Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 07-06-2006, 07:09 PM   #31
brodfloyd
Hmmmm

does a radar gun work on a horse?
cos a good thoroughbred can gallop at 60kmph and it would only trample children and pedestrians a lil bit
brodfloyd is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-06-2006, 07:58 PM   #32
TURBOTAXI
Turbo Falcon Fiend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueRaven
Don't you people get it?? If you reduce the speed limit 30km/h, you'll almost halve the amount of accidents!!

If the highway is reduced to 50km/h, well have half the road deaths!

What a great idea!!
To qoute Homer Simpson " But millions will be late"....

I actually think this only applied to one council area in Sydney. Remember Local roads are the responsibility of council.

Too many turbo toys......
2009 FG F6 Nitro LPI LPG 290rwkw on LPG.
2005 BAMKII XR6 Turbo with LPG (ex HWP 255,000k's and counting)
Honda 2001 CR500E Road registered CR500
Honda 1985 CR500 (the one with the arm ripping power)
DT200r regoed Hack
Yamaha IT/YZ 465 Vinduro rocket
Imported IT465 and 490 back up bikes
VF1000R mid 80's racer built by HMR
Honda CR480 Air cooled project road cafe racer.
T88 Turbo XT Falcon project with 351 Cleveland (mothballed)
Plus the rest.

TURBOTAXI is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-06-2006, 08:13 PM   #33
HOON69
Banned

like it'd work
30kmh your push bike goes faster :
so does a pushy with a motor on it :
so does some of your granny elec wheel chairs :

yep 30kmh is way to fast i say lets go back to horse n carts ay :P
HOON69 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-06-2006, 08:19 PM   #34
Lukeyson
Right out sideways

stupid hashfield
Old 08-06-2006, 04:18 AM   #35
Black XR6
Formerly Black EX-R6

The article in the paper made it sound like it was more than just one council, of course it wouldnt be like the paper to adjust a story would it?

Stinking, mongrel, dog.
Black XR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-06-2006, 09:14 AM   #36
merlin
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

So I guess they have considered the effect a 30km/h limit will have on fuel consumption and emissions?
1966 Ford Mustang coupe. 347 stroker, PA reverse manual C4, TCE high stall converter, B&M Pro Ratchet, Edelbrock alum heads, Edelbrock intake manifold, MSD ignition, Holley Street HP 750 CFM carb, gilmer drive, wrapped Hooker Super Comp Headers, dual 3" straight through exhaust, Bilstein shocks, custom springs, full poly suspension, American Racing rims, Open Tracker roller spring saddles and shelby drop.

Still to go - Holley Sniper EFI with integrated fuel cell.
merlin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-06-2006, 09:48 AM   #37
AWD Chaser
Formally Kia Chaser

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Over the same length of distance would a car emit more emissions getting from a-b doing 60kph or 30kph?

HSV Clubsport R8 VY (2003)
Black, 6sp Manual, Coulson Seats, Red on black interior, Pacemaker extractors, Twin 2.5" exhaust, Custom Red 20" VE GTS Rims, Custom Red Stitching
AWD Chaser is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-06-2006, 10:16 AM   #38
BA_Turbs
Allan Smithee

If this comes in down here in Victoria I'm selling the turbo and getting a Prius.
BA_Turbs is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-06-2006, 10:51 AM   #39
Keepleft
Mot Adv-NSW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black XR6
The article in the paper made it sound like it was more than just one council, of course it wouldnt be like the paper to adjust a story would it?
Few read and comprehend preceding posts: See the very bottom of this post for the answer as to its origin and NSW outcome:
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showpos...5&postcount=22
Keepleft is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-06-2006, 11:01 AM   #40
merlin
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by au3 chaser
Over the same length of distance would a car emit more emissions getting from a-b doing 60kph or 30kph?
Well I know that in either car or bike I can sit on 60 in 5th gear with minimal revs. 30km/h is a 1st or 2nd gear affair.
1966 Ford Mustang coupe. 347 stroker, PA reverse manual C4, TCE high stall converter, B&M Pro Ratchet, Edelbrock alum heads, Edelbrock intake manifold, MSD ignition, Holley Street HP 750 CFM carb, gilmer drive, wrapped Hooker Super Comp Headers, dual 3" straight through exhaust, Bilstein shocks, custom springs, full poly suspension, American Racing rims, Open Tracker roller spring saddles and shelby drop.

Still to go - Holley Sniper EFI with integrated fuel cell.
merlin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-06-2006, 01:25 PM   #41
deesun
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by TURBOTAXI
I actually think this only applied to one council area in Sydney. Remember Local roads are the responsibility of council.
Yes but the RTA has the final say on speeds and controls ie speed humps,calming devices etc. Rhosendahl says he's not impressed with the 30k limit (thank god). Recently the RTA with NO consultation with our local council reduced the speed limit on three or four of our major arteries through our town. The council now has to spend time and money begging the RTA to rerate those roads back to 60 in the hope they see some sense. There was absolutely NO reason to lower the speeds on these main thoroughfares.
Old 08-06-2006, 01:47 PM   #42
gozza

Pedestrian Education I Say
It will give them more complacentcy then the average pedestrian already has
gozza is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-06-2006, 02:14 PM   #43
sam12h
Runnin C3H8 & C4H10

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzJavelin
I drive down two permanent 40km/h suburban streets on my way to work each morning (both near schools). It is very hard to actually drive at 40km/h. From a rolling start my SV8 seems to idle faster than this in top gear. I need to pull it back a few gears to slow it down to 40!!

BTW: I am usually the *ONLY* persons doing 40km/h in these zones each morning .. all the other people doing 60km/h+ are the local residents of these areas. I see them pull out of the driveways and sidestreets. If I hit one of their kids doing 60km in that street I'd be declared a maniac and menace, but they think it's OK for them to "speed"(??) ..
You need to apply for an "exemption" :
I need one so I can do 75kph all the way up the Great Western Highway in The Blue Mountains (it has 40, 60 & 80 zones), especially that double lane 60kph section near my house in Faulconbridge where 9 out of every 10 cars is 1.5 carlengths behind the one in front, all doin well over 60kph & it is no different at the public school. Everyone behind me is trying to push the go pedal for me.

Seriously, what is the point of changing the rules when the current ones would be fine, if only they were policed properly :
sam12h is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-06-2006, 02:45 PM   #44
Aussie Falcon
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I think they need to start fining people who jaywalk across Liverpool Rd Ashfield. It's amazing the number of people I see dashing across the road in front of Ashfield mall. I aways have my horn ready when I'm in that area.
Aussie Falcon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-06-2006, 05:38 PM   #45
janek
Ripping it up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie Falcon
I think they need to start fining people who jaywalk across Liverpool Rd Ashfield. It's amazing the number of people I see dashing across the road in front of Ashfield mall. I aways have my horn ready when I'm in that area.
OMG spot on.

and the pricks that open their doors when they park without a care in the world!!!
janek is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-06-2006, 06:01 PM   #46
ltd
Force Fed Fords

I think we need to allow nature to take its course.

I mean, in an overpopulated world should we protect the completely stupid and hapless? Aren't we altering the future by allowing these things to happen?

If you're too drunk, lazy, selfish, unfocussed or downright stupid and you walk in front of a car, then you should suffer the consequences. Educate the pedestrians and put some police on the roads patrolling rather than hiding with a radar gun and watch what happens to the roadtoll. Some of those people in Ashfield deserve a bull bar to wake them up.

Quote: