Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 10-09-2012, 07:35 PM   #31
LG17
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: DO your homework peoples..

Quote:
Originally Posted by xisled
If buying through a card yard in vic, they must tell you if the car is under finance or on the stolen or written off register. They also need to provide you with a copy of the RWC, if the car has rego.
There's a very easy way around that for the car yards though. They only have to tell you if they bought the car from the owner when it was on the written off register. If it's 2 owners away then they don't have to say anything.
LG17 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-09-2012, 07:43 PM   #32
wulos
Forum Director

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: All the behind-the-scenes effort. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: For his advice, tips/tricks in the Art and Photography section of the Forum. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SgtBourne
You ended up buying it though didn't you? Or are you able to give it back...
Did not follow the sale through to completion.. Stand by to see what I DID end up getting..;)
wulos is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-09-2012, 07:53 PM   #33
xisled
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by LG17
There's a very easy way around that for the car yards though. They only have to tell you if they bought the car from the owner when it was on the written off register. If it's 2 owners away then they don't have to say anything.
Not true if the car is on the WOVR register you must advise the buyer.

private or dealership in Victoria only. unsure of other states.

http://www.consumer.vic.gov.au/busin...used-car-sales
xisled is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-09-2012, 07:55 PM   #34
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

I went through an interesting situation about 18yrs ago.
Swapped a HX Kingswood V8 for an XD S pack with my brother.

Turns out he had used the car to secure finance with 3 different lenders on the same day and so had borrowed about $14k, on a 13yr old car, this was in 92.

I had the car for a while before trading it in at the local Holden dealer, this was in 94.
3 years later i recieve a letter from a lawyer asking for $5k to re-imburse the dealer as the car had been reposessed and the new owner had sued the dealer.
As you can imagine i was dumbfounded as 3 years had passed and all of a sudden im up for $5k for a car i had aquired ligitimately.

I contacted my brother, who after presenting him the info, fessed up that he indeed offloaded to me a car he had fraudulantly aquired finance on.

I made arrangements to speak with the dealer and arrange some form of settlement with my brother, however, when i sat down infront of him he started accusing me of various things which put an end to any further negotiations.

It was at this time that i recieved a summonds to attend the local courthouse.
Upon arrival i was asked to give a brief explanation of my side of the story which was submitted to the magistrate.
Over the next half hour the Dealer principal and his 2ic stared me out and trashtalked about how i was gonna get cleaned out with costs etc.
I remained silent.

Then the bailiff called us in, we took our positions and the lady magistrate asked him to present his case.
He spluttered and nearly choked as she requested a copy of the VSR check which all dealers are required to do. His reply... he didnt do one as he trusted me being a local.
She told him i had aquired the vehicle lawfully, it was his responsibility to check it when he traded it.
She then made numerous comments in regards to car dealers before throwing the case out.
The following weeks Sunday Mail had a full page article in regards to shonky dealers tying up court resources trying to undo their stuff ups.

As a gesture of goodwill, and despite the way they treated me, i pressured my brother to pay the full $5k to the dealer and make a written apology stating that i was unaware of the encumberence and totally innocent.

Moral of the story, in 94 i had no idea that i could obtain an encumberence check, it nearly cost me big time.
ALWAYS get a check done.
BENT_8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-09-2012, 10:41 AM   #35
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Quote:
Originally Posted by 302 XC
Considering a real estate company is getting sued because they sold a house for less than its guided price,how i never understand fully,when you need the sellers scribble for a contract, anyway that aside,seller or agents need to lift their game if being sued for forwarding incorrect info becomes then a case for litigation
Its now illegal to advertise cars without giving out VIN numbers,or rego numbers (one or the other must be present in an add)alot of advertising mediums wont accept adds if its not provided
Ebay have a policy of Ks must be on the add, but theres alot of cars with ,"000000000000" Ks on them
Real Estate was exactly what I was thinking when typing my post. An agent 'forgot' to tell a buyer of a house that was on the market for ages that it was the scene of a grizly quadrupple murder here in Sydney...

Funny that when buying a $50k studio / bedsitter generally you need a person skilled in handling the transaction, and certain checks and investigations are done, almost by default... yet if someone buys a $50k car all you need is to fill in a half page of basic personal info and hope for the best. And lets face it, not everyong knows / understands the ins and outs of buying a car. I have sold a few cars to people who had no idea about REVS etc.

I've been around the world a couple of times or maybe more.......
Yellow_Festiva is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-09-2012, 09:35 AM   #36
RASER
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by leighm
I found that looking at the cheapest car of it's kind meant it was a write off.....and that was guaranteed if the suburb was Bankstown.

You're always better off spending an extra thousand or two, repair bills add up quite quickly otherwise.
If a car comes from out west, sold by a certain type of person [lets tip toe throught that], and to good/cheap to be true

RUN.....It will have issues and a story behind it
RASER is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post