Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 11-01-2010, 12:07 PM   #31
buggo
[BU66OS]

I also hate cannons on crappy little hatchbacks, they are so annoying, and just cause there car produces an ear peircing whine, backed by a low constant popping sound that wakes people up at night, they think there $200 car with $100 cannon from supercheap is better than mine.
And I hate when ppl try and make there lances look like evo's, but always fail. Its a dead giveaway when your 'evo' has 13' stockies with drums on the back. :togo:

BA XR8 Manual
buggo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-01-2010, 12:13 PM   #32
V3RSAC3
... Fear it!

You know what really grinds my gears? People in the 19th century. Why don't they get with the freakin program? It's called an automobile, folks. It's much faster than a horse!
Chrysler 300C Sedan
SY Territory Ghia
V3RSAC3 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-01-2010, 12:18 PM   #33
Fev
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

My car shakes to the bass - but it shakes when it idles too lol.

One thing that really gets on my nerves is people in the right lane on the freeway too - it irks me to no end and my highbeams get a good workin when it happens.
Fev is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-01-2010, 12:27 PM   #34
BOSHOG
avenge me

Quote:
Originally Posted by buggo_gt
I also hate cannons on crappy little hatchbacks, they are so annoying, and just cause there car produces an ear peircing whine, backed by a low constant popping sound that wakes people up at night, they think there $200 car with $100 cannon from supercheap is better than mine.
And I hate when ppl try and make there lances look like evo's, but always fail. Its a dead giveaway when your 'evo' has 13' stockies with drums on the back. :togo:
cannons on POS cars dont grind my gears, they make my day..... double the cannon = double the fun. this car left me walking around all day with a smile on my dial

carbon fibre left unpainted on the top floor of a carpark ends up looking as bad as this

also notice the 120mm tacho on the dash
Old 11-01-2010, 12:46 PM   #35
My poor XF
Geelong FC 07, 09 & 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by V3RSAC3
You know what really grinds my gears? People in the 19th century. Why don't they get with the freakin program? It's called an automobile, folks. It's much faster than a horse!
HAHAHAH awesome!
Old 11-01-2010, 12:47 PM   #36
Pinch
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushbasher
Well I guess things are a little more relaxed out here in the country cos I have pulled away from pumps everywhere I've ever been from here to SA and back and never had a problem and never been chatted. come to think of it, I did the same thing one day at a big Shell station on Paramatta Rd where there's a KFC and McPukes as well IIRC and didn't get chatted there either. Maybe I'm just lucky or maybe I don't look like a drive off candidate, who knows.

Bushbasher
Maybe I do look like a drive off candidate??? who knows? :evil3:

Hell when I lived in the country I had the key to the local bowser and just left them a note with how much fuel I grabbed if I left for work before they opened... Didn't have locks on our house either, or even turn the car off when we went into the shops - forgot once when I came back to Sydney and left my then-new BA Xr6 running out the front of a post office. Didn't do that again!

They were the days - living in the country, no big city up-tightness - but then again its all the idiots and thieves here that ruin it for everyone else resulting in all these stupid and inefficient rules coming in everywhere (not that everyone should have the key to the local bowser!).

Oh and cannons on crappy hatchbacks or 20 yo shopping trolleys with missing hubcaps - YES, yes and YES - gears totally ground. Spending your obviously stretched hard-earned on something that makes your car as annoyingly loud and whiney as possible, slower, and using more fuel (backpressure - yes you do need SOME). Just get a tatoo that says idiot on your forehead.

Last edited by Pinch; 11-01-2010 at 12:53 PM.
Pinch is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-01-2010, 01:07 PM   #37
v8 tc

Smile

[QUOTE=NC1183]It died around the same time as Common Sense

Yep common sense would kill half the population
v8 tc is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-01-2010, 01:34 PM   #38
b0son
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

cars with the rear end lower than the front... and if the rears are IN the guards, thats just ridiculous
b0son is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-01-2010, 01:45 PM   #39
TP351
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTPete
Chev badges on commodores.

Not to mention Pontiac badges and GTO fronts on Commonwhores as well! They are dog ugly.
TP351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-01-2010, 01:57 PM   #40
73XBGT

Quote:
Originally Posted by homegrown
Xb bonnets scoops on other cars. Don't like it.
Yeah what is with that?? that really grinds my gears to see so many XB/XC bonnets with scoops on holdens and some other cars i have seen aswell have it, but mainly alot of holdens..they wish their holden was designed with a bonnet as good as that! well guess what...its a FORD bonnet! HA!

The Daily: 2003 FPV BA GT-P mk1 (Build #410) silhouette black, leather/suede, auto 4 speed, SCT X4 flash tuned, BluePower racing developments cold air intake, Headers>high flow cats>HiTech “bionic” dual 2.5” stainless system catback
73XBGT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-01-2010, 02:06 PM   #41
Bushbasher
When in doubt, GAS IT!!

Overly timid drivers on the highway. You all know the ones, they sit behind the equally annoying slow bastid doing 80-90kph and don't have the gumption to put their foot down and pass said slow bastid but will sit close enough so nobody has any room to get between them and make a clean, efficient pass. Then the next timid driver gets caught behind them but stays too close, so now there's a 3 car train with just enough gaps to stretch the whole train out but not enough to get between them that slowly grows as every succeeding motorist banks up behind them and nobody can safely pass anyone because A) slow bastid is oblivious and/or doesn't care and B) the next couple of drivers are too nervous to make a move. Hands up all those truck drivers who've been caught behind this lot and seen your schedule go out the window because when you get to a passing lane all the timid pussies crawl past the front man and take so long that you get stuck behind him till the next passing lane that's not on an uphill climb.

Bushbasher

HERS- BFIII Wagon Gold, alloys, dual fuel, bullbar, big tow pack, trans cooler, fully rebuilt HD suspension, Clarion, alarmed, full 2 1/2" sports system, mint body

MINE- AUII Forte
Meteorite, dual fuel but otherwise bog stock.

MINE- AUII Fairlane Sportsman Liquid Silver over meteorite,HIDs', Airhog, Eagle Leads, dual fuel, custom rear springs, BA slotted discs + a second one for spares

Bushbasher is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-01-2010, 02:13 PM   #42
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Bogan's that think revving the crap out of their POS V6 commo's on a saturday arvo.. Is a tune up.... :
pottery beige is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-01-2010, 02:26 PM   #43
Ryan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

"Dinner plate" chrome wheels. I absolutely hate them with a passion.
Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-01-2010, 02:37 PM   #44
onfire
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

It seems I'm getting old, or probably just matured. But skids, wheel spin, burn outs on public roads.. what grinds my gears is the mechanics just up the road from me.. I wonder if the boss knows his young mechanics wheel out every 2nd car in the yard and ' test ' them but spinning the wheels and throwing out the back ends coming constantly on and off the main drag when he goes home.

It seems come 5.30-6pm at least once a week, some random near stock family sedan gets the said treatment followed by a round of applause.

onfire is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-01-2010, 02:43 PM   #45
LANKY 1
Are the Supercars on yet?

Really good stereo's in old clapped out cars with different coloured panels, where the stereo is worth more then the car

Yep, and the chev badges on commo's

V8 dreamteam
1st: 2012, 2021
2nd: 2015, 2016, 2020, 2022, 2023
3rd: 2014, 2018, 2019
LANKY 1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-01-2010, 02:51 PM   #46
g220ba
FGX XR8

people who've lost the ability to indicate. That's lane changing, merging and parking.
g220ba is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-01-2010, 02:59 PM   #47
BOSHOG
avenge me

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84ltd
people who've lost the ability to indicate. That's lane changing, merging and parking.
agreed 100%, i even indicate going into my driveway, and people still honk their horn
Old 11-01-2010, 03:06 PM   #48
g220ba
FGX XR8

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOSHOG
agreed 100%, i even indicate going into my driveway, and people still honk their horn
They can honk all they like it is law to indicate your intentions.
Old 11-01-2010, 03:10 PM   #49
TC200six
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushbasher
Ignorant f@#$ers who, especially on the first pump, after they finish filling up, walk off to go pay even though there's you and the 2 cars behind you waiting to get in. How hard is it to pull forward out of the way of the pumps FFS!! This usually happens when all the pumps are in use and the forecourt is full and there's a line up at the register too so you end up sitting there for 5 minutes after they walk off while the traffic banks up behind you. So much worse when there are 3 or 4 of us lined up waiting for the 1 LPG pump and they turn round, look at you then STILL walk off. It's about then that I want to get out and give them a piece of my mind closely followed by a piece of my fist. :jab: If there's someone behind me I'll always pull away from the pump when I'm done.

What ever happened to common courtesy?

Bushbasher
What p!$$es me off is when you're at a servo which has a food court with a McDonald's in it and when people fill up their car they go into the big line at McDonald's while they're in there after paying for the fuel. This is a very common problem at the BP servo along the Warrigo Highway in QLD near the Gatton University.

I've seen it happen at busy times when there are at least 2 cars lined up waiting to use the pump that the arrogant person waiting to be served at Maccas has their car parked at. These aren't just pathetic bogans doing this, I've seen middle age women and men going in to pay for fuel and walking straight to the other que. What the hell are they thinking? : Where's their brain?
TC200six is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-01-2010, 03:12 PM   #50
TC200six
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I also hate it when people put their right flasher on when going straight ahead at a roundabout.
TC200six is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-01-2010, 03:26 PM   #51
BOSHOG
avenge me

Quote:
They can honk all they like it is law to indicate your intentions.
i dont think they like me going slow into my driveway, but its on quite a slope so i have to otherwise my car scrubs out. people dont seem to have any manners these days
Old 11-01-2010, 03:32 PM   #52
g220ba
FGX XR8

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOSHOG
i dont think they like me going slow into my driveway, but its on quite a slope so i have to otherwise my car scrubs out. people dont seem to have any manners these days
Hey you might be adding 5 seconds to their trip. Can't have that happening now can we.
Old 11-01-2010, 03:41 PM   #53
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

When i'm sitting on my butt at work surfing AFF... And my boss give's me a job to do.... :
pottery beige is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-01-2010, 03:53 PM   #54
Zedjay
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wally
or american Ford blue ovals on Falcons

yeah but thats how they came from the factory.

chev badges on a commy (to me) is like mustang badges on a falcon
Zedjay is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-01-2010, 03:55 PM   #55
onfire
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

My girlfriend hates when people swing out to go around corners.. but in saying that, I've never seen someone get so close to the gutter when turning a corner as she does.

onfire is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-01-2010, 03:57 PM   #56
SM1DY
LIKE A BOSS 351

What grinds my gears? Oh so many things....

- When the pillow slips down the gap between the wall and the matress
- When the captions are on the television and I can't get them off
- When I tie my shoelaces up and they aren't the exact same tension on both feet so I have to start again
- Cold toilet seats
- People who try to speak like Steve Irwin
- Anyone with food stuck in their teeth
- When the water is turned off in my area for repairs and then the first time I use a tap after that and the water explodes out of the tap
- When the radio volume is an odd number
- Smudges on my sunglasses they I can't get off
- Energy saving lightbulbs that are meant to last 4 times longer and konk out after a month
- People who sing christmas carols any after christmas day
- SIDI and AFM
- Hybrid cars
- Buggie smugglers

I could go all day
SM1DY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-01-2010, 04:06 PM   #57
BOSHOG
avenge me

Quote:
Originally Posted by SM1DY
What grinds my gears? Oh so many things....

- When the pillow slips down the gap between the wall and the matress
- When the captions are on the television and I can't get them off
- When I tie my shoelaces up and they aren't the exact same tension on both feet so I have to start again
- Cold toilet seats
- People who try to speak like Steve Irwin
- Anyone with food stuck in their teeth
- When the water is turned off in my area for repairs and then the first time I use a tap after that and the water explodes out of the tap
- When the radio volume is an odd number
- Smudges on my sunglasses they I can't get off
- Energy saving lightbulbs that are meant to last 4 times longer and konk out after a month
- People who sing christmas carols any after christmas day
- SIDI and AFM
- Hybrid cars
- Buggie smugglers

I could go all day
sounds like OCD.......... but i also need the radio to be on an even number lol
Old 11-01-2010, 04:13 PM   #58
ST
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
I don't understand this, most people act like it's some unwritten road rule now that you don't need to.

I think last minute indicators are awesome too, you know the ones who change into the turning lane and THEN decide to indicate or the ones who start breaking on a fast moving road and then put their indicator on as they turn the corner with a 6 car pileup behind them.

OR the classic single indicators who change lanes; they start moving over and quickly indicate ONCE (as in one flash of the indicating light) and turn it off and then continue to veer over to the next lane. Those people just scream logical road sense to me and they deserve a pat on the back!
Old 11-01-2010, 04:26 PM   #59
irlewy86
Meep Meep

You wanna know what grinds my gears;

-Speed bumps
-Speed camera's
-Speed addicts
-Foreign governments who and complain about their maratime rights while simply forgetting the fact they torpeoed a hospital ship
-Foreign governments who and complain about racisim, yet sat on their hands when a christian mission and his family were burnt alive for being heritics
-Fedral governments who staunchly oppose changes to CGT despite watching the second greatest ecconomic collapse overseas come from the "housing market bubble"
-Speed bumps.
-People who ring me up and complain I don't know which piston their 40 year old tractor has despite being asked for the serial number umpteen times
-when it doesn't rain for 3 months, but the weekend I choose to mow the lawns and wash the car it buckets down
-when it rains for 3 months but I'm not allowed to wash my car because of water restrictions, despite the government spending billions on pipelines and recycling, they don't want to use it
-People who leave the shopping trolley wherever they feel like it, then have the audacity to complain their car was hit by a stray trolley, or the price of their insurance premiums
-Summer festivals that sell out in 2 minutes then 10,000 tickets mysteriously turn up at inflated prices on the web
-Speed bumps
-Dodgy clutches
-Crappy oil
- Window lickers
- People who change jobs like they change underwear, what did you expect to be promoted to CEO after 3 months of work?
- Soccer fans. "Yes it is the most popular game in the world, but just like Windows is the most popular OS, and as with both popularity doesn't make it good, entertaining or important."

I think that covers it this afternoon. I wonder if we'll have a "What floats your boat" thread.
Old 11-01-2010, 04:40 PM   #60
Fled74
The Thread Killa

Legitimate car enthusiasts being labelled "hoons".

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." - Aristotle
Fled74 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post