Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 29-11-2006, 02:28 PM   #31
LTDHO
The one and only

Good to hear the police being proactive and explaining it to you.

The $77 fine may seem rough, but you could have got done for alot more. So you got off lightly.

The Driving/Fog lights have well and truely been done to death... I can see the thread being closed if the legality of such lights remains the topic.

Good work by the police!
Other cars include Dynamic ED Sprint, Dynamic DL LTD, Sparkling Burgundy DL LTD, Yellow, Red & Blue XB sedan & Black XB Coupe
LTDHO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-11-2006, 02:31 PM   #32
photn
AFF Post NAZI

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTDHO
Good to hear the police being proactive and explaining it to you.

The $77 fine may seem rough, but you could have got done for alot more. So you got off lightly.

The Driving/Fog lights have well and truely been done to death... I can see the thread being closed if the legality of such lights remains the topic.

Good work by the police!
yer i dont care much about the legality of the Fogs nor will i pursue it, and i hope no one else allows it to escelate to the point of the thread being closed.

im just going to pay the fine, which is no biggie and thats it.

i just wanted to express that not all police are shit heads.

photn is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-11-2006, 02:43 PM   #33
plext
Forum Director

Quote:
Originally Posted by photn
you have no idea.....in regards to camelot ware abouts do you live. rapleys loop side or bobs side. little house near the bridge or the one with the concealed driveway lol. i remember reading some 1 selling there Xr6 El up there.
Actually, three quarters the way up the hill past Rapleys Loop. Shows how far gone the guy was, if it was the first property he could find.
plext is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-11-2006, 02:47 PM   #34
photn
AFF Post NAZI

Quote:
Originally Posted by plext
Actually, three quarters the way up the hill past Rapleys Loop. Shows how far gone the guy was, if it was the first property he could find.
Damn that was HEAPS FAR......shoot dude... that is a far way. like at least 2 Km......

i live obviously on rapleys loop road lol, bottom half. once you get to the top of the hill on the bottom half and start to go down . look to your left. House being Built is my parents. so yer...

But yer recently there has been alot of police in camden area.

Old 29-11-2006, 02:57 PM   #35
BlackLS

Camden cops I find are OK. Mac Fields GDs are alright as well. Its E.V. Hwy Patrol and C'town police you have to wear the halo ring above your head around them
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-11-2006, 03:16 PM   #36
photn
AFF Post NAZI

yer this is the second time iver ever been pulled over at all. im normally quite a placid driver. though i do like to talk to the radio and sometimes yell at it hehehehe

but as i said im normally quite placid.

Old 29-11-2006, 03:44 PM   #37
needaXYGT
AU II XR8

yes, amazingly, there are some nice policeman around!
needaXYGT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-11-2006, 09:50 PM   #38
james_1020
Starter Motor

Thats crap about the fine i havn't heard of anyone getting fined for it I have been pulled up for the same thing but was giving a warning and I have also noticed the increase of cops in the camden area it ****ed me off today as I picked up my new car and in the time that I was enjoying my new ride i passed 11 cops but i guess there only there to help and protect us
james_1020 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-11-2006, 10:07 PM   #39
zetec
Zoom Zoom

First and only ever time I have been pulled over was when I was doing about 67-70km/h in a 60 zone on a road that feels safe at 80km/h. But the law is the law. Cops had been following me in an unmarked Magna AWD and I didn't suspect a thing until they came right up my bum and I couldn't slow down (confirming my speed no doubt without using a radar), then after a few seconds hit the christmas lights and pulled me over.

Nice young fella walks up, asks if I'm in a hurry, I politely said "no sir" and handed over my licence. He wandered back to the car after checking the rego sticker on the windscreen and after about 30 seconds to a minute, came back and asked me who the car belonged to, I said my mother (registered business in her name only, but my car since day one and I pay all the bills!!) so he was happy with that and just told me to take it easy and not hurry anywhere, probably because I have a 100% clean record in 7 years of driving have never had a single issue, fine, ticket or anything. He wished me a good night and let me go.

To be honest, I kind of expected my first incident (if ever) would have been as such, given my clean record and relatively normal car, plus having been told to be very polite, honest and courteous to the officer. Glad I didn't get a ticket of course, but I learnt more than I would have if the officer had fined me and treated me like a criminal. Subsequently, I'm much more careful on that road and do my best to stick to the limit at all times so he succeeded in installing a little more common sense into me without having to fine me.
Old 29-11-2006, 10:40 PM   #40
photn
AFF Post NAZI

i agree with you there Zetec. it was mighty nice of him not to fine me apart from the foggies which i find funny now cause i recal he had his on....anyway i believe the same...i was poilite and courteous and answered every question truthfully. i agree that its the best way to install some common sense which it has. it was a good learning curve you might say....will be taking things a little more easier with more Common sense from now on.

Old 29-11-2006, 10:45 PM   #41
phat_stak_tipa
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by mowog
Sounds like you were treated fairly...

I wish the Police would fine more people for the Fog Light thing...

what is peoples hatred for fog lights?????

anyway dude, if you call 45 50 in a 60 zone cornering to fast.....then somethings wrong......you were under the speed limit.....are the corners posted with a "suggested" speed.....
phat_stak_tipa is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-11-2006, 11:40 PM   #42
Piotr
Non-Regular Member

I must say both times I have been pulled over and fined the cops have been very nice about it. Sure they coulda let me off but if it wasn't for the police giving me my first fine (Speeding) I wouldn't be surprised if I became another P plater statistic by now. He pulled me over, asked if I had an excuse to speed and gave me the fine. No 1hour lecture, No nonsense.

My 2nd fine I understand again. Simply the law I had no way out.

Every cop I have talked to has been very nice. When I get RBT'd (happens very often coming back from work) they are cool about it and notice im going home from work and send me off without so much as asking for my licence. Ive been stopped for numerous other things not driving related and again they have been cool about everything.
Piotr is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-11-2006, 11:51 PM   #43
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by phat_stak_tipa

anyway dude, if you call 45 50 in a 60 zone cornering to fast.....then somethings wrong......you were under the speed limit.....are the corners posted with a "suggested" speed.....
I generally find fog lights not to be annoying with the exception of a few. I never use my ones though.

As for cornering speeds, just because the zone is 60 doesn't neccesarily mean that's applicable to every bend in the road. Common sense is what is needed.

You could take a corner at 60 (or any posted limit) when it is too much for it, crash and never have broken the speed limit, but I'd bet you could still get done for something.

I usually take corners about 15ks higher than what's suggested unless it is higher than the speed limit, only because I know my car is well and trully capable of doing so.
MITCHAY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-11-2006, 11:59 PM   #44
070mstg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polyal
Seriously fellas, the fog light thing has been done to death.
yes guys it has, so if everyone WILL JUST LEAVE THEMN OFF- ITS DAYTIME AND FOG??WHERE'S THE FOG? then we'll all be happy.
070mstg is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-11-2006, 08:37 AM   #45
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

Quote:

The corner is actually a double intersection on a stretch of country road.

When coming off Oran Park Rd onto the Northern rd ... it's a T intersection and you need to go left onto the Northern Rd (90 deg lefthander) ... and then a 90 deg right hander immediately after it to get onto Cobbity Rd.

45-50 kays around those is a decent speed indeed ... you just hope there's no traffic when you get onto the Northern Rd .... but you can see for ages though.

If I tried doing 60kays out of that intersection I'd have the ute all over the road ... probably through the intersection and through the fence as well.
Mechan1k is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-11-2006, 09:54 AM   #46
photn
AFF Post NAZI

Quote:

they where intersections......and the posted speed limit was 80

Old 30-11-2006, 12:15 PM   #47
BlackLS

Sattilite image of the roads

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=e...t=h&iwloc=addr
Old 30-11-2006, 12:23 PM   #48
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

The maps are getting better ... found my old house in Camden South.

Looking at the map of Northern Road ... i didn't realise how much distance there was between the junctions of Cobbity Rd.
Old 30-11-2006, 12:28 PM   #49
photn
AFF Post NAZI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechan1k
The maps are getting better ... found my old house in Camden South.

Looking at the map of Northern Road ... i didn't realise how much distance there was between the junctions of Cobbity Rd.
it certanly doesnt feel like much......but there is heaps of road especially comming out of oran park side of cobbity road

if you turn off the map option and just purely look at the road. you can see that there is heaps of room to swing and take the corners. and i dont think that there are anysigns there either.

Old 30-11-2006, 01:32 PM   #50
Lightning Strike GT
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Why does the map go blurry near the SW freeway I was trying to find my old house in Bradbury near the pool
And an 2019 MD Mondeo Trend Wagon in Platinum White
Lightning Strike GT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-11-2006, 02:30 PM   #51
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

I get the same at Kurrajong ... I can't zoom in further.
Although there was another URL for satelite images that I could zoom in further on my house.
Old 30-11-2006, 02:36 PM   #52
BlackLS

Its a bit scarey the detail of google maps. Type in your address including state and Australia.

I'll find your block of land with property borders...
Old 30-11-2006, 02:40 PM   #53
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

I can find it with Google Maps ... but not a detailed photo ... just property borders only. There was another site I used the other week that showed much better detail than Google Maps though.