Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-09-2008, 09:23 AM   #31
Cobra
Bear with a sore head

Farmers/landowners shooting an animal because it's a pest is a whole different thing to someone filming deliberate brutality to a weak or injured animal and then posting it on the internet.
Old 12-09-2008, 09:28 AM   #32
Fev
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

This opposite of this thread pretty much..

http://www.bigpond.com/news/offbeat/...09/2360219.asp
Old 12-09-2008, 09:29 AM   #33
Peuty
Afterburner + skids =
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobra
Farmers/landowners shooting an animal because it's a pest is a whole different thing to someone filming deliberate brutality to a weak or injured animal and then posting it on the internet.
I know and I acknowledge that.

My comment was in response to someone thinking it's disgusting shooting them for fun.

Oo\===/oO
Old 12-09-2008, 09:37 AM   #34
sgt_doofey
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ams77
can't they trace the video to a ip address from the computer that uploaded the clip and then to a physical address?
Possible, but would need a court order.
An IP address can be traced to an ISP and the ISP could look up their logs to who was assigned that IP address at the time of uploading, but the ISP would need a court order first.
Old 12-09-2008, 09:44 AM   #35
Fev
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Is it legally required for them to give say, the police, the IP without a court order? because i know if i could do it i would..
Old 12-09-2008, 10:15 AM   #36
merlin
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Sick little pathetic bastids - torturing an animal is really one of the lowest acts someone can do.
1966 Ford Mustang coupe. 347 stroker, PA reverse manual C4, TCE high stall converter, B&M Pro Ratchet, Edelbrock alum heads, Edelbrock intake manifold, MSD ignition, Holley Street HP 750 CFM carb, gilmer drive, wrapped Hooker Super Comp Headers, dual 3" straight through exhaust, Bilstein shocks, custom springs, full poly suspension, American Racing rims, Open Tracker roller spring saddles and shelby drop.

Still to go - Holley Sniper EFI with integrated fuel cell.
Old 12-09-2008, 10:38 AM   #37
tex
Broken

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: With the exception of maybe HSE2, nobody writes a review like Texy. 

I hate to say it, but this sort of thing is a reflection on the society in general. There is a distinct lack of respect nowadays - particularly amongst (SOME) youngens - for everyone, and everything. While I don't profess to know what is fostering this slide in community values, I have my own theory, and it is I believe the older generation (ie me and older) allowing it to occur.

Punishment no longer seems comenserate with criminal activity / anti social behaviour, and 'rough' justice does not get dealt. Court imposed sanctions are a joke, and on the whole do not reflect most community views.

The days of a 6'5" copper giving these little turds a belt under the ear 'ol have long gone, and it would seem so has the days of 'proper' parental imposed values, enforced through a firm but fair hand.

Go out to any bus mall, any inner suburb shopping complex, or other gathering point for the youth of today, and observe the behaviour, the disguisting abuse, intimidation, spitting, littering, grafitti and general NO RESPECT behaviour.

trouble is, it's hard to instill respect for other people / property / wildlife, on people that have no respect for themselves in the first place.

Rant over.

11.4 @ 128, 1.88 60ft.
Old 12-09-2008, 11:11 AM   #38
blueoval
Critical Thinker

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Well thought out and constructive posts.  A real credit to this forum. 

How UN-australian can you get with these 2 morons.

2022 Mazda CX5 GTSP Turbo

2018 Hyundai Santa Fe Highlander

1967 XR FALCON 500

Cars previously owned:
2021 Subaru Outback Sport
2018 Subaru XV-S
2012 Subaru Forester X
2007 Subaru Liberty GT
2001 AU2 75th Anniversary Futura
2001 Subaru GX wagon
1991 EB XR8
1977 XC Fairmont
1990 EA S Pak
1984 XE S Pak
1982 ZJ Fairlane
1983 XE Fairmont
1989 EA Falcon
1984 Datsun Bluebird Wagon
1975 Honda Civic
Old 12-09-2008, 11:27 AM   #39
Brent
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by tex
I hate to say it, but this sort of thing is a reflection on the society in general. There is a distinct lack of respect nowadays - particularly amongst (SOME) youngens - for everyone, and everything. While I don't profess to know what is fostering this slide in community values, I have my own theory, and it is I believe the older generation (ie me and older) allowing it to occur.

Punishment no longer seems comenserate with criminal activity / anti social behaviour, and 'rough' justice does not get dealt. Court imposed sanctions are a joke, and on the whole do not reflect most community views.

The days of a 6'5" copper giving these little turds a belt under the ear 'ol have long gone, and it would seem so has the days of 'proper' parental imposed values, enforced through a firm but fair hand.

Go out to any bus mall, any inner suburb shopping complex, or other gathering point for the youth of today, and observe the behaviour, the disguisting abuse, intimidation, spitting, littering, grafitti and general NO RESPECT behaviour.

trouble is, it's hard to instill respect for other people / property / wildlife, on people that have no respect for themselves in the first place.

Rant over.
Nailed it square & centre there mate. Spot on.

Maybe its just a social 'phase' we're going through that will disappear again with time. Maybe not. Whatever, but right at the minute, we seem to be running headlong through the era of zero personal responsibility. The "I know my rights" mindset and the good old "Its somebody else's fault why I did something, not mine" approach.

Seems that every 5 minutes there's some no-name sociologist, psychiatrist, or do-gooder inventing a new behavioural syndrome or diagnosis as a handy excuse for what is otherwise known as d*head behaviour. Same old thing.....just shifting the blame away from the clown who does the wrong thing in the first place. As a society we just seem to look the other way, and IMO if you don't stamp out bad behaviour with a firm hand, then as a society, you're basically condoning it.

Oh yeah, as for the hero in the video...........you're a real big man, aren't you? Disgrace, coward, cretin. Take your pick chief.
Old 12-09-2008, 11:51 AM   #40
uranium_death
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

When I read the title, I thought it meant that they were looking for a kangaroo that punched a man.

People like this are despicable. I would like to see them be put on an animal cruelty register, and not allowed to own a pet for a bloody long time, if not never again.

I agree on the $10,000 fine. This was purely intentional, and the fact that they filmed it and put it on Youtube only validates that fact.

We should get that stripper to visit the mongrel who did this, and she can ride him "like a dog or horse".

Don't snap my undies.
Old 12-09-2008, 12:05 PM   #41
Fev
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by tex

Rant over.
I agree with you but i do have to say its a minority of youth that do this sort of thing.. minority being about 15-20%
Old 12-09-2008, 12:07 PM   #42
Hillbilly F Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by ams77
can't they trace the video to a ip address from the computer that uploaded the clip and then to a physical address?
Mate i hope so. There have also been a few attacks on Koalas recently in QLD, where mother and baby are tortured to death - broken bones etc.. and decapitated. Reportedly a group of youths were seen to be the perpetrators in one incident. Very concerning behavior, needs to be dealt with, and no wrist slap because if not, it's just saying that it's ok.
Old 12-09-2008, 12:41 PM   #43
sgt_doofey
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fev
Is it legally required for them to give say, the police, the IP without a court order? because i know if i could do it i would..
They need a court order otherwise it's covered by the Privacy Act.
Old 12-09-2008, 07:20 PM   #44
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgt_doofey
They need a court order otherwise it's covered by the Privacy Act.
Even then, if they uploaded it at a publicly available computer you have no chance at all at proving who did it.
Old 12-09-2008, 07:26 PM   #45
WindsorXR
FGII XR6, Focus Sport, XR

Hope he gets shot in the face! If anyone knows this guy, can i have his address!?

2011 Purple FGII XR6
2016 LZ Focus Sport

BA XR8 Build Thread (SOLD)
1966 XR Falcon Build Thread
Old 12-09-2008, 07:47 PM   #46
MRHELE

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobRoy
Mate i hope so. There have also been a few attacks on Koalas recently in QLD, where mother and baby are tortured to death - broken bones etc.. and decapitated. Reportedly a group of youths were seen to be the perpetrators in one incident. Very concerning behavior, needs to be dealt with, and no wrist slap because if not, it's just saying that it's ok.
That's a concern.
How many murderer's have there been where it's been found they tortured and killed animal's before moving their trade onto people...
Old 12-09-2008, 10:32 PM   #47
JG66ME
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Great tech articles and assistance to all in the Classics arena. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dazza XL
The courts need to get tougher on animal cruelty offenders.
RSPCA do the hard yards to get a case, only to have the offender stroll out of court with a $400 fine.
Whatever happened to enforcing the maximum penalty?
Edit- Screw the $400. Start at a $10k minimum penalty and work your way up from there.
:
I am with you mate. Animal cruelty is one offence that should be stamped out. Those that are cruel to creatures that have no deffence are nothing but cowards.
Old 12-09-2008, 11:54 PM   #48
Cobra
Bear with a sore head

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRHELE
That's a concern.
How many murderer's have there been where it's been found they tortured and killed animal's before moving their trade onto people...
Anyone who has ever studied psychology would tell you that it's almost a given that murders, serial killers and the like all tortured animals when they were younger.
Old 13-09-2008, 07:10 AM   #49
ltd
Force Fed Fords

Just goes to show that having children should be licenced. This would certainly upset a lot of people but bogans, shackas, losers, 18 yo pensioners etc are all sub intelligent and prolifically breed to the detriment of the species. If we as a society allow these fringe dwelling troglodytes to have offspring, we are merely ensuring our own downfall as a species. I reckon blame could be shifted to governments as well for the lack of suitably jailing petty offenders and juveniles who engage in this sort of behaviour. I'd hunt the bastards down and take them to the zoo where we could put them amongst the lions. I'll take bets on the lion vs the urban twat.

Quote: