Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-05-2011, 01:19 PM   #31
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

Default Re: Scrap The Overtime Boys !!!!!

Thats a pretty simplistic view Trev, life is not that simple as you should know that. I agree, I made the choice to have children, I never asked for any benefits but if they are available I would be doing a disservice to myself not taking them.

I think you may be confusing those groups who accept welfare and never look at progressing themselves, this is the major problem although I believe they made changed to youth allowance and the dole so try and sort this.

There is no golden bullet though.

How would you expect a full time student to pay $12k per year (thats my course) on top of everything else just for uni free's?

My books for just one semester where $400..LOL

Im not having my parents pay my bills thanks, ill pay HECS back when I start working, but having the system like the US is not cool, look at those kids with massive student loans etc.

The Government will make there money back and then some off me once I start working. Unless of course I work overseas..

Just for interests sakes, do you have kids? Just so you know we pay $220 per week for child care, and thats only 2 days per week. I never asked for the rebate but again, ill take it and use it to pay for more child care.
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Old 11-05-2011, 01:22 PM   #32
gtfpv
GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtxb67
agree totally - my wife and i do not have kids (basically we cannot afford them) and at times, it seems we get penalised for not having any - it is a bit annoying
thats sad mate . have them anyway , you'll probably get penalised for having them , but the pensioners will get free upgrades for digital tele, those who never contributed to super that is , ohh wait, those who did contribute to super, such as the self funded retirees , with 500k cash , and a family home , who also receive the pension , will get it too . along with thier $1 prescriptions, subsidised rego , free public transpot . etc etc , ohh my old man just got 4k worth of dental work for free , even though he has plenty of money , and isa on the pension , i on the other hand with my high income , got my tooth pulled , because the $1800 repair bill , of which my 22 year old health cover provider at $60 pw week after the 30% rebate would only pay $230 towards the $1800 ,
so i got it pulled for $60 . my wifes gran a pensioner on housing commision all her life , has a car , and plenty of food in the house , and healthcare , is doing it tough . but me i go to work so i can pay for evrything i own and hopefully maintian the lifestyle , and be able to update cars , and take holidays etc . due to better past times , and now a low debt , i might just have to cut back a bit . because i am rich . but others well they seem to be living better than me on 1/2 the money . go figure .
Old 11-05-2011, 01:29 PM   #33
SB076
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I am dissapointed the cut funding for the military, if as a nation we are going to send soliders overseas than we need to be able to provide them with the best equipment we can.

I think unfortunately the government interfere with too many things (think first home buers grant, home insulation scheme, and many many more) We may think it helps us, but in general it costs us more, than there are the administration costs of such schemes, basically we get a poor return for our taxes.

Government should focus on the basics, infrastructure, health, defense etc.

with Sunroof and tinted windows
with out all the go fast bits I actually need :

Last edited by SB076; 11-05-2011 at 01:45 PM.
Old 11-05-2011, 01:39 PM   #34
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnz
food $50 pw
electricity $30 pw
phone $30 pw
fuel $41 pw (600k's)
just over a 100k pa wage

you need to economise

(no credit cards just property/counsel tax)
$50 pw food....you must eat around mums a lot.....
Old 11-05-2011, 01:48 PM   #35
glavas

just save i only earn 120k a year and my wife dosent work but i save hard and thats how i live nicely. my grandson earns 400 a day on a drill rig with no experience so a good job is not hard to find.
Old 11-05-2011, 02:18 PM   #36
Ducati888
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcnews
Scrap all middle class welfare, refunds, rebates, family payments, family tax concessions. negative gearing, family trusts etc. Easy.

All these crying poor on 100k that need all these middle class welfare handouts, pioneered and entrenched by Howard, and now continued by Labor, should be made to line up in front of Centrelink to get their payments, not receive them in their bank account. All these types of welfare should be shameful. The indoctrination of it being okay to be on welfare and in receipt of government handouts makes me want to puke.

Mate, I think you are in need of a history lesson. Particularly around negative gearing, which was introduced by Hawke & Keating.
Old 11-05-2011, 02:36 PM   #37
Mk II

I'm currently earning about $630 a day and paying a normal average wage in tax a week, but I dont complain, ever. I'm one of the lucky ones.
Old 11-05-2011, 02:42 PM   #38
b2tf
not here much anymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by 302 XC
150 K a year
All this whinging no government handout
Seriously are you guys for real

Ya need a floggin with a reality stick

Theres pensioners,both old age and disability on a coupla hundred a week
They survive

Ya dont need that 550k house , ya want it , ya dont need it
Ya dont need that new GT or 4x4
They are wants,not needs

Now some will argue, yeah
New cars to travel to and from work (Gee i racked up 70,000Ks in 9 months)
So been there
But ya dont need that 70K car, a 20K will do
ya dont need that 6 bedda, 4 bathroom waterfront house
Or the 40 Foot boat either

Wants not needs
I can't help but agree. I'm all for an honest days pay for an honest day's work but quite often the people who whinge the loudest are the ones who really dont have that much to lose either way.
Old 11-05-2011, 03:08 PM   #39
Ben73
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I think 150K combined is not much in Sydney or somewhere like that.
But somewhere cheaper it is not too bad.

150K combined is still middle class either way.
Old 11-05-2011, 03:21 PM   #40
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by b2tf
I can't help but agree. I'm all for an honest days pay for an honest day's work but quite often the people who whinge the loudest are the ones who really dont have that much to lose either way.
They whinge because they pay stupid amounts of tax and they never see anything back from it.

Maybe they shouldn't get any benefits but if that's the case they should pay the same amount of tax as others.

You can't expect people to pay $30 or,40 or 50k+ in tax and be happy with this arrangement then have "working families" demand they pay more.
Old 11-05-2011, 04:12 PM   #41
ltd
Force Fed Fords

Wayne Swan has made up my mind for me, and I'm soon going to be USA based. This country has become a joke and to think, next year you'll have a carbon tax. Honestly, no one would have thought the country would go from being so prosperous to such a basket case in such a small amount of time. Atleast in the USA, housing is really cheap. Check this out for an ideal place to live http://www.montana-ranches.com/chimneyranch.html

Quote: