Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 02-02-2007, 01:08 PM   #31
Brent
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by EF, What else?
Is it really just a 'minority' but? I was watching ten news last night, when it was being reported, and the clip they showed sure wasn't flattering. I'd estimate 40% of people were throwing garbage in the air, not just a couple of 'trouble-makers'
If we take this as a sample cross section of society, that stat probably speaks volumes really..............
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-02-2007, 05:42 PM   #32
Redrum
Force Fed Fords

Quote:
Originally Posted by bArNsY
People sit in and around bay 13 so when the cricket gets boring you can always rely on the yobbos to keep everybody entertained.
If you sit in bay 13 you are accepting, stuff getting thrown in the air, offensive language, and provocative remarks towards the other sex!
Bay 13 behaviour is almost a tradition at the cricket!
I know I will be sitting in or around bay 13! : : :sm_headba
Maybe we should have a fenced off section for those yobbos. I can tell you for a fact, that not all people sitting in bay 13 were there for the idiotic behavior. Do you enjoy being hit in the face by thrown objects and having beer thrown all over you? This sort of drunken behavior is not acceptable in any public environment. I think police numbers should be doubled and those thrown out for offences should be banned from the MCG for life on top of a hefty fine. I, having worked in bay 13, would like the MCG made as a dry zone for one day cricket matches.
Old 02-02-2007, 05:57 PM   #33
bArNsY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I agree, I don't think it is acceptable that beer and other objects are intentionally thrown at people, and I am quite sure the police will not tolerate any shenanigans at the game on Sunday.

I read today in the Herald Sun p9 that a $200odd on the spot fine will be issued to anyone caught throwing stuff as well as being ejected, as will people found instigating the Mexican wave, yet they will keep the same police numbers!?

I believe Cricket Australia want all spectators to go to the game and enjoy it with friends or family without to travel home with some unknown substance on your shirt, whether your sitting in Bay 13 or not.

Like everyone says it only only takes a few to spoil it for the rest!
2004 BA MkII XR6 Turbo

2009 G6E Turbo (277.2rwkw @ Tuned at Bullet Performance Racing)
2007 Audi S5 4.2L V8 manual (Supersprint exhaust, MMI 3G+ retrofit)

The New: 2015 SZ MkII Territory Titanium Petrol RWD (With Sync 3 Upgrade)

Other Road Toys

Silver Surfer
2014 S-Works Roubaix SL4 road bike with Roval Rapide CLX 40 wheelset

The Adventurer!
2023 TREK Domane SL 7 AXS Gen 4
bArNsY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-02-2007, 03:38 PM   #34
bArNsY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

:"YOU CAN'T STOP THE WAVE, YOU CAN'T STOP THE WAVE" : this was screamed by thousands with a few daring to point there fingers inches from the faces of police while shouting the chant! Well it happened the mexican wave that is, 7-8 times, the first one of the match the best!

One thing I didn't understand that people were getting kicked out for skulling beers with the crowd behind them screaming skull skull skull, I wasn't aware that you are not allowed to skull beers at the cricket!

This was the first time I have ever been to a day-nighter and will definitely will be going to another, great match and great entertainment. :
2004 BA MkII XR6 Turbo

Other Road Toys

Silver Surfer

The Adventurer!
Old 05-02-2007, 04:05 PM   #35
merlin
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The people that whinge should either stay at home or not be such a tightwad and fork out for a ticket in the stands away from the bays. I hope the crowd numbers dwindle and then they will realise how crap all these new regs are and that they are killing the popularity of the game.
1966 Ford Mustang coupe. 347 stroker, PA reverse manual C4, TCE high stall converter, B&M Pro Ratchet, Edelbrock alum heads, Edelbrock intake manifold, MSD ignition, Holley Street HP 750 CFM carb, gilmer drive, wrapped Hooker Super Comp Headers, dual 3" straight through exhaust, Bilstein shocks, custom springs, full poly suspension, American Racing rims, Open Tracker roller spring saddles and shelby drop.

Still to go - Holley Sniper EFI with integrated fuel cell.
merlin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-02-2007, 04:53 PM   #36
uranium_death
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by merlin
The people that whinge should either stay at home or not be such a tightwad and fork out for a ticket in the stands away from the bays. I hope the crowd numbers dwindle and then they will realise how crap all these new regs are and that they are killing the popularity of the game.
I think you're missing the game.

People don't say, "I'm off to the MCG or SCG to watch/join in the Mexican wave tonight."

People say, "I'm off to see Australia play X".

I agree with the banning of the wave. It isn't the wave itself that is the problem...it's those immature tryhards in Bay 13 who want to appear to be cool and make their crappy superficial friends. Fact is that most people think Bay 13'ers are morons and if they want to act like tools, they should stay home and make a mess there.

For me, I'll enjoy the sport. That's what I pay to see.
uranium_death is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-02-2007, 05:03 PM   #37
TUF514
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRchic
I think the reason it was talking about being banned was as mentioned above, the rubbish etc, that gets thrown into the air. My parents went, and got drowned in beer and all kinds of soft drink and food every time the wave went up...

Other than that, I cant see that there would be any problem.
who gives a **** about a plastic cup and some beer?

for christs sake, when did this country become over run with whingers?
TUF514 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-02-2007, 05:15 PM   #38
Dazza XLT
Back in a Ford

Quote:
Originally Posted by TUF514
who gives a **** about a plastic cup and some beer?
Would you give a **** about a plastic cup and some Urine? :

I'm sure spectators did the Mexican Wave in the early days without the need to throw crap in the air.

What's changed ???
Old 05-02-2007, 05:16 PM   #39
merlin
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by uranium_death
I think you're missing the game.

People don't say, "I'm off to the MCG or SCG to watch/join in the Mexican wave tonight."

People say, "I'm off to see Australia play X".
Yeah but if I want to see the game properly I stay at home and watch it on the big screen and have every single camera angle available, with replays and stats out my ears - and yes I love that too.

But if I fork out money to go to the ground I do it for the atmosphere - you cant see much from the stands so your wasting your money if your just going to watch every ball.
1966 Ford Mustang coupe. 347 stroker, PA reverse manual C4, TCE high stall converter, B&M Pro Ratchet, Edelbrock alum heads, Edelbrock intake manifold, MSD ignition, Holley Street HP 750 CFM carb, gilmer drive, wrapped Hooker Super Comp Headers, dual 3" straight through exhaust, Bilstein shocks, custom springs, full poly suspension, American Racing rims, Open Tracker roller spring saddles and shelby drop.

Still to go - Holley Sniper EFI with integrated fuel cell.
merlin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-02-2007, 05:46 PM   #40
TUF514
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darran
Would you give a **** about a plastic cup and some Urine? :
urine? i dont want to know about your fetish. lmao.

who does that anyway? i doubt anyone could tell what it was.

i have kids and have had worse than that on me! :
TUF514 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-02-2007, 05:51 PM   #41
Dazza XLT
Back in a Ford

Quote:
Originally Posted by TUF514
urine? i dont want to know about your fetish. lmao.

who does that anyway? i doubt anyone could tell what it was.

i have kids and have had worse than that on me! :
I'll pay that one! :
It was reported that there were cups of urine being thrown up during the mexican wave.
Could have been BS, who knows.
Old 06-02-2007, 04:06 AM   #42
pHaT`eL
Banned

It was probably that Osama Bin Laden guy! I agree with Merlin, when you go to an event, its all about the atmosphere. I find the Yobbos entertaining for there behavior.
Happens everywhere, if you dont like it, move somewhere else.
pHaT`eL is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-02-2007, 12:13 PM   #43
Walkinshaw
Two > One

Better ban the wave, because people throw things
Better ban driving, because people speed.
Better ban football, because people spout foul language.

Really, the wave (and the sections who see fit to throw cups in the air) has been going on for as long as I've been going to games (15yrs). I wonder whats caused the sudden change of heart......

Walkinshaw is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-02-2007, 12:52 PM   #44
rigs
village idiot

I was at the game - There were acres of seats away from the sections of crowd that were ripping into it and enjoying themselves.
If you wanted a quiet family day, there was ample seating available for general concession where people were happy to to be seated and take it easy.
The police copped it for enforcing the rules, and the rules were made to look rediculous by everyone going out of their way to flaunting them anyway.
rigs is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-02-2007, 01:15 PM   #45
bArNsY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

hahaha did you see when the crowd started chanting to the female cop to get her boobs out after she popped a beachball? all the other coppers were laughing to! LMAO
2004 BA MkII XR6 Turbo

Other Road Toys

Silver Surfer

The Adventurer!
Old 06-02-2007, 02:16 PM   #46
Hawk
I am The Brain!

The Mexican Wave can be an extremely annoying thing to be a part of when people are throwing things around. Not to mention the fact that it can be dangerous when people are throwing things. Of course it is hard to stop the mexican wave, but the main point in banning it is to try to stop the idiots throwing crap into the air.

FWIW I think it should be allowed, but anyone who throws something needs to be ejected.

Woohoo 1.6L 1999 Toyota Corolla....feel the power!

I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you heard is not what I meant.
Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-02-2007, 02:26 PM   #47
LTDHO
The one and only

The wave is good, keep it.

It's the F'wits that throw bottles into the air that wreck it for everyone.
Other cars include Dynamic ED Sprint, Dynamic DL LTD, Sparkling Burgundy DL LTD, Yellow, Red & Blue XB sedan & Black XB Coupe
LTDHO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-02-2007, 09:07 PM   #48
T_Terror
The Guy You Love To Hate

I really couldnt care less since i dont go to the cricket or other events at venues like the .

But I was listening to the radio the other day and had to go WTF!
The police and MCC were threatening to throw out instigators of the mexican wave and how they would have extra police, crowd spotters and recorded CCTV monitoring for people trying to get a wave going.

WELL WHY THE ****** DIDNT THEY USE THAT TO CATCH THE PEOPLE THROWING CRAP INTO THE AIR IN THE FIRST PLACE!?!?!?!
T_Terror is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post