Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 06-08-2006, 09:44 PM   #31
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim1606
No i dont live near browns lane lol i live in lincs. Jag should reinvent them selves ford europ did so i am sure they can do it to jag.
Well Lincs isn't far from Coventry is it? I dunno about re-inverting. Just so long as they've improved the quality control and thrown all the Lucas stuff out the window.

P.S. my next one is going to be an old XJ-S .... but dont tell my wife!
Old 06-08-2006, 11:54 PM   #32
new2ford
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by GasOLane
Well Lincs isn't far from Coventry is it? I dunno about re-inverting. Just so long as they've improved the quality control and thrown all the Lucas stuff out the window.

P.S. my next one is going to be an old XJ-S .... but dont tell my wife!
English concepts of distance GasOLane. I left a B&B in Cumbria telling the landlady I was driving to Edinburgh that day (about Sydney to Port Stephens distance). She looked at me in awe as though I was setting out across the Nullabor!

I never had any trouble with my Princes of Darkness but I like the joke. I helped a friend restore an E type once, most awesome car I've ever driven. Its tempting sometimes if it wasn't for the wallet!
Old 07-08-2006, 09:37 AM   #33
jim1606
Jim

Quote:
Originally Posted by GasOLane
Well Lincs isn't far from Coventry is it?
about an hour 45, so i guess not too far but i live in north lincs so its further. I am sure jag will be fine just give them there space and they will deliver
Old 07-08-2006, 11:33 AM   #34
Fingers
Ex EF Futura Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by vztrt
Yeah I wouldn't bag Volvo anymore, since Ford bought them they've made some great cars and used their R&D.
IMHO they (Volvo) have always made great cars, some boring, some ugly, but solid, reliable, great cars.
Fingers is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-08-2006, 11:46 AM   #35
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by new2ford
I never had any trouble with my Princes of Darkness but I like the joke. I helped a friend restore an E type once, most awesome car I've ever driven. Its tempting sometimes if it wasn't for the wallet!
Yeah, after owning two V12 Jags, with Lucas electrics, I often wonder about the placement of the only nuclear reactor in OZ.

Someone with a warped sense of humour perhaps
Old 07-08-2006, 01:36 PM   #36
ltd
Force Fed Fords

Personally, I believe it would be a real shame for us if Ford sold Jag. I mean, look at our parts bin.
Safety by volvo
Performance by Aston Martin,
Suspension by Jaguar,
Engines from cars like the GT40 (OK, without the supercharger)
Style and comfort from Jag,
and all priced like a ford.
Such alliances have made the group purchase of gearboxes like the ZF, whereas Holden were not able to do the ZF at a reasonable price.

Also, it was only in raiding the global parts bin that Ford Oz were able to pull themselves out of the AU sales slump.
I realise that Jag does have the added reliability of ford, and frankly, I am even considering buying my father a Volvo (check the interior and see if it reminds you of a BA)
I believe anyway that selling Jag off is premature, and will only serve to diminish Ford's long term economic viability.

Quote: