Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 31-08-2009, 10:51 AM   #31
5tumpy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Venom
Being a rental car and working in the industry the rego was most likely paid on the 18th and then the car being registed in a company name the label will go to head office then then be posted out to the location where the car is usually rented from.

Where i was it wasnt uncommon to see rental ca with rego labels 2 months out of date due to the car having Vic rego and being part of the brisbane airports regular fleet of cars
Hey Guys!

Just got off the phone to them... This was exactly the case... The car is registered, but they haven't got the sticker yet, being in Sydney and the car is registered in Qld. They said that if I am fined or have any trouble with the police, they will deal with it and pay the fines, so I'm happy.
5tumpy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-08-2009, 02:16 PM   #32
MondeoManiac
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by swanny
Logistically it's stupid to pay for rego renewal on the day of expiry, and expect a sticker the same day.
Unless you're in SA and pay over the counter... They print a new sticker on the spot and give it to you then and there. I guess that's one thing our government gets right!
Old 31-08-2009, 03:07 PM   #33
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by MondeoManiac
Unless you're in SA and pay over the counter... They print a new sticker on the spot and give it to you then and there. I guess that's one thing our government gets right!
They have a counter in Coober Pedy, Leigh Creek and Nundroo?

Or do you mean in Adelaide, the capital city of South Australia which like the capital cities (and many major cities) in most other states will give you the sticker and/or plates on the spot?
flappist is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-08-2009, 05:43 PM   #34
MondeoManiac
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by flappist
They have a counter in Coober Pedy, Leigh Creek and Nundroo?

Or do you mean in Adelaide, the capital city of South Australia which like the capital cities (and many major cities) in most other states will give you the sticker and/or plates on the spot?
I mean over the counter at any Service SA centre, which is in many country locations. Or they can be paid at any Australia Post outlet and are then mailed out within 10 days. I have used this option a few times and have never had to wait more than 3 days.

In SA the receipt for the rego payment can be used to prove payment until the sticker arrives, but must be displayed in the vehicle.
Old 01-09-2009, 09:18 PM   #35
csv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
In Qld you can also put them on a fixed window on the left hand side of the vehicle.
Don't do it if you have windows tinted, It won't come off without damaging the tint.
Old 01-09-2009, 09:43 PM   #36
Riksta
Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Quote:
Originally Posted by GasOLane
I'm afraid I dont see anything stupid about them. Two scenes come to mind when they are usefull...

Your in a crash and you notice that the other car is out of rego, bingo, you win. With no label who knows?

A police car notices you rego label and can instantly see if it's current. No label means a call to the radio room, who then comes back with the car, and your, complete driving history. Which may or may not be a good thing
I can also think of another - as it actually happened to a mate of mine.

He paid the rego for one of his cars (had been out of rego for a while getting work done and stuff in his shed) on a Friday afternoon to take out Friday night, at a ServiceSA place where you get the sticker straight away.

On Friday night we were cruising, get pulled over by a nice officer asking him if he had a permit to be driving an unregistered vehicle. Must have run the plates at the red light (car in question kind of stands out!).

Turns out it takes a while for it to update from the registration computers to the police. As far as the officer was concerned, it was showing up unregistered on his system. Lucky for my mate he had the sticker on to prove it, was given a breath test and we were told to have a good night.

God knows what would have happened if he had have paid over the net, and not printed the receipt, how would you prove it if their system says its not registered when it actually is?
Originally Posted by Nikked
Riksta likes VN's so much, he has the ashes of a VN in a jar on the mantle piece, a vile of VN engine oil hanging from his neck and a BT1 build plate locked up in a safe, buried under 6ft of concrete.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Day-mow
pretty much what has happened here is i trolled you. and it was fun.
Riksta is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-09-2009, 09:56 PM   #37
Captain Stubing
Looking for clues...
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by csv8
Don't do it if you have windows tinted, It won't come off without damaging the tint.

Okay, thanks for the warning ;)
and... a collection of Jeep Towpigs
and... two collections of rust and some new plastic bits roughly shaped like an F-Truck
and.... some spare metal bits with holes in them
Captain Stubing is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-09-2009, 10:31 PM   #38
Jastel
Donating Member
Donating Member1

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Has much experience with taxis and always jumps on here to explain things simply and help out the new guys in B-series and Contemporary... 

In Qld it is also an offence to have NO rego sticker on the car
So unless you live in BNE and pay over the counter, or pay 2 at least 2weeks before it is due you wont have a sticker

So either way you break the law
Carry a receipt to prove you paid it and the top half of the current rego certificate (that you just paid) and you shouldn't have any problems

I have had the police tell me to take the old one off, thus making my car illegal by having NO sticker so I dont think they enforce it too much so long as you can prove you are waiting for the postman to arrive

If you can prove it is paid they will not go any further usually

Unless you fail the ATTITUDE test.
Jastel is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-09-2009, 10:38 PM   #39
XR6_190
BF XR6, oh yeah!!

Does this mean Victoria is the only state that currently sends out the new sticker with the Rego renewal forms?
Old 01-09-2009, 11:36 PM   #40
dave351cid
playing in my big shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfiipursuit
Whats the story with everyone putting rego stickers in the top left hand corner of the windscreen (passengers side)? I thought it had to be put on the bottom??
QLD = bottom LH corner of windscreen or fixed window on LHS of car
NSW = bottom or top LH corner of windscreen or fixed window on LHS of car.(unless they have changed it recently)

"Don't do it if you have windows tinted, It won't come off without damaging the tint."
its also illegal to put your sticker on tinted glass as it makes it hard to read them.

QLD transport haven`t discovered the technology to print lables onsite or before payment yet. they only discovered credit card and paying online in the last couple of years.
`04 BA XR6 Turbo sedan. Blueprint. auto, Leather trim.
`03 BA XLS ute . Acid Rush, factory lpg, auto,
`48 TEA20 Grey Ferguson,
`62 Willys 6-230 , 4x4 light truck
`04 Yamaha TTR 250

Last edited by dave351cid; 01-09-2009 at 11:47 PM.
dave351cid is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-09-2009, 11:44 PM   #41
Captain Stubing
Looking for clues...
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jastel
In Qld it is also an offence to have NO rego sticker on the car
So unless you live in BNE and pay over the counter, or pay 2 at least 2weeks before it is due you wont have a sticker

So either way you break the law
Carry a receipt to prove you paid it and the top half of the current rego certificate (that you just paid) and you shouldn't have any problems

I have had the police tell me to take the old one off, thus making my car illegal by having NO sticker so I dont think they enforce it too much so long as you can prove you are waiting for the postman to arrive

If you can prove it is paid they will not go any further usually

Unless you fail the ATTITUDE test.
Noooo.... You can have proof of payment. The law does allow for the period during registration renewal or new registration, a receipt for payment is good to have if you're pulled over. Old labels should be removed as soon as practicable.
and... a collection of Jeep Towpigs
and... two collections of rust and some new plastic bits roughly shaped like an F-Truck
and.... some spare metal bits with holes in them
Captain Stubing is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-09-2009, 01:15 PM   #42
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR6_190
Does this mean Victoria is the only state that currently sends out the new sticker with the Rego renewal forms?
See post 7
Old 02-09-2009, 04:40 PM   #43
Jastel
Donating Member
Donating Member1

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Has much experience with taxis and always jumps on here to explain things simply and help out the new guys in B-series and Contemporary... 

Quote:
Noooo.... You can have proof of payment. The law does allow for the period during registration renewal or new registration, a receipt for payment is good to have if you're pulled over. Old labels should be removed as soon as practicable.

Maybe you should tell the police that then....

I have been checked numerous times over the years and its always "AHA!! Not registered" I show them proof of payment and it is then "well take the old sticker off"

When I ask about the next police man I see pulling me over because I have no sticker on its "mumblemumble" and "on your way then".

It is not often police can read the date on the sticker from beside the road or in another car but they can read the month normally ( it is a larger number for non Qlders) and can definitely see if you have NO sticker and will pull you over for that.

I get sick of being pulled over 5 times a night because I have no sticker, I am talking taxis here where you can get checked several times a night at RBT's and on ranks.
Jastel is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-09-2009, 05:29 PM   #44
irlewy86
Meep Meep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaz
As of Jan 1 WA is doing away with Rego stickers! woop woop..

That's gotta be a first for WA! being proactive over something stupid like a rego label.

Not as though they are losing anything though. They don't print any information on the current stickers as it is.