Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 06-07-2017, 07:41 PM   #31
Kieron
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Tickford to build Moffat tribute Mustang

Quote:
Originally Posted by zipping View Post
I want a Bondy one
They should formally launch this car at Bathurst. Build a Bondy #2, hand a few quid to Moff n Bondy and have them drive around the circuit in the famous 1-2 formation finish.

Get the Bowdens to set up a combined PRA/Bowdens Only stand, grab the original 1-2 Falcs together with the 1-2 Stangs, knock out a nice poster with all 4 cars and have Moff/Bondy on hand, the punters will come from miles around and i'm sure the cars will be unloaded in no time, complete with a boot load of Bowdens cleaning gear and the Bowdens will do a nice trade on top.

@Ira, your right re Ian's car but as he's sadly not with us anymore to autograph/endorse, the marketing may not be as effective. Still, it would be easy enough to do.
Kieron is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
8 users like this post:
Old 06-07-2017, 07:59 PM   #32
Whitey-AMG
AWD Assassin

I don't mind it. It's a nice bit of nostalgia. With so many mustangs on the road now they are getting a bit bland and boring so this injects a bit of character back into the product with a nice emotional link to past track glories all endorsed by the man who created the legend in the 1st place...
We need to give these sorts of things a chance otherwise we'll have nothing very soon.

New RIDE
2018 AMG Mercedes A45
Angry AWD assassin
Whitey-AMG is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 06-07-2017, 08:30 PM   #33
futura
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The market is saturated with mustangs. Just another mustang.
Next
Old 06-07-2017, 08:51 PM   #34
futura
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluey-GT View Post
I don't mind it. It's a nice bit of nostalgia. With so many mustangs on the road now they are getting a bit bland and boring so this injects a bit of character back into the product with a nice emotional link to past track glories all endorsed by the man who created the legend in the 1st place...
We need to give these sorts of things a chance otherwise we'll have nothing very soon.
Rather ford America builts us a Right hand drive GT350 for our Australian market rather than 77 moffat mustangs.

What we need is more Factory muscle cars.
Old 06-07-2017, 09:35 PM   #35
Whitey-AMG
AWD Assassin

Quote:
Originally Posted by futura View Post
Rather ford America builts us a Right hand drive GT350 for our Australian market rather than 77 moffat mustangs.

Yes and I would rather Ford /FPV sent the falcon off with a proper full on no holds barred special edition high powered GT but they didn't.....
FoA are lazy , if it wasn't for the skunkworks churning out semi desirable products they'd be no better than that white goods company TOYOTA...

A right hand drive GT350 would be $150k AUD + and we'd all be whingeing about why a slap dash poorly built American car costs so much and how it's not much better value than the standard GT blah blah blah.... you know like how an XR6T is better value than F6 and how an AU XR8 is better than the latest HSV GTS R....lols all round.

We all want stuff but very few are prepared to buy It when the time comes.... poor market for expensive crappy Fords.... so it's a difficult proposition to sell something like A GT350 in large enough numbers. Hence the middle of the range offerings we are seeing. It is what it is....

New RIDE
2018 AMG Mercedes A45
Angry AWD assassin
2 users like this post:
Old 06-07-2017, 09:49 PM   #36
futura
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Yes and I would rather Ford /FPV sent the falcon off with a proper full on no holds barred special edition high powered GT but they didn't.....
FoA are lazy , if it wasn't for the skunkworks churning out semi desirable products they'd be no better than that white goods company TOYOTA...

A right hand drive GT350 would be $150k AUD + and we'd all be whingeing about why a slap dash poorly built American car costs so much and how it's not much better value than the standard GT blah blah blah.... you know like how an XR6T is better value than F6 and how an AU XR8 is better than the latest HSV GTS R....lols all round.

We all want stuff but very few are prepared to buy It when the time comes.... poor market for expensive crappy Fords.... so it's a difficult proposition to sell something like A GT350 in large enough numbers. Hence the middle of the range offerings we are seeing. It is what it is....
Someone considering buying a Moffat mustang will have the money to buy a GT350.

77 limited edition moffat mustang is hardly considered a large numbers?
Old 06-07-2017, 09:53 PM   #37
Whitey-AMG
AWD Assassin

Quote:
Someone considering buying a Moffat mustang will have the money to buy a GT350.

77 limited edition moffat mustang is hardly considered a large numbers?
They won't cost 150k....or more like a 350 would.

New RIDE
2018 AMG Mercedes A45
Angry AWD assassin
Old 06-07-2017, 09:54 PM   #38
futura
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Was at eastern creek drags last night, theres plenty of builders money that are spent on buying premuim peformance cars. Plenty of AMGs.
Old 06-07-2017, 10:26 PM   #39
Pepscobra
Call me dirt... Joe Dirt

Quote:
Well said I guess.
On second thoughts, I do think it looks good, was initially offended that it was a Mustang, not falcon. But I've got over that pretty quickly.

You know, that's a hell of a lot of vinyl. What's it going to look like in 7 years?
I've seen regular FPV's where the vinyl stripes have faded and cracked.
Unless these ones are painted on...?
2007 BFII FPV Cobra Ute|Boss 302|6M|#23/100
Mods so far:
Billet Products Shifter|X-Force Exhaust|Herrod Oil Breathers|Whiteline Sway Bar|Tein SuperStreets|Kings FOR-303SL Rear Springs|Melling Oil Pump|Mace Manifold Spacers|Powerbond Underdrives|Pacemaker Headers|Ballistic Cats|XFT Custom Tune @ 308.3rwkw|DBA T3 Rotors|Ferodo Pads|Goodridge Braided Lines
Mods to come:
4.11 Diff Gears|Chromoly Tailshaft
I use & recommend:
Castrol|Motorcraft|Mainlube|Penrite

Check Out My Build Thread
Pepscobra is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 06-07-2017, 10:54 PM   #40
futura
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

"The ’77 Special Mustangs will ride on Tickford 20-inch alloy rims, painted in a unique shade of gold in line with the original race car."
Old 06-07-2017, 11:04 PM   #41
futura
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

https://youtu.be/BTAyr9XWrYE

GT350 all the way..
Old 06-07-2017, 11:47 PM   #42
HO 3
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kieron View Post
They should formally launch this car at Bathurst. Build a Bondy #2, hand a few quid to Moff n Bondy and have them drive around the circuit in the famous 1-2 formation finish.

Get the Bowdens to set up a combined PRA/Bowdens Only stand, grab the original 1-2 Falcs together with the 1-2 Stangs, knock out a nice poster with all 4 cars and have Moff/Bondy on hand, the punters will come from miles around and i'm sure the cars will be unloaded in no time, complete with a boot load of Bowdens cleaning gear and the Bowdens will do a nice trade on top.

@Ira, your right re Ian's car but as he's sadly not with us anymore to autograph/endorse, the marketing may not be as effective. Still, it would be easy enough to do.
Yeah very well said, that would of been an efficient way to market it, join the dots and bring some relevance to a rather obtuse product after letting the uneducated marketing kids loose with crayons................it might simply be a generational thing, but in my mind f##k off and leave our unique Falcon racing heritage alone and find another way to market Mustang. Move on nothing to see here, not much imagination anyway.

Cheers Mick
HO 3 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-07-2017, 12:01 AM   #43
MethodX
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by SensationFG8 View Post
I dont get why people would be upset at this? Falcon is gone, it was buried almost a year ago. We complain we dont get enough performance cars, then we complain when people try to do the right thing.

Sure it may not be to your liking, but at least applaud the fact that Tickford is trying to keep things going on the performance front.
Interior plastics and 2 star safety rating...

J/K ....

Looks good.
MethodX is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-07-2017, 07:24 AM   #44
davenl5l
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

According to facebook (so you know its true) they are supercharged $115,000 and all pre sold
Old 07-07-2017, 08:27 AM   #45
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community 

Quote:

The problem was that those GT350s and the GT350R are such limited builds that there's simply no allocation.
The engines are hand built like our Falcon Miamis were and the chassis pick up points
for the MagnaRide suspension are different to the regular 'stangs, that changes with the '18s...

We can only hope that the engine get productonised into a lower cost Cobra Jet for ROW markets.

I have a contact in the US who worked for a while at Flat Rock but now back at Michigan AP on the Fcus line,
his contacts at FRAP tell him the '18s begin in October and the RHDs at the same time,
it's quite annoying that Australia has to wait nearly nine months to get its allocation.
jpd80 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 07-07-2017, 10:28 AM   #46
Raptor
^^^^^^^^
Donating Member2

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For quietly going about moderating in a fair and even manner. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MethodX View Post
Interior plastics and 2 star safety rating...
They might have improved on that, slightly

Mustang upgraded to three-star crash rating
Raptor is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post