Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 29-06-2010, 03:01 PM   #31
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussie muscle
actually, BF finished in 2007?
BF finished 06, BFII finished in 08.
Old 29-06-2010, 03:03 PM   #32
Brazen
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coyote V8
hard to think its being 10 years since AU-BF models. far out...

Yep, same wagon body being sold from 1998, 12 years ago! And it still outsells the Mondeo.
Brazen is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-06-2010, 03:23 PM   #33
XR Martin
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Chevy Suburban has been around since the 1930s, not continuous but the name is still in use. Technically the Corvette isnt continuous either as there was no 1982 model.
2016 FGX XR8 Sprint, 6speed manual, Kinetic Blue #170

2004 BA wagon RTV project.

1998 EL XR8, Auto, Hot Chilli Red

1993 ED XR6, 5speed, Polynesian Green. 1 of 329. Retired

1968 XT Falcon 500 wagon, 3 on the tree, 3.6L. Patina project.
XR Martin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-06-2010, 08:30 PM   #34
dannyhilton
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Ford Australia have been very quite on this kind of thing for so long, so hearing this makes me think that they have received some great new from head office. Fingers crossed we can put the Falcon and Mustang back on the same platform, preferably based on the Falcon, and then we'll have a proper, world class GRWD platform.
Old 29-06-2010, 08:37 PM   #35
Resurrection
I was correct - AGAIN

What will determine the life of the FG is when Euro V is introduced in Australia. Ford will not want to spend money calibrating a model which is nearing the end of its life.
Resurrection is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-06-2010, 09:01 PM   #36
JPFS1
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Resurrection
What will determine the life of the FG is when Euro V is introduced in Australia. Ford will not want to spend money calibrating a model which is nearing the end of its life.
Euro3 and 4 is where the big dollars had to be spent on engine development from an emissions point of view.

5 & 6 is all in the tune and cats now.. (and better fuel quality), and IL6 can do it.
JPFS1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-06-2010, 09:12 PM   #37
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPFS1
Euro3 and 4 is where the big dollars had to be spent on engine development from an emissions point of view.

5 & 6 is all in the tune and cats now.. (and better fuel quality), and IL6 can do it.
Isn't the biggest issue getting it to last longer and comply??

Also the better fuel quality will be interesting cause the price of fuel for the masses which will increase pressure on larger cars being more fuel efficient.
Old 29-06-2010, 09:21 PM   #38
Paxton
Cobblers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vztrt

Also the better fuel quality will be interesting cause the price of fuel for the masses which will increase pressure on larger cars being more fuel efficient.
All the work to achieve Euro V is done, so they have until it is introduced to get the hardware to work. The I6 has a place in the next Falcon if what I've heard is true.
Roses are red. Violets are blue. OS X rocks. Homage to you.
Paxton is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-06-2010, 09:43 PM   #39
Joe5619
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paxton
All the work to achieve Euro V is done, so they have until it is introduced to get the hardware to work. The I6 has a place in the next Falcon if what I've heard is true.
Silly question, if the work is done, why don't we see it on the car then?? Sounds silly to do the work & then not put it in the car!
Joe5619 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-06-2010, 09:56 PM   #40
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe5619
Silly question, if the work is done, why don't we see it on the car then?? Sounds silly to do the work & then not put it in the car!
Money, Euro 4 cost $21 million and the Government pitched in $13 million of that.
When the government wants Ford to develop and validate compliant
I-6 enginefor Euro 5 and 6, Ford can ask for funding to make that happen.
That way Ford can play the local engine and castings plants for all its worth.
jpd80 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-06-2010, 09:58 PM   #41
Paxton
Cobblers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpd80
Money, Euro 4 cost $21 million and the Government pitched in $13 million of that.
When the government wants Ford to develop and validate compliant
I-6 enginefor Euro 5 and 6, Ford can ask for funding to make that happen.
That way Ford can play the local engine and castings plants for all its worth.
Sounds about right mate.
Old 29-06-2010, 10:10 PM   #42
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community 

Quote:
Sounds about right mate.
I'm thinking Aussie Emissions will stay in step with Asian countries,
China, India and Australia move onto Euro 4 this year so maybe
we sit with them and go to Euro 5 when Europe goes to Euro 6....
Old 29-06-2010, 10:29 PM   #43
Falc'man
You dig, we stick!

Quote:
In fact, "they made it look easy"
Old 29-06-2010, 10:54 PM   #44
Paxton
Cobblers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falc'man
In fact, "they made it look easy"
They did indeed. Who needs Alloy Blocks and Direct Injection. This engine can't be killed. Many have tried, none have succeeded.
Old 30-06-2010, 12:39 AM   #45
JPFS1
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by vztrt

Yes that's definitely another difference between the standards, but I wouldn't say it's the biggest issue.

PLENTY of good news on the horizon.......and not only relating to this.... i think ;)
JPFS1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-06-2010, 12:58 AM   #46
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Quote:
Yes that's definitely another difference between the standards, but I wouldn't say it's the biggest issue.

PLENTY of good news on the horizon.......and not only relating to this.... i think ;)
Ahh ok. I knew they smoked E5 in. But didn't know how much the costs for getting it into production was gonna be an issue.

With Marin steadying the ship the other day, things are looking good. I'd hate to see a good car go. Especially one that has so much potential.
Old 30-06-2010, 03:36 AM   #47
FPV GTHO
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Sharing his knowledge of performance exhaust setups for the NA 6 cyc Barra Falcon from BA to FG. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR6 Martin
Chevy Suburban has been around since the 1930s, not continuous but the name is still in use. Technically the Corvette isnt continuous either as there was no 1982 model.
Falcon is 2nd longest running FORD nameplate, not overall. Its topped by the F series.
FPV GTHO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-06-2010, 07:46 AM   #48
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

With FoA confident that the I-6 can meet Euro 5 & 6, their attention will no doubt turns to
where the Falcon goes to from here and what vehicles need to be allowed for under its umbrella.
Old 30-06-2010, 09:46 AM   #49
ltd
Force Fed Fords

Quote:
They did indeed. Who needs Alloy Blocks and Direct Injection. This engine can't be killed. Many have tried, none have succeeded.

Isn't it great?
Almost brings a tear to the eye that something which is the absolute undisputed class leader is designed and built here.
The funny bit is watching the other manufacturers crate in engines from their global parts bins and not be able to match the little aussie battler.

No joke, Ford Oz has the best, most reliable and long lived 6 cylinder engine in the world. Over 400nm of torque from a naturally aspirated 6 cylinder; unbelievable.

Quote: