Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 11-11-2009, 09:54 PM   #31
LOCO XP
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

My daily is an EH Holden wagon, which was put back into its regular duties after a knob backed into my $2000 '93 4cyl Magna, which otherwise had been proving hard to kill. Gotta say it would be nice to have aircon in this heat, and the 186 is a little thirsty.... Constantly upgrading parts to keep her going (carb rebuild, replaced dizzy with a VK elec setup for $50, $20 hi-torque starter etc).... Slowly ironing out the bugs but loving it
LOCO XP is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-11-2009, 10:10 PM   #32
Aulpgute

About to buy an FG F6 as a weekend toy but day to day wouldnt give up my 05 Hilux dual cab 2wd 4.0 on SVI LPG for anything. Have softened the rear leaves, fitted Kluger 19's, does 450kms for $35 with the same interior space as the wife's BA Futura. Until you have lived with a Toyota as one of your fleet you dont know how boringly brilliant they are!
Aulpgute is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-11-2009, 12:38 AM   #33
ST
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by oopsiownaf100
Im a big ford fan
i have an effy. i will shoot myselfwhen ford stops making the str8 six.

However my daily drive is an 04 Hundy accent i have owned since new. my little red hatch has been allover this country and im talking real nasty roads out past thargominda n stuff. She has never misseed a beat dispite the fact i never take her to the dealer n do all the servicing myself...

i goto say its a effin tuff little thing.

So does anyone else out there want to admit driving one of these or similar supposedly crappy cars, even though u luv fords??? i cant be the only one here...
I love how this guy types exactly how he would actually talk, horrible abbreviations and all.

My daily drive has always been and will always be (as long as fuel prices are affordable) a Falcon. Actually if a decent bike comes up in the future at the right price the situation might change.
Old 12-11-2009, 08:59 AM   #34
Polyal
The 'Stihl' Man
Donating Member2

Yeap Im in the category aswell. Ive always had falcons but got married and the partner had the barina. Its actually a good little car (opel version), the falcon is used for longer family trips.

More and more I see little point in having a really nice car as a daily, gets dirty, people dint it, even the barina got keyed (the whole length of the car!). If that ever happened to a nice car, FPV or alike, then id be out for blood.
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Polyal is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-11-2009, 10:27 AM   #35
platinumXR
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tweeked
My daily driver is crappier!

Its a Plain White 2003 Camry 4 cyl auto. nearly 800km out of a tank every week! It is the most boring car ever built. It has not got a soul. I call it the dishwasher. A very handy, efficient whitegood.

Toys:
2017.5 LZ Focus RS, Magnetic Grey my new pocket rocket
2008 BF2 RTV Ute
1993 EB2 S-XR8 Sedan, Platinum, manual (now sold)
1975 XB Fairmont GS Sedan, Tropic Gold...or Starlight Blue...not sure yet...(SOLD)
platinumXR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-11-2009, 10:30 AM   #36
platinumXR
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter.

I'm guilty too...'04 Peugeot 206 XR....750+ km's out of a 50 litre tank is why though...but the missus will get that soon and I'll get an FG ute methinks...she needs the Pocket Rocket more than I do.

Toys:
2017.5 LZ Focus RS, Magnetic Grey my new pocket rocket
2008 BF2 RTV Ute
1993 EB2 S-XR8 Sedan, Platinum, manual (now sold)
1975 XB Fairmont GS Sedan, Tropic Gold...or Starlight Blue...not sure yet...(SOLD)
platinumXR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post