Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 10-12-2010, 10:05 AM   #31
DanielXR8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Like Ford will be surprised when the new diesel Terri undersells their estimates. Years late and being bullt on a lousy reputation that Ford earned the car with the rust and ball joint fiasco. Like how could they of predicted that complete and utter mismanagement of the current car and customers would have a flow on affect to future sales? Who knew.

Its not like FG is affected by the B series cars reputation or anything. Customers love to come back and buy into a brand to see if they will get burn't again.

Really Ford management have a hard time getting out of their own way.

Meanwhile the dealers seem to think that its Ford Australia's responsibility to "bring back the good old days" of the big three for them and the profits that dad use to make in the dealership. While their contribution stops at a new Ford sign and a car hoist in the service reception area. Surprisingly thats not working either.

Hopefully the new guy will get a vote of no confidence from the dealers in the next couple of months. If he does, we know he understands one of Fords big problems in this country and is trying to fix it - the dealers.

I'm hoping he is mates with Marin and has been briefed on what needs to be done. Marin Burela certainly seemed to have a good idea of what needed to be done. Terri debacle aside, which I suspect was driven by a lack of cash at Ford, he did start letting the engineers fix some long term problems in the Terri and Falcon. Here is hoping the new guy keeps up with the work that is still to be done.

Dan

Last edited by DanielXR8; 10-12-2010 at 10:16 AM.
DanielXR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-12-2010, 10:41 AM   #32
sandmanls1

perhaps they can take a lead from their American cousins.

http://www.autoblog.com/2010/12/09/f...oyalty-survey/
Old 10-12-2010, 10:49 AM   #33
Brazen
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

My wish list for new guy:

*Bring back RTV
*Keep wagon going on Euro4 as fleet vehicle (use Green Car funding)
*Start seeking export opportunities for Falcon
*Develop a larger range for Territory once diesel arrives (off-road version)
*Have more variants of Falcon ute (column shift option across more models, Hi-Rider on base)
*Properly solve the Territory ball joint problem for current owners so they are confident to upgrade to the new model.

Get rid of the awful "Comparisons Welcome"....WTF? Has Ford turned into Kia or Proton??, Ford amazing rich and interesting history and connections with Australia.. and this is the best campaign they can come up with? You have to go after the heart, not the head.

Toyota is "oh what a feeling", Mazda is "Zoom Zoom" you have to have an emotional connection with buyers.. "Comparisons Welcome" (shakes head), reminds me of Mitsubishi's disastrous "Please Consider".

I honestly think the dealers arnt that bad, they are just like any Toyota or Holden dealer. Ford dealers are independently managed anyway so whats the coincidence that all the bad DPs all run Ford dealers?? If its true, there is a systemic problem with Ford AU itself, not the dealers.
Brazen is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-12-2010, 11:56 AM   #34
Joe5619
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

There seems to be a lot of experts on this website. But they are writing nothing but BS if you ask me.

Tying managing a multi-million dollar business with thousands of peoples lively hood involved & see how you go!!
Joe5619 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-12-2010, 12:08 PM   #35
Road_Warrior
Pity the fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brazen
Get rid of the awful "Comparisons Welcome"....WTF? Has Ford turned into Kia or Proton??, Ford amazing rich and interesting history and connections with Australia.. and this is the best campaign they can come up with? You have to go after the heart, not the head.
You're joking right? The new ads are 1000% better than those stupid 'Ford of Course' ads that gave little to no detail about the cars' content and features. At least with the new ones they show some of the interior features and some sort of human connection which was missing from the last one.

1970 XW Falcon GT replica | 1970 XW Falcon | 1971 XY Fairmont | 1973 ZG Fairlane | 1986 XF Falcon panel van | 1987 XFII Falcon S-Pack | 1988 XF Falcon GLS ute | 1993 EBII Fairmont V8 | 1996 XG Falcon ute | 2000 AU Falcon wagon | 2004 BA Falcon XT | 2012 SZ Territory Titanium AWD

Proud to buy Australian and support Ford Australia through thick and thin
Road_Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-12-2010, 05:33 PM   #36
Brazen
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe5619
There seems to be a lot of experts on this website. But they are writing nothing but BS if you ask me.

Tying managing a multi-million dollar business with thousands of peoples lively hood involved & see how you go!!

Well this is an internet forum about Fords, I wouldnt spend this much amount of time on here if I wasnt so passionate about it. Like most people on here, I have had a fantastic history with Fords, mostly Falcons. Its my fondness for the vehicles which makes me want Ford to do things so well in this country, as the cars deserve it. Sometimes I wish I wasnt so emotionally connected to these hunks of metal and plastic, but I am like most others on this forum.

Some of the most successful leaders have come from outside an organisation and changed things. Everyone's darling Mually came from Boeing to his top post at Ford and changed a lot of things Ford does. So views which may be not complementary to the current way Ford AU does things, may not actually be that wrong, they could be on to something.

Dont be so quick to dismiss people's opinions as BS (even if they probably are in my case).
Brazen is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-12-2010, 06:15 PM   #37
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brazen
Some of the most successful leaders have come from outside an organisation and changed things. Everyone's darling Mually came from Boeing to his top post at Ford and changed a lot of things Ford does. So views which may be not complementary to the current way Ford AU does things, may not actually be that wrong, they could be on to something.
Mulally was head hunted in because he did to Boeing what he is currently doing to Ford turning it from a basket case to a profitable company.
Old 10-12-2010, 09:11 PM   #38
dannyhilton
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Hit refresh on an old tab and it reposted my response...Whoops.
Old 11-12-2010, 09:53 PM   #39
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Word is he was head hunted to shut the engine plant down in the next few years, Marin was a stumbling block for Detroits plans and had to be moved on.

But then again come 2015/16 it was going to happen anyway wether Marin fought for it or not. I6 does not fit anywhere in One Ford.

Marin must have done an awesome job convincing Ford HQ to keep the I6 on post 2010.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post