Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 25-05-2010, 10:37 PM   #31
Elks
Donating Member
Donating Member3

maybe I'm just lazy.

Mine are both garage queens, and get little use in the wet weather. Not because of any mad obsession bit simply at i need to clean them before putting the away.

The T has a cover and both are on trickle chargers for the batteries. Best $60 ever spent. the things always start and can be switched off when you get somewhere.

T
Old 26-05-2010, 12:04 AM   #32
Interceptor
HSV - I just ate one!

longest my car has ever done unstarted was 3 days...... I'd rolled an ankle and couldnt walk far, nevermind drive a manual, so it didnt move...... was significant enough that the neighbours got worried and called the cops to check on me!
Old 26-05-2010, 08:29 AM   #33
Trevor 57
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

My XP is on a new addition to the stable, but:

It has been washed and polished for the winter months.

I do put a car cover on it to keep the dust off, but I do need to buy a better one.

I am taking it tomorrow to get registered in our names, so I will probably have to drive it in the wet, like I did last Monday for the roadworthy.

It will be a dry weather runner, but if it rains while we are out cruising, I won't loose to much sleep over it.
Old 26-05-2010, 08:46 AM   #34
DBourne
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by PANELCORP
I love winter !!!!

Cold temps, clean air, open roads and good fuel

What more could a genuine revhead ask for ???????
amen!

Off topic: I see you are in the hills area! great place to live
Old 26-05-2010, 10:52 AM   #35
iCat
doof doof doof doof

the sedan was a weekender, but when i had the big bingle in the ute late last year i had to use the sedan as my daily. because i catch a train to work, there was no way i was going to park my sedan at the station (hated doing that with the ute anyway) so investigated buses to the station and found it a quite ok trip. the ute came home a few months later and went straight into the garage to be used on weekends for errands, and the sedan was parked under her doona in the garage for the winter. i hate using the sedan for A-B. she's there to cruize in and as a treat for me.

iCat is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-05-2010, 01:44 PM   #36
Binnie
EB11 falcon GLI

I love to hear about clasics that are driven and not locked up, my not so clasic EB11 comes out to play every two or so weeks, she was my daily and the family car for many years (my father bought her new when i was 3yo), but in the past year i have invested in a newer daily and the EB11 is driven for fun. Im not a huge fan of driving her in the wet but it wont stop me.

FORDS IN THE PARK

FTF Car Club of NSW
Binnie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-05-2010, 02:30 PM   #37
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

When I had the Bugeye it was on the road all months of the year... Still remember the club drive to Little Hartly for breakfast via the Bells line of road. Temp was about 1 degree and I wouldn't want to guess what the wind chill factor was doing 90km/h with no roof and no heating.

I went out the following weekend and bought a plastic lunchbox, a Mitsu' galant heater core, 2 metres of pool pump hose and a 12v computer fan and rigged up a heater for under $100.
Yellow_Festiva is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-05-2010, 03:26 PM   #38
JimNiki
71Mach1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow_Festiva
I went out the following weekend and bought a plastic lunchbox, a Mitsu' galant heater core, 2 metres of pool pump hose and a 12v computer fan and rigged up a heater for under $100.
Is that you McGyver! hehehe

best I've ever done is use the foil from my pack of smokes and put it between the coil lead and the dizzy to get me home on the old XC...
violets are #0000FF
all my base
are belong to you
JimNiki is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-05-2010, 04:09 PM   #39
TICK4D-TAS
Club Moderator

I try and use the car atleast once a month. I dont take it out in the rain, but if i get caught in the rain then its not really a problem.

Its always garaged and i also have one of those padded car covers for it. As others have said it only gets put on after the car has been freshly washed and chammyed. So far i havent had the need for a trickle charger and the car has been left for up to 6 weeks at a time with out starts and 'touch wood' i havent had an issue yet.
TICK4D-TAS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-05-2010, 05:02 PM   #40
2stroksmokr

Hell no. I miss my HR when I had her the heater never turned off. Winters were the months I enjoyed driving it or well the passengers loved it. Ha
2stroksmokr is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-05-2010, 05:24 PM   #41
EgoFG
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

There is an almost perfect looking CL Charger 5.2 in the street in my locale - criminal !
EgoFG is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-05-2010, 06:10 PM   #42
Falcon Coupe
Clevo Mafia Inc.

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF over an extended period of time. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Your tireless efforts behind the scenes in keeping AFF the place it is. 

When did cars from the 90's become classics.......
Falcon Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-05-2010, 06:57 PM   #43
robbyg
72xa

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2stroksmokr
Hell no. I miss my HR when I had her the heater never turned off. Winters were the months I enjoyed driving it or well the passengers loved it. Ha
Cold weather bring it on, no ac in the falcon for the summer months, so i enjoy the colder months also, i think it rains less in winter to for people like meself dislike the rain.

Last edited by robbyg; 26-05-2010 at 07:02 PM.
robbyg is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-05-2010, 08:15 PM   #44
JACK250
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

My XM isn't finished yet, but when it is I will drive the wheels off it, rainy or not
JACK250 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-05-2010, 10:54 PM   #45
VioletGT
Slow Sunday driver

I like winter because i can drive the car without working up a sweat of boxer in the first 5 min. My lady has a rule that if its over 27 degrees in summer she will not come in the car (no a/c).

I stay out of the rain as much as possible because i found with out a demister and poor wipers (compared to new cars) it is not very enjoyable. I also have a harsh changing gear box which tends to spin the wheels just by shifting gears which can get you in all sorts..

Sadly the car is a garage queen now and everything i just wrote means jack.
VioletGT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-05-2010, 08:02 AM   #46
The Yeti
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcon Coupe
When did cars from the 90's become classics.......
A mate of mine hasa VK Berlina on historic rego so it wont be long now

I post images with postimg.cc (so I don’t forget)
The Yeti is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-05-2010, 10:35 AM   #47
Bearman
Moderator Ford Coupe Club

Mine usually gets out once a month or so, less during winter. It lives under a car cover in the garage. A battery tap is the best thing I've ever put on it, just turn it off when I put it away otherwise it'll kill batteries with all the alarms etc on it. It also has an alarm which kicks in when you switch the battery on again.

I try to avoid the rain but coming back from Echuca one day it was the wettest day for years and it was a virtual submarine all the way back. No wet feet or anything else, it was a bit more waterproof than I thought.

http://www.fordcoupeclub.org

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there" George Harrison 2001.
Bearman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-05-2010, 01:55 PM   #48
Neeek
65 Galaxie Hardtop

My wagon blats in and out of the driveway on a daily basis. I wouldn't drive it if it was about to hail or something nasty like that, but anything else goes.

Sure, it frustrates me at times and I sometimes think about ditching it and getting a modern but every morning when I fire it up it brings a smile to my face. I have the loudest car in my street (not the oldest - there's a nice yellow MGA up the road) and I have no plans to relinquish such an honour.

Neeek is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-05-2010, 02:08 PM   #49
TZENU
XY Driv3r

Quote:
Originally Posted by VioletGT
I like winter because i can drive the car without working up a sweat of boxer in the first 5 min. My lady has a rule that if its over 27 degrees in summer she will not come in the car (no a/c).

Agree 100%...... Entered summernats for the first time this year and after a couple of laps I was stuck to the seats!!!
Old 27-05-2010, 07:44 PM   #50
VioletGT
Slow Sunday driver

Yeah way to hot on some days...
VioletGT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post