Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 08-07-2006, 11:14 AM   #31
Laminge
Cuban... nothing like it

Hi Col

Sorry to hear mate, my thoughts are definitely with you and your family.

Nothing will replace "puppy", however there is another little menace out there waiting to chew up the furniture.
Laminge is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-07-2006, 12:37 PM   #32
WASP
Whipple Induced

You guys are all terrific. Thank you so much. The kids appear to be alot better today, but I can't say the same for myself or my wife. I keep looking for her. I got up this morning to let her in the house, just staring at an empty dog kennel. I can't help feeling like I have betrayed her.

I'm not after responses, I know what I have done based on logic, reason and theory, but that doesn't mean anything at the moment. I just want to end this thread with a special note of thanks to every one of you. One thing I don't feel is alone and I have you guys to thanks for that. Your words and stories mean everything to me.

Colville
Old 08-07-2006, 02:37 PM   #33
banarcus
hmm eyebrows

Thats the thing I fear most I guess when its our Nina's turn. Probably the worst thing about having a pet is the fact that they dont live as long as us. Bad luck mate, at least she lived in a very good loving family and enjoyed her years in your lives.
Old 08-07-2006, 03:20 PM   #34
blue fairy
I've become, impossible.

It will take a while to deal with, don't feel badly about missing her. She was a special member of the family.
Your decision would not have been made lightly, and it is obvious that she was a very lucky dog. Muchly loved.
Old 08-07-2006, 09:12 PM   #35
RSgerry
Well hello Mr Fancypants

Really sorry to hear this. I have had to say goodbye to a dog in the past and it was awful. You know you have given her a great life and in turn, obviously had a great deal of enjoyment from her too. As Laminge said, there is another one somewhere out there ready to cause havoc again.
RSgerry is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-07-2006, 02:21 PM   #36
WASP
Whipple Induced

Since Friday when I took Cindy (puppy) to the vet, Meggie our Moggy had not been herself. She spent almost each and every day with Cindy for most of her life. They were best mates. This morning at 4 am I found her having a seizure in the hallway. I rushed her to the hospital, but we lost her shortly after. She was 14 and our dog was 15.

I could give you the scientific explanation of what happened but basically Meggie died of a broken heart. As my daughter says, she was the best cat in while wide world.

Old 11-07-2006, 02:58 PM   #37
MAGPIE
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Oh man, this just gets worse

Just think of the good times you gave them & how happy they were because of that.
MAGPIE is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-07-2006, 03:28 PM   #38
4.9 EF Futura
Official AFF conservative

It is surely much better to have had and then lost than to never have had at all.

Isnt it amazing the impact these critters have on our lives and the difference that they make? Losing meggie is truly kicking a man and his family whilst they are down, i dont think anyone would doubt that losing cindy had something to do with it. I know when i had my 2 dogs (RIP), after one had passed on, the other took a turn for the worst immediately.

It may sound a little trite, but try and take the positives away from this. You had 15 great years with these animals. Your daughter now able to come to terms with the concepts of 'passing on' and can go through this with mum and dad with bucket loads of support.

And perhaps after feeling the lowest of the lows like this... the good times might feel that little bit better?
Old 11-07-2006, 04:13 PM   #39
qwigybo
hunting 300kw's

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDAA
You guys are all terrific. Thank you so much. The kids appear to be alot better today, but I can't say the same for myself or my wife. I keep looking for her. I got up this morning to let her in the house, just staring at an empty dog kennel. I can't help feeling like I have betrayed her.

I'm not after responses, I know what I have done based on logic, reason and theory, but that doesn't mean anything at the moment. I just want to end this thread with a special note of thanks to every one of you. One thing I don't feel is alone and I have you guys to thanks for that. Your words and stories mean everything to me.

Colville
i know what you're going through when we moved up to bendigo dad had to get our dog put down that they'd had since i was born he was so down about it the day after he came home from work and threw the ball and then remembered she wasn't there, after about 4 days mum went and brought another dog for him but sad to say she's about 12 years old now.
good luck to you and your family hopefully when you're over it enough another dog my find it's way into your house/heart
qwigybo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-07-2006, 05:50 PM   #40
RapidTypLady
RapidTypLady

CDAA

I am so sorry to hear of your losses. As all of us have been through the loss I hope that only time will heel all of you. Our babies have been in our lives for so long and you certainly do feel a huge void when they pass on.

Here is the Dogs Prayer which I kept when my baby went to dogs heaven.

Treat me kindly, my beloved master, for no heart in all the world is more grateful for kindness than the loving heart of me. Do not break my spirit with a stick, for though I should lick your hand between the blows, your patience and understanding will more quickly teach me the things you would have me do.

Speak to me often, for your voice is the world's sweetest music, as you must know by the fierce wagging of my tail when your footstep falls upon my waiting ear.

When it is cold and wet, please take me inside, for I am now a domesticated animal, no longer used to bitter elements. And I ask no greater glory than the privilege of sitting at your feet beside the hearth.

Though had you no home, I would rather follow you through ice and snow than rest upon the softest pillow in the warmest home in all the land, for you are my god and I am your devoted worshipper.

Keep my pan filled with fresh water for although I should not reproach you were it dry, I cannot tell you when I suffer thirst. Feed me clean food, that I might stay well, to romp and play and do your bidding, to walk by your side, and stand ready, willing and able to protect you with my life should your life be in danger.

And, beloved master, should the great master see fit to deprive me of my health or sight, do not turn me away from you. Rather hold me gently in your arms as skilled hands grant me the merciful boon of eternal rest --- and I will leave you knowing with the last breath I drew, my fate was ever safest in your hands."

MODS SO FAR

Herrod Zorst, Herrod BOV, Herrod Suresix, Herrod Lowered Springs,
BMC Hi-Flow Filter,

Xtreme High flow cat, Xtreme 4"
dump pipe, Xtreme Ceramic Clutch, Bigger Injectors, Xtreme Edit & Tune

300+rwkw :
RapidTypLady is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-07-2006, 10:38 PM   #41
MO
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

CDAA...so sorry sport.....words are not enough I feel for you and your family.

The more I know ppl the more I love my DOGS.
2011 SY Territory Limited Edition TS
2000 AUII SE ute IL6
MO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-07-2006, 10:54 PM   #42
davocol
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

That is just so damn sad mate, good luck with getting over it. I really dread the day it happens to me, I think I will go and give my dogs a big hug and have a beer for Meggie and Puppy.
Old 13-07-2006, 08:25 AM   #43
Papa Smurf
Donating Member
Donating Member2

CDAA, I feel for you and I am sure that the pain will ease. You had this beautiful friend for a long time and she enriched you and your familie's lives.

I have this wonderful specimen myself.
Papa Smurf is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-05-2008, 07:17 PM   #44
Falcon Coupe
Clevo Mafia Inc.

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF over an extended period of time. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Your tireless efforts behind the scenes in keeping AFF the place it is. 

Colville, i didn't i think i would be in the same situation so soon, my best mate had a seizure today and we had to make the call to put him down, it's heart breaking but we must do what is best.

He was not quite 10 years old.

The hardest part is explaining to a 3 yo why his mate won't be coming home.
RIP Jack old mate.

Last edited by Falcon Coupe; 06-05-2008 at 07:24 PM.
Falcon Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-05-2008, 07:30 PM   #45
WASP
Whipple Induced

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcon Coupe
Colville, i didn't i think i would be in the same situation so soon, my best mate had a seizure today and we had to make the call to put him down, it's heart breaking but we must do what is best.

He was not quite 10 years old.

RIP Jack old mate.
What can I say bud, that's terrible news. Do you know what brought on the seizure? One of the worse things is having to explain it to the kids as I'm sure he will be dearly missed. Even now I still find myself looking for our girl everytime I lift that roller door. My thoughts go out to you and the family.

I while back a good friend shared this with me and I'm not sure if I ever thanked him for it.

Quote:
If it be I grow frail and weak,
and pain should wake me from my sleep,
then you must do what must be done,
for this last battle can't be won.

You will be sad, I understand,
don't let your grief then stay your hand,
for this day, more than the rest,
your love and friendship stand the test.

We've had so many happy years,
what is to come will have no fears;
you'd not want me to suffer...so,
when the time comes...please let me go.

Take me where my needs they'll tend,
but stay with me until the end,
and hold me firm, and speak to me,
until my eyes no longer see.

I know in time, you, too, will see,
it is the kindness you do for me;
although my tail is last waved,
from pain and suffering I've been saved.

Do not grieve that it should be you,
who must decide this thing to do.
We've been so close - we two these years -
don't let your heart hold any tears.

And though our bond can't be broken apart,
make room for another in your home and
your heart.
Colville

Last edited by WASP; 06-05-2008 at 07:36 PM.
WASP is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-05-2008, 07:35 PM   #46
Paxton
Cobblers!

I've been through this too.

I had to end the suffering of my Dog Sooty about a month ago. Reading this thread has started the tears again (christ, I'm a grown man). Falcon Coupe, my thoughts (and tears) are with you and yours tonight. It gets easier, but I haven't had the heart to get rid of a kennel or bowl/water container yet, but that day will have to come.

If you need anything (even though I'm in Sydney), you know where I am.

Andrew.
Roses are red. Violets are blue. OS X rocks. Homage to you.
Paxton is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-05-2008, 07:36 PM   #47
Falcon Coupe
Clevo Mafia Inc.

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF over an extended period of time. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Your tireless efforts behind the scenes in keeping AFF the place it is. 

He has had trouble walking for the last few weeks, they suspect it was a brain tumor.
The seizure lasted 45 mins before the drugs they gave him knocked him out, he may have woken up a vegetable, or not at all, so we decided it best if he stays asleep.

Nick.
Old 06-05-2008, 07:44 PM   #48
Geez Louise
Awesome

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: All the behind the scenes things that help the community. 

That is so sad to hear. Our boy Vito is now nearly 9 and is finding it hard to get up the back steps and the vet thinks it is the start of arthritis. He is not as lively as he once was. Still no one is happier to see us then our Vito.

It is truely going to be a sad day when we have to say goodbye to our boy. He is like our son.

I feel for you and your families. Very very sad indeed.
Old 06-05-2008, 09:04 PM   #49
StAndArdAU
Back in a Blue Oval

My 'puppy' is a beautiful Staffy now at the age of 11, Brandy. She is the best dog i have ever known though mischevious at times, and i dont know what i'd do when her last hoorah comes. i only hope she gets to enjoy 14+ years like your beautiful 'best friends' all have.

This is the first time i have seen this thread and i must admit it brought a tear to my eye... especially peoples tails of how they still expect their puppy to be there when they get home, as i know this is how i will be.
Old 06-05-2008, 09:16 PM   #50
thefargo
black xb
Donating Member3

Likewise, very sorry to hear it Falcon Coupe.
Our 2 yr old daughter adores our dogs (all 4 of them) and I don't know how you could possibly do justice to the love of any child for their pets.
I hope things go well
phil
thefargo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-05-2008, 10:50 PM   #51
XR8putts

Dunno what to say mate, never had a dog or cat myself but I can understand what you and your family are going through :(

Chin up mate, keep in mind the good times. As someone said, it's better to have loved and lost than to have never loved at all. 15 and 14 years respectively is a great innings.
XR8putts is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-05-2008, 10:57 PM   #52
Yaw
Ford Fanatic

Unhappy

Mate, I am so so very sorry to hear this news.
My most heartfelt condolences to you and your family.
I sit here in tears for I too have had a one of my "Kids" have a sudden seizure and pass away in my arms on the way to vet.
But I know my Ella will be there to show Meggie, Cindy and Jack around the new playground they find themselves in.

R.I.P little ones.
Old 06-05-2008, 11:00 PM   #53
InfernoSR
Sales Representative

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: For research and posted write up on cooling system care and repair in AU.COM and offering help where possible 

Quote:
If it be I grow frail and weak,
and pain should wake me from my sleep,
then you must do what must be done,
for this last battle can't be won.

You will be sad, I understand,
don't let your grief then stay your hand,
for this day, more than the rest,
your love and friendship stand the test.

We've had so many happy years,
what is to come will have no fears;
you'd not want me to suffer...so,
when the time comes...please let me go.

Take me where my needs they'll tend,
but stay with me until the end,
and hold me firm, and speak to me,
until my eyes no longer see.

I know in time, you, too, will see,
it is the kindness you do for me;
although my tail is last waved,
from pain and suffering I've been saved.

Do not grieve that it should be you,
who must decide this thing to do.
We've been so close - we two these years -
don't let your heart hold any tears.

And though our bond can't be broken apart,
make room for another in your home and
your heart.
I was holding resonable composure until i read that... it's beautiful.
Old 07-05-2008, 09:49 AM   #54
Paxton
Cobblers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLUEPRINT
I was holding resonable composure until i read that... it's beautiful.
Heh - that's where I lost it. You're not wrong about the poem.
Roses are red. Violets are blue. OS X rocks. Homage to you.
Paxton is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-05-2008, 04:56 PM   #55
MO
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Nick; condolences mate ...thinking of you and yours.

The more I know ppl the more I love my DOGS.
2011 SY Territory Limited Edition TS
2000 AUII SE ute IL6
MO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-05-2008, 05:16 PM   #56
Fordman1
Donating Member
Donating Member3

That's very sad mate, I'm sorry for your loss.

My "best mate" is 11 now and had a seisure last month. We thought he was going to have to be put down and we were "beside ourselves". We just hoped for the best.

Luckily he has bounced back and is back to normal, but I know how you feel - I would have been absolutely devastated if he had 'gone'. Reading your story reminded me of how much he is part of the family and not just a 'pet'.

Best wishes

Barraxr8
Fordman1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-05-2008, 05:47 PM   #57
Falcon Coupe
Clevo Mafia Inc.

Thanks all for the kind words, all the good times with a dog easily make up for sadness when they must go.

I always see dogs as family, they sleep inside with us and protect us and the house as well as being good companions.
I will miss him and get another soon as my other dog seems quite lonely on her own.
Old 07-05-2008, 05:56 PM   #58
Bluepower
KenneBell Australia

Ive been there guys, had to make a call whilst my family was O/S which made it harder..........

Colville,Nick, sorry guys, got a lump in my throat and a beer in my fridge, I'll keep my shepherd close to me tonight and have one for you guys and your beloved pets.

If only humans we so unconditional in their love and respect, wars would be fought on a footy oval with a tennis ball v dog, not on a battlefield with tanks, soldiers and innocent civvys.

Look at the photo's, it helps more than you think. But I s h i t you not, thinking of you both tonight. I wont show my wife this thread, her parents are not far from having to say a goodbye of their own with their 16yr family pet.

Cheers

Chris
Mechanic, Husband, janitor, MX rider, RC flyer, forum addict

and animal lover. :

Bluepower Racing Developments

Proud Australian Distributors of Kenne Bell superchargers
The Quickest, The Fastest, The Baddest Boss Blower of all.

www.bluepower.com.au

Bluepower is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-05-2008, 06:32 PM   #59
Falcon Coupe
Clevo Mafia Inc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poem
And though our bond can't be broken apart, make room for another in your home and your heart.
Well the house felt empty without Jack.
The children and my other dog looked like they would approve of another, so looking through the trading post we found one that looked in need of a home, here he is:

I wanted to take them all, but unfortunately one will have to do.
Old 11-05-2008, 06:59 PM   #60
Sourbastard
Contributing Member

Quote:
Well the house felt empty without Jack.
The children and my other dog looked like they would approve of another, so looking through the trading post we found one that looked in need of a home, here he is:

I wanted to take them all, but unfortunately one will have to do.
awwww he looks cute, hyper relaxed and a bit slow! Lets call him nugget!

1965 XP Falcon Deluxe Sedan
1978 XC Falcon Wagon Rallypack
2003 BA Fairlane G220

Windsor Powah!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m7hT9dxD2hM

Sourbastard is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post