Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 30-03-2011, 09:26 PM   #31
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 
Default Re: Another 2 young'ns killed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucknaked
That will only make them think they now have the skills to drive at higher speeds.
Because they were so sensible now. Normally the defensive driving shows you how hard it is to actually slow your car when doing legal speeds
Old 30-03-2011, 09:33 PM   #32
XESP351
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Very sad. Two marine technician sailors (of which the Navy needs every single one they can graduate) gone weeks away from graduation, mainly due to alcohol and of course stupidity. Even worse, two young people taken away from their families forever.

Interestingly though, the sailors have recently undergone alcohol rehab courses (heard on news), maybe that course needs a major review.
Old 30-03-2011, 09:46 PM   #33
lockieoc
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by 302 XC
Firstly
It doesnt matter how crap the tyres were
IF they are deemed legal then they are
IF the tyres are found illegal within the RWC period , then the RWC inspector has some explaining
IF they are illegal after that point then its the drivers responsibility
But was this the contributing factor to the crash ???
Secondly
There are many factors ,speed, BAC,ect
Has every avenue been excluded ???
Even IF the BAC was right,what about a drug test ???
Just because your in the forces,as such
Doesnt exclude from being an idiot on the roads
just because a tyre is legal doesn't mean its any good. I'm pointing out the fact that obviously the driver has little to no understanding about the mechanics of a car hence taking a corner at more then twice the the legal speed in the wet with a fully loaded car.
Old 30-03-2011, 10:01 PM   #34
sudszy
Banned

Quote:
That will only make them think they now have the skills to drive at higher speeds
Yes, that is a big consideration. I also have reservations about how many believe that a half an hour in a skid pan, whatever, suddenly equips one at a moments notice to recover a vehicle that is going sideways still travelling at far greater speed than its possbile to take the corner at in the first place.....some opposite lock full throttle power recovery on a regular piece of road?......people are dreaming.

Defensive driving courses, where people find out how easy it is to lose control if you are going to fast, I have no problem with.

Quote:

What needs to happen, is for repeat offenders on the roads, need to be taken to the scene of a fatality, shown first hand what happen's. Then taken by the police to the home of the family they are about to inform of the death of a loved one from the accident and watch as the emotion's start flowing. Any survivors from the accident, they need to watch medical professionals try to save the lives of those critically injured in emergency theaters.

Time to stop with the adds, they don't work, time to ram the reality down their throat and make them live what emergency personnel live with everyday. Cold hard reality. And they need to be made to be part of it.
I have no problem with this for anyone under the age of 25 that gets any hooning or speeding infringement. The ones that can behave themselves can be spared the trouble.
Old 30-03-2011, 10:13 PM   #35
Ben73
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudszy

I have no problem with this for anyone under the age of 25 that gets any hooning or speeding infringement. The ones that can behave themselves can be spared the trouble.
What If they are caught doing 65, in a 60 zone? Should they have to go though it then?
Old 30-03-2011, 10:18 PM   #36
Mesa
Donating Member
Donating Member2

Sadly, it won't make a lick of difference what you do to change the skills and attitude of young drivers, fact is this will always happen. Why? They already know it's illegal to speed, illegal to drink and driver etc etc. Yet they still do it. I bet there are people reading this who insist playing with mobile phones while driving. The fact it's illegal but it doesn't stop people. You can't prevent the young and invincible menatlity. Unless they bring the age of drivers up to 25, nothing will change no matter how many ads, how many courses or lessons are forced on them. It's up to us as parents to make sure to drill the meaning of responsibility into them at a young age. Not 6 months before they get their licence.
Old 30-03-2011, 10:33 PM   #37
Fireblade
Wizard Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 302 XC
Some that say the driver mite have been requested to slow down or perhaps change his drivin style
HHMM,
How our memory fades fast
How many of us seriously were young and stupid ???
Most
I bet those who condone this attitude were not the great driver/passenger
Themselves
We have all acted the idiot behind the wheel in our life time
Speeding,runnng a muck whatever
Some get away with it,some get fines,jail time and some meet the maker
When ya numbers up its up
The road death toll has gone down ,thats all we need to worry about
Going down means theres still deaths (wether good or bad)
Exactly, we ALL have done something stupid in our time, no one is a perfect driver, some here just use these incidents to jump on their soapbox and push their own agendas. Hypocrites.

As sad as these incidents are, and I feel for their families, but these incidents and more will happen because we are human and make mistakes, some fatal, some not, some people are lucky, some are not.
Old 30-03-2011, 10:59 PM   #38
gtxb67
moderator ford coupe club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben73
What If they are caught doing 65, in a 60 zone? Should they have to go though it then?
maybe so. there is nothing much more sobering than walking through a wrecking yard and looking at a destroyed car and realising someone was in it

people do not understand how devastating cars can be. i was lucky/unlucky. i drove like a little old lady when younger (maybe that is why i still own my first car), because i was in three accidents - at the age of 4, 15 and 17 that were not caused by driver error. i realised from an early age that you do not need to be doing anything wrong to become a statistic. luckily for me, my three lessons did not produce any real injuries, when each of them could have been fatal. unfortunately with some people, their first lesson is the only one they receive - and the last thing they know about

young kids should be taught defensive driving skills and maybe they should have to see some graphic scenes - it may not be nice, but it may help to save a life or two

and good call 302xc and f6foon - so many people jump up on their soap box and criticise the people involved, and yet most, if not all of them have done something silly in their time. you only need 1 second of stupidity for everything to change. anyone that claims they have not done anything that could have resulted to a similar accident to the one in this thread is more than likely lying or extremely ignorant of how dangerous the road can be - and that is dangerous

Last edited by gtxb67; 30-03-2011 at 11:06 PM.
Old 30-03-2011, 11:01 PM   #39
sudszy
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben73
Ben as I wrote: I have no problem with this for anyone under the age of 25 that gets any hooning or speeding infringement.
Old 30-03-2011, 11:02 PM   #40
Fireblade
Wizard Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudszy
Ben as I wrote: I have no problem with this for anyone under the age of 25 that gets any hooning or speeding infringement.
Why just under 25's? why not the little old lady that cut me off on the way home from work today?
Old 30-03-2011, 11:08 PM   #41
v gate

The amount of crazy crap that most of us have performed and got away with if everyone was honest about it would in no doubt have us all in the pokey and our next ten cars turned into coke cans
Old 30-03-2011, 11:09 PM   #42
sudszy
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by F6 FOON
Exactly, we ALL have done something stupid in our time, no one is a perfect driver, some here just use these incidents to jump on their soapbox and push their own agendas. Hypocrites.

As sad as these incidents are, and I feel for their families, but these incidents and more will happen because we are human and make mistakes, some fatal, some not, some people are lucky, some are not.
Push their own agendas? what exactly would that be, other than preventing senseless deaths?

We are all hypocrites? really, I personally dont know any one who did anything half as stupid as what appeared to happen in this incident.
From the reports this was a notorious strip of road for burnouts, speeding etc.

We have a serious car culture problem here, it doesnt have to be.
Old 30-03-2011, 11:11 PM   #43
Ben73
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Why just under 25's? why not the little old lady that cut me off on the way home from work today?
Yeap, its true. As SOON as you turn 25 you suddenly become more mature overnight.
Sudszy ANY Speeding fine? Even a 61 in a 60 zone, which will be happening soon in NSW/

Yeah good luck with that.
Old 30-03-2011, 11:15 PM   #44
sudszy
Banned

Quote:
give it a bit of thought and see what comes to mind.
Old 30-03-2011, 11:18 PM   #45
Auslandau
335 - STILL THE BOSS ...

Drop it .... this isn't the time or place in this thread for this type of discussion and my heart felt condolences go out to the families and friends involved. Using these tragedies to push agendas isn't the right thing to do no matter what side of the fence we may sit.

101,436 MEMBERS ......... 101,436 OPINIONS ..... What could possibly go wrong!

Clevo Mafia
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Closed Thread