Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 14-05-2006, 06:41 PM   #31
Dave_au
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

This old chestnut thread topic has popped up again.

There's nothing fundamentally wrong with the 380 as a car, there is nothing fundamentally wrong with front wheel drive either.

What's fundamentally wrong is the belief that Mitsubishi are about to go bankrupt - I personally believe this is not the case however as globally, Mitsubishi just made a 3rd quarter profit and has the financial support and backing of the other mitsubishi companies - including Mitsubishi Tokyo Marine - Japan's equivalent of Macquarie bank, and Nikon.

MMC and MMAL are also on the verge of releasing some new models too- a brand new Outlander, which should be available in a 3L 6 speed auto, and the new lancer is just around the corner.

On the domestic front, its funny how a decade ago the saying was "Australian's only buy rear wheel drive cars", now it's "Australian's only buy large rear wheel drive cars". Whats next? Well, consider the large car market is down 12% year to date, and increasing sales of the smaller sized cars is increasing, your going to have less and less rwd vehicles on the road going forward.

Corolla beat Falcon last month, and Mazda 3 missed out on beating falcon by 8 sales. Holden is selling strong despite the current car being the run out model. Camry remains steady, and 380 is slowly increasing it's market share. 380 sales for the month were 1,040 - its also worthy to note that this was before the new pricing takes effect.
Dave_au is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-05-2006, 06:54 PM   #32
Disco1986

I The only magna/ 308 I would ever consider buying would have to be the all wheel drive VRX they made a few years about, it was the only thing it had over Holden and ford! Just imagine a VRX turbo or ralliart version, and I believe one of the 380s big weaknesses is front wheel drive that factor alone puts me off!
Disco1986 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post