Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Ford Car Clubs > ORSM Ford Cruise Car Club

ORSM Ford Cruise Car Club The one and only place for the ORSM Ford Cruise Car Club members Forums

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 30-06-2005, 06:39 PM   #1
XRchic
Hello

Default Introductory BBQ at my place for ORSM Ford Cruises SA Chapter EOI

Hi everyone

It appears that I will be the organiser of the SA ORSM Ford Cruise Club. Pete and I have been discussing how we would get things started and there was the idea of one of us having a BBQ, where we could all meet and discuss it all.

Anyway, we have decided that we will have an introductory BBQ for this purpose and we are hoping as many people as possible from SA will attend as I think this club could be a really good thing! There are charity events for sick kids and various rund raising events that we could all be involved in, as well as plenty of good cruising, meeting up with the Victorian guys and possibly others as well. Some of the ideas so far include:

- Charity event with all members giving a ride to some sick kids through Lobethal at Christmas to see the famous Lobethal Lights

- Cruise to meet up with the Vic ORSM Club in Halls Gap in the Grampians for a weekend, or any other spot we would like to choose

- Heathcote weekends planned, where we cruise over as a club for this event for the weekend

- any other events we can come up with!

In any case, we can discuss all of these things at the BBQ. Details as follows:

Venue: XRchic and Cobra PARTY HOUSE (tm) at 5 Mitton Court, Mountain Glen Estate, Mount Barker (directions below).

Date: Sunday 24th July (open to negotiation - I only picked Sunday on account of us having Saturday's full with kids'sports, shopping etc) - input welcome.

Time: 1.00pm (this is also open to negotiation - whether a lunch to dinner thing, or a late arvo thing extending beyond dinner) - input welcome.

Bring: BYO drinks/grog and also own chair (we only have a few).

We will provide BBQ meat (and slabos (tm) for Chris), salads, munchies, desserts etc for everyone. If anyone has any special requests for food, let me know in advance.

OK, so if you would like to come along to the first ORSM Ford Cruises Club meeting for SA, have a pig out on the BBQ and a few drinks, then let me know. Stick your name on the list below and please include partners and/or children (I will get kids food too). Whatever date we end up with for this, it would be nice to have the list settled a week before the date, so I can organise the correct amount of food.

Also, we have a fairly large rear yard, with good undercover area and a decent BBQ. So no one will get rained on!

Directions:

- turn off Mt Barker exit off freeway and head through Mt Barker until you come to a large roundabout with the high school on the corner (approximately 1 km from the exit/overpass)

- turn hard left at roundabout (Bald Hills Road)

- follow this road for a few km and you will eventually go around left hand corner and will see Mt Barker Golf Course on the right.

- Entrance to Mountain Glen Estate is directly opposite Mt Barker Golf Course Entrance, not far around left corner mentioned above

- Turn into Mountain Glen Estate entrance

- First turn on your left is Mitton Court (a very quick left, once in the entrance to the estate)

- Our house is number 5, but the road winds around a little before you get to our house - ours is the one next to the Sterling display home, on your left.

If anyone has any trouble or gets lost, they can organise ahead of time to meet us somewhere in Mt Barker, say at the BP and they can follow us, or you can ring us on 0417 869 118 and we can come get you!

OK, well we will start the list:

LIST:

XRchic
Cobra

: Cobra :
XRchic is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post