Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 26-05-2012, 01:28 PM   #31
ratter
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Shares his in-depth tuning knowledge with the forum, very helpful. Contributor: For members who make a contribution worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For his indepth tutorial on adding borders to photographs 
Default Re: Speed limit in UAE

It must be distressing though, seeing all those dead bodies on the side of the road as we all know that speed kills, doesn't it?

Authorised Streetfighter, Pcmtec , SCT & HP Tuners Tuning Agent,
ratter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-05-2012, 02:28 PM   #32
Keepleft
Mot Adv-NSW

They do get some nasty multi-vehicle pileups in seasonal fog, and periodic dustorms, hideous visibility. Many YT vids on this. See also Gulf News.

Like Australia, rear fog lights are 'optional' and few cars have them, so - just like we advertise to do on the NSW F6, - the middle easterners will drive around in such conditions with their hazard_warning_lights flashing! Shame then that those who stop at a crash scene - also have them on, complacency sets in and bang!

Couple all that with lousy lane discipline, tailgating etc, you kinda expect trouble.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hqS4M...eature=related
ORDER FORD AUSTRALIA PART NO: AM6U7J19G329AA. This is a European-UN/AS3790B Spec safety-warning triangle used to give advanced warning to approaching traffic of a vehicle breakdown, or crash scene (to prevent secondary). Stow in the boot area. See your Ford dealer for this $35.95 safety item & when you buy a new Ford, please insist on it! See Page 83, part 4.4.1 http://www.transport.wa.gov.au/media...eSafePart4.pdf
Keepleft is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-05-2012, 03:23 PM   #33
joolz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by MWTB
Meh, I wouldn't call it out yet. Petrol was at $1.39 yesterday and has been going down all week. Wouldn't surprise me.
So it should be dropping going by the price of Tapis crude. Lowest its been in around 5 months.

http://www.bloomberg.com/quote/APCRTAPI:IND
joolz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-05-2012, 05:44 PM   #34
Till_Lind
E-series fan

I remember the max in Qatar being 100 or 110km/h, but then it only took 2 odd hours to cross the entire country, so all you need I think. :P
Old 26-05-2012, 06:41 PM   #35
Perko
Loving The Blown Goodness

Quote:
Originally Posted by MWTB
Meh, I wouldn't call it out yet. Petrol was at $1.39 yesterday and has been going down all week. Wouldn't surprise me.
Jeez that is good. $1.56 today for normal unleaded and I paid $1.68 for BP Ultimate.

Previous 2003 BA XR8 Ute Phantom
Ford Forum Build Thread

The Project 1991 EB XR8 Sedan Monza Red
Project Build Thread
Perko is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-05-2012, 07:28 PM   #36
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perko
Jeez that is good. $1.56 today for normal unleaded and I paid $1.68 for BP Ultimate.
$1.35 for 91, $1.50 for Ultimate today in Nambour
flappist is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post