Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 20-04-2007, 07:51 PM   #31
HLC
Audi S3

i checekd out the site then. and apps have closed... ill fill one in for next year/2008. because i want to finish my degree first haha
Old 20-04-2007, 11:19 PM   #32
XRated
Shoot.

I got invited to complete an online test tonight! Whu-hu!!

20V Turbo

XRated is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-04-2007, 11:10 AM   #33
MX837M-GE
Starter Motor

I have also applied with marketing & sales for the grad program, and have to do the online test.

I applied for the m&s co-op program last year and had 3 interviews (!), then did'nt hear from them for months while they were busy restructuring. Was not surprised I did not get a position under Ford's circumstances at the time, however I really appreciated the interview experience! But given the lack of information forthcoming for other peoples experiences as well, this is an area Ford could probably pay a bit of attention to in future?

Everyone I know who has done the co-op program has had an absolute blast. I find it interesting though that Ford do not generally give informal offers of employment outside the grad program to co-op 'alumni'. Even slow moving government departments do it...

Good luck everyone!
MX837M-GE is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-04-2007, 03:01 PM   #34
jason_85

Well i got an message today saying i had progressed to the next stage involving an assesment at the training centre ...... Unfortunately it is way tooo $$$$ to go!

Especially when i will prob sit in a room with a hundred others

Good luck to everyone that goes!
jason_85 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-04-2007, 07:08 PM   #35
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason_85
Well i got an message today saying i had progressed to the next stage involving an assesment at the training centre ...... Unfortunately it is way tooo $$$$ to go!

Especially when i will prob sit in a room with a hundred others

Good luck to everyone that goes!
Mate thats not good. Borrow some money, its worth a crack if you think you have what it takes. Trust me, if you have personality, and are not a nufty you have a chance, there are so many things you get assessed on.
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Polyal is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-04-2007, 09:15 PM   #36
jason_85

Yeah i know would be good, will definatelky think about it more but paying $1000 for a another assessment thing is alot of money, especially seen as though its the first place i have heard back from
jason_85 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-04-2007, 09:34 PM   #37
lukey
www.lukehimself.net

Good luck everyone. I'm interested in applying for the co-op next year and hopefully I get in I'm not really bothered what company it's with, as long as its in the automotive industry. I might be able to get something from Village Roadshow for the year work experience as I work for Village and they're a pretty big company across Australia and the world.

My friend had a book which listed all the companies that have graduate programs, like a yearly guidebook. Does anyone know where I can get one of these?
Old 28-04-2007, 11:44 AM   #38
MX837M-GE
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukey
Good luck everyone. I'm interested in applying for the co-op next year and hopefully I get in I'm not really bothered what company it's with, as long as its in the automotive industry. I might be able to get something from Village Roadshow for the year work experience as I work for Village and they're a pretty big company across Australia and the world.

My friend had a book which listed all the companies that have graduate programs, like a yearly guidebook. Does anyone know where I can get one of these?
This book is always at career fairs and what-not at uni. They have a website also:

www.graduateopportunities.com

Congrats to those who heard back from Ford. No word here one way or the other as yet.
MX837M-GE is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post