35
Road_Warrior
Pity the fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flat Top
maybe oct parts which means Jan launch i think
For Ecoboost, yeah. If they wait until then to release FGII then they may as well not even bother.

1970 XW Falcon GT replica | 1970 XW Falcon | 1971 XY Fairmont | 1973 ZG Fairlane | 1986 XF Falcon panel van | 1987 XFII Falcon S-Pack | 1988 XF Falcon GLS ute | 1993 EBII Fairmont V8 | 1996 XG Falcon ute | 2000 AU Falcon wagon | 2004 BA Falcon XT | 2012 SZ Territory Titanium AWD

Proud to buy Australian and support Ford Australia through thick and thin
Road_Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-05-2011, 01:21 PM   #36
Blue Blooded

Any idea if the FPV range will debut the Series 2 at the same time?
Blue Blooded is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-05-2011, 10:08 PM   #37
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmorris
Make sure to always factor in how much LPG it takes to go the same distance on petrol when comparing. I think its 2/3s or a figure close to that.
This new system is meant to use about 2l/100k more then the petrol...its also nice that it will have more power and torque.
Old 22-05-2011, 10:50 PM   #38
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Blooded
Any idea if the FPV range will debut the Series 2 at the same time?
The FPV range is usually launched 1 to 2 months after the Ford range.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post