Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 04-02-2011, 11:56 PM   #31
fmc351
let it burn

Jew cant be serious.

I for one, welcome our new alien overlords.
fmc351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-02-2011, 09:28 AM   #32
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Quote:
Originally Posted by nstg8a
when they come, and i have no doubt they will come, it will be in a scenario like this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VbQqCczEcTo

man is a vicious blood thirsty species... there will be no 'we come in peace'
Oh MAN... that has just gone to the top of the must see list this year.

In regards to the OP's video. With so much computing power and software easily available to the home user nothing can be proven as true these days.

I love anything UFO / ET / X-Files... Whatever. Have a book on 'Project Bluebook' and a lot of the images shown in that trailer could have come from that book.

I remember reading that are only 2 or 3 events that will unite the world and stop all our petty bickering. An alien invasion is one of them.

The truth is out there
Yellow_Festiva is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-02-2011, 09:35 AM   #33
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Quote:
Originally Posted by BJ
What i don't get is why they would want to come to some backward world like ours???? Sort of like a canoe trip in the Ozarks if you ask me, just asking for trouble.
Why do we spend millions / billions trying to get to the deepest chasms of the ocean? The farthest reaches of our solar system? And for what?

The aliens may have dug up artefacts from their civilisation tens of thousands of years ago and may need help putting an ICE together and tuning it to run on ancient liquid power lol.
Old 05-02-2011, 03:50 PM   #34
gtfpv
GT

as human curiosity never diminishes . we should search our own planet a little more as well as space .
we dont have the technology to build a pyramid today they say . what we should do is pull them down bit by bit , and see what we find . also if there are ANY D.U.M.B.S.
human built deep underground mass bunkers / underground cities etc . if they are there at all we need to get in and show the public . if they exist .
if aliens arent out there / and people are going crazy with conspiracies , then the govt of the world need to put some scientific sanity back into the nations before we go complete bonkers as a human society .
conspiries make us dumb . we need to prove aor disprove them and all get on the same page .
gtfpv is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-02-2011, 04:01 PM   #35
Windsor220
Now Fordless

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtfpv
as human curiosity never diminishes . we should search our own planet a little more as well as space .
we dont have the technology to build a pyramid today they say . what we should do is pull them down bit by bit , and see what we find . also if there are ANY D.U.M.B.S.
human built deep underground mass bunkers / underground cities etc . if they are there at all we need to get in and show the public . if they exist .
if aliens arent out there / and people are going crazy with conspiracies , then the govt of the world need to put some scientific sanity back into the nations before we go complete bonkers as a human society .
conspiries make us dumb . we need to prove aor disprove them and all get on the same page .
Actually I was watching a show ages ago that showed how they built the pyramids. So it wasnt aliens after all.
Windsor220 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-02-2011, 04:06 PM   #36
gtfpv
GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windsor220
Actually I was watching a show ages ago that showed how they built the pyramids. So it wasnt aliens after all.
i wasnt suggesting aliens built it .
gtfpv is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-02-2011, 05:10 PM   #37
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
i wasnt suggesting aliens built it .
Well it sure wasn't a Government job, otherwise they'd still be in the committee/consultation stage
Old 05-02-2011, 08:17 PM   #38
Rodp
Regular Schmuck

Quote:
we dont have the technology to build a pyramid today they say
I've got to call bollocks on that. I believe they've built a 1/40th exact replica of the largest pyramid in ~100 days. What about the pyramids that make it impossible to build today?
Rodp is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-02-2011, 01:33 AM   #39
TheInterceptor
Cruising...

Ask yourself this, in the whole universe, the massive massive unimaginable expanse of the universe, are there really only just petty humans on a blob of blue in a small system, and that is all?

Subaru Outback '02
TheInterceptor is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-02-2011, 08:49 AM   #40
Rodp
Regular Schmuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheInterceptor
Ask yourself this, in the whole universe, the massive massive unimaginable expanse of the universe, are there really only just petty humans on a blob of blue in a small system, and that is all?
I'd hate to think we're the leaders in the intelligence stakes..
Old 06-02-2011, 12:42 PM   #41
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodp
I was told we aren't. Apparently all the REALLY smart ones are on streetcommodores.com.au. Well that is what the word in aroung the macca's car park anyway....

But seriously the biggest threat we have from aliens landing is the reaction of religious groups especially fundamentalists.
flappist is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-02-2011, 03:18 PM   #42
boss-290

It's as fake as Bert Newtons hair!
Old 06-02-2011, 09:03 PM   #43
BHDOGS
Banned

Its not impossible to travel vast distances in short amounts of time science is already coming up with ways to do it the technology just isnt there yet it use to be impossible to fly reach the moon or travel to the ocean depths now we can send particles at almost the speed of light creating parts of the original big bang im sure in a couple hundred years we will be well on our way there.
BHDOGS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-02-2011, 09:40 PM   #44
Rodp
Regular Schmuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by BHDOGS
Its not impossible to travel vast distances in short amounts of time science is already coming up with ways to do it the technology just isnt there yet it use to be impossible to fly reach the moon or travel to the ocean depths now we can send particles at almost the speed of light creating parts of the original big bang im sure in a couple hundred years we will be well on our way there.
The speed isn't the problem, it's the acceleration. Our bodies can only sustain a few g's for a relatively short period of time. In order to reach any decent speed in a reasonable time, any life on board would have to tolerate g forces beyond what it is capable for months, if not years. Repeat the process when you want to stop.

Alternatively, we would have to discover a way for a craft to accelerate while the occupants weren't subjected to the meat mincing forces within.
Old 06-02-2011, 10:40 PM   #45
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Quote:
The speed isn't the problem, it's the acceleration. Our bodies can only sustain a few g's for a relatively short period of time. In order to reach any decent speed in a reasonable time, any life on board would have to tolerate g forces beyond what it is capable for months, if not years. Repeat the process when you want to stop.

Alternatively, we would have to discover a way for a craft to accelerate while the occupants weren't subjected to the meat mincing forces within.
Easy. Freeze em solid and strap em in tight!. Just need to work out the thawing out bit.
Old 06-02-2011, 10:55 PM   #46
Jim Goose
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

G forces only are a worry on earth... and its like you said, only affects you during high acceleration, once the acceleration slows or stops it returns back to normal G force of one.... there is no gravity in space.

Don't write off the Goose until you see the box going into the hole....
Jim Goose is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-02-2011, 10:56 PM   #47
Windsor220
Now Fordless

Just ask someone from Star Trek how they done it.
Windsor220 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-02-2011, 11:46 PM   #48
burnz
VFII SS UTE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Goose
G forces only are a worry on earth... and its like you said, only affects you during high acceleration, once the acceleration slows or stops it returns back to normal G force of one.... there is no gravity in space.
issac newton begs to differ..
burnz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-02-2011, 11:49 PM   #49
Rodp
Regular Schmuck

Quote:
The G Forces I am talking about are due to acceleration, not gravity. Accelerating on Earth or in space, the same forces apply. I think you've been watching too much Star Trek.

No gravity in space? Gravity is everywhere. What do you think causes the Moon to orbit the Earth or the Earth to orbit the Sun?
Old 07-02-2011, 12:41 AM   #50
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

Well that explains why all the planets have wandered off around the universe and don't rotate around the Sun......
Old 07-02-2011, 11:14 AM   #51
Rodp
Regular Schmuck

http://www.news.com.au/technology/je...-1226001218068
Old 07-02-2011, 12:32 PM   #52
aussie muscle
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitro XR6
Makes you wonder? What do people think?
makes me wonder what they were smoking...

you don't see any high quality ufo sightings because that makes them too easy to identify as fake.

my local town had a 'ufo sighting', a couple older ladies had a few too many at the golf club and saw a red light chasing them. it was the red light my father had installed on the top of his very high tv antenna
Old 07-02-2011, 02:08 PM   #53
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

That may be quite interesting if it is in fact the case.

After the Orsen Wells "War of the Worlds" fiasco USA have some VERY strong laws about this sort of thing.
Old 07-02-2011, 02:23 PM   #54
Bud Bud
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by GasOLane
Well it sure wasn't a Government job, otherwise they'd still be in the committee/consultation stage
And they would have dropped one side making it a triangle or turned it into a table top half way through the build to save money as well!

Bud Bud
Bud Bud is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-02-2011, 02:31 PM   #55
Mesa
Donating Member
Donating Member2

Ironically pay tv was playing an episode of Futurama today where they land on a planet inhabited by Amazon women needing 'schnoo schnoo'. Co-incidence??? Maybe they do exsist!!!
Another theory is the promise of 'a thousand virgins' for certain activities on that part of the globe necessitated in re-stocking.
Mesa is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-02-2011, 04:36 PM   #56
irlewy86
Meep Meep

Quote:
Originally Posted by GasOLane
Actually I've read some theories that the Pyramids were an early "work for the dole"

No wonder everything that wasn't bolted down was stolen.
Old 07-02-2011, 06:29 PM   #57
trippytaka
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Word to that. God help us is humans are the best of the bunch!
trippytaka is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-02-2011, 11:50 PM   #58
rodderz

haha... it looks really real too!

If spaceships were real there would be quality footage, in this day and age of camera phones etc. Same goes for ghosts, demons, leprechauns, and billy goats under the bridge. Every supposed piece of footage is either blurry or has some kind of blemish in it, or looks insanely fake.
rodderz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-02-2011, 02:35 AM   #59
Rodp
Regular Schmuck

You'd also think they'd have better things to do than stick probes up **** passages of alcoholic hicks in Kentucky. Seems a long way to travel to get your Walmart freak on.
Old 12-02-2011, 02:52 PM   #60
Van D
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

My view is that ET's are in another dimension and that most orbs and strange lights etc are consciousness/energy.

I've had a few white light experiences and have been with greys/annunaki with the big eyes
Holden made the decision to make thier utes for pretty boys years ago. Wannabe tradesman drive them. If my son came home and told me he bought a holden ute I would struggle to come to grips with the fact he is a homosexual.
Van D is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post