Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 22-01-2012, 06:05 PM   #31
drew`SEVNT5
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: 2013 Hyundai Genesis Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nic85
$70k will be too much. No idea how Nissan get away with charging that amount for a 370Z.

I would say mid $40's for the 2L turbo, and low $50's maybe for the V6. But who knows.

As said above, the base Genesis is the states costs $22k with the 2L turbo, right up to $31k for the V6 track edition. The 2L turbo weighs 1494kgs for the 6 speed manual, and the V6 weighs 1537kgs for the 6 speed manual.

Just as an example, the Nissan 370Z in America starts at $32k and goes right up to $42k.
RRP =! Price you buy one for.

My 370z was $61k brand new (RRP $74k)

This would want to be under $50k for the V6, given the small amount of numbers that get sold of this sort of car, and what you can buy the competition for.

-2011 Nissan 370z Coupe (6M)-
-2006 Husqvarna SMRR450-
drew`SEVNT5 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-01-2012, 10:12 AM   #32
Nic85
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Yeah, agree totally. I guess Nissan charge that much because of the "Z" car heritage.

Just for you guys wondering if it's coming to Australia...

http://www.caradvice.com.au/145711/2...ht-speed-auto/

It's been confirmed for next year on a bunch of different automotive websites.
Nic85 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-01-2012, 10:39 AM   #33
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
$70k will be too much. No idea how Nissan get away with charging that amount for a 370Z.

I would say mid $40's for the 2L turbo, and low $50's maybe for the V6. But who knows.

As said above, the base Genesis is the states costs $22k with the 2L turbo, right up to $31k for the V6 track edition. The 2L turbo weighs 1494kgs for the 6 speed manual, and the V6 weighs 1537kgs for the 6 speed manual.

Just as an example, the Nissan 370Z in America starts at $32k and goes right up to $42k.
Go for a drive in one and it will become more obvious.
flappist is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-01-2012, 10:50 AM   #34
Nic85
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by flappist
Go for a drive in one and it will become more obvious.
I understand what you're saying, and I certainly don't want to come across as irascible, I guess I'm just a bit spoiled from my previous car ownership. I drove a brand new Evo X MR back in 2009 and didn't think it was worth anywhere near the $75k asking price.

To me, a 350Z/370Z is just an overweight, slow hairdressers car. Again, not meaning to be querulous, just stating my opinion.
Old 23-01-2012, 11:05 AM   #35
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
I understand what you're saying, and I certainly don't want to come across as irascible, I guess I'm just a bit spoiled from my previous car ownership. I drove a brand new Evo X MR back in 2009 and didn't think it was worth anywhere near the $75k asking price.

To me, a 350Z/370Z is just an overweight, slow hairdressers car. Again, not meaning to be querulous, just stating my opinion.
You mean the car that in the 2008 BFYB was quicker around Wakefield than everything with a Ford or FPV badge (inc FG GT & F6) logging the same lap time as a HSV GTS?

Just wondering what you drive that has spoiled you?

Edit: Doesn't matter I looked it up in your history, VW Passat Diesel

Last edited by flappist; 23-01-2012 at 11:33 AM.
flappist is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-01-2012, 12:06 PM   #36
Nic85
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by flappist
You mean the car that in the 2008 BFYB was quicker around Wakefield than everything with a Ford or FPV badge (inc FG GT & F6) logging the same lap time as a HSV GTS?

Just wondering what you drive that has spoiled you?

Edit: Doesn't matter I looked it up in your history, VW Passat Diesel
VW Passat diesel? Nah. I drove one of those before I bought my ASX.

No, the car I was talking about was an Evo 8 MR.

Like I said, not being cantankerous.
Old 23-01-2012, 06:27 PM   #37
dimka100
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I too agree that the Nissan Z is a bit overpriced here in Australia … yes its faster than a HSV or FPV around a track … but since when are these cars have been a benchmark in anything sports car related anyways???

Personally I think it needs to be priced more in line with an Evo 9 / 10 or WRX STI, considering that both a slightly quicker in most real conditions and have a far greater tuning potential. On the other end of the scale you get the BMW 135 which in my opinion while not necessarily being faster adds a whole new level of badge whoring and the value that comes with that …

I think the Z should be about low 60s drive away and not 70K+ … it will be interesting where the Genesis will fall but I have a feeling they will strategically price it under the Z but not by much considering it’s a much newer car offering a lot more conventional features and other such items … it’s also been ravely reviewed in the states
dimka100 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-01-2012, 12:02 AM   #38
drew`SEVNT5
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by dimka100
I too agree that the Nissan Z is a bit overpriced here in Australia … yes its faster than a HSV or FPV around a track … but since when are these cars have been a benchmark in anything sports car related anyways???

Personally I think it needs to be priced more in line with an Evo 9 / 10 or WRX STI, considering that both a slightly quicker in most real conditions and have a far greater tuning potential. On the other end of the scale you get the BMW 135 which in my opinion while not necessarily being faster adds a whole new level of badge whoring and the value that comes with that …

I think the Z should be about low 60s drive away and not 70K+ … it will be interesting where the Genesis will fall but I have a feeling they will strategically price it under the Z but not by much considering it’s a much newer car offering a lot more conventional features and other such items … it’s also been ravely reviewed in the states
That is where I picked mine up for. And haven't wiped the smile of my face since.

Didn't think low 1500kg's was overweight, either?

-2011 Nissan 370z Coupe (6M)-
-2006 Husqvarna SMRR450-
drew`SEVNT5 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-01-2012, 02:47 AM   #39
dkpioe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Resurrection
Yawn. Enough said.
yawn. enough said?

I think a hyundai or any car making 260kw from a v6 is amazing, thats more then aussie sixes, more then aussie sixes will ever make naturally aspirated, thats nothing to yawn over, thats better then even merc v6s and bmw inline 6s.

hyundai have gone quickly from a crappy cheap car maker, to a decent car maker with decent specifications, and are now quickly moving to serious performance machines, exceptional build quality, safety and luxury.

hyundai are offering the best warrenties of any car maker in some parts of the world.

at this rate, they will be producing cars better then the germans in 10 years.

that is nothing to yawn over. nothing to hate about either, if anything it is one of the great stories unfolding about passenger car companies.

Ford Australia has certainly never increased their standard by such leaps and bounds over their lifetime, they have just gone with the same recipe for ever, and are now suffering for that.
dkpioe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-01-2012, 06:54 PM   #40
kinksta
Luxojet

I am in love. I will definitely test drive one, the auto. If it is good, the G6ET may get worried...
kinksta is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post