Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 13-04-2013, 07:40 AM   #31
eyes87
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Battery Charger - Recommendation

It's not the only smart charger by far. However it is by far the best at its price point. Anyone who thinks otherwise needs to do more research on it. I sell these everyday at work. I also have other chargers that I sell as well so it's not like I'm on here just peddling "my product". Cteks aftersale a service and warranty procedures are the best I've ever dealt with in the industry. Closely followed by redarc. Not that you need it very often.
I've been selling ctek for 7 years now and in all that time I've had one come back to me for warranty.
They are oe suppliers for the likes of Porsche, Ferrari, Lamborghini.

Yes there are other chargers but to say that they are as good as ctek at the same price pointis wrong. I wouldn't normally brand bash but to say that projector is as good as ctek is just plain wrong. The comebacks on projector are massive compared to ctek. The procharge chargers are 6 stage where ctek is 8. As far as I can tell. (Although I could be wrong on this point) they don't do gel or agm batteries. And I can't see a recondition function at all either.
I'm not saying its not a good charger because it is. But to say it is "the same if not better" is wrong.

PERFORMANCE MODS CAI + pod filter. That's all for the moment. More to come soon

VISUAL MODS 18in wheels wrapped in pirelli pzero nero. Push button start. Black XR8 badges, black 260 bonnet stripes, black 260 spoiler stickers, blackened sections on my tail lights, tinted side indicators, blue interior LEDs, HID head Lights, LED angel eyes and a BF typhoon front bar in the shed waiting to get painted.

Last edited by eyes87; 13-04-2013 at 07:49 AM.
eyes87 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 13-04-2013, 09:03 AM   #32
ZA-289
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I've been selling Projecta for 2 years and never had one come back. They do have reconditioning function.

90% of people don't need Gel or AGM function.
ZA-289 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-04-2013, 09:45 AM   #33
BLU-220
FG XR50 TURBO
Donating Member3

here we go the battle of the battery chargers i've got the c-tek mxs 3.5a TRICKLE charger one works flawless it's 6mths now no drama's at all
BLU-220 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 13-04-2013, 09:49 AM   #34
Psi-Pop
on the way to the RSL

I have one of the supercheap auto multi stage chargers and its been a great charger, had it on 3 years now, usually charging around 6 batteries in rotation for inverter setups and the cars.

Does a good job on lead acid and the Gel styles, can even trick it into charging a rooted battery with a set of jumper leads.

http://www.supercheapauto.com.au/onl...d=213976#Cross
Old 30-04-2013, 05:34 PM   #35
Bluehoon
Hoon On The Rise

Sorry to thread mine...

I've got a new Ctek to do some charging.. Do you guys leave the battery conected in the car..?
Or do you disconnect the terminals and then connect the charger...

Any issues or hassles, potential damage?

At the moment I've got the battery out of the car, however it appears the terminals can stay connected?

Cheers!

FGX-XR8 Manual, BFII E-Gas, '11 GSXR 1000 - Love 'em!
FPV Tickford Club of NSW - www.fpvclub.com
Bluehoon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-04-2013, 05:53 PM   #36
bluestripes
Q - CAR

Talking Re: Battery Charger - Recommendation

I've got the ctek charger with flashlight connection.

Originally - I use to trickle charge the battery whilst still in the car... Basically just plug it in and leave it on over night when required.

Though since last October - the battery has been out of the car with new engine build and the Ctek has kept the battery fully charged. ... And my normal routine is to leave it on overnight... Several times a week. ... And it works a treat.

Regarding which charger is best ... Hhmmm - this was the charger FF recommended and I got a good deal. ... And thus far - no complaints. In fact - at one point I thought my battery was completly dead ... And I left the trickle charge on for a week or more and it brought my Century battery back to life.

347 Windsor Stroked; (10:2.1) / TFS 190 heads / TFS R Series 90 manifold / Accufab 85mm Race TB / 90mm Lightening MAF / K&N 90mm pod CAI / FTI custom cam (230-236 @ 50) / Bosch 36lb inject / MSD coil + leads / ASR 8lt sump / Mcleod RST Twin Plate Clutch / Pacemakers PH4006 + 3" single exhaust / BA Premium brake pac / Pedders Xtreme coil over shocks / 30mm Whiteline sway / 3.45 LSD / Custom FG bonnet / Ghia interior upgrade / Enkie Rims - staggered / Quarter Horse tuned.
bluestripes is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-04-2013, 06:20 PM   #37
PHANTMXR6
It's not an FG MKI.......

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Willing to help out with useful advice in the technical areas of the forum. 
Smile Re: Battery Charger - Recommendation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluehoon View Post
Sorry to thread mine...

I've got a new Ctek to do some charging.. Do you guys leave the battery conected in the car..?
Or do you disconnect the terminals and then connect the charger...

Any issues or hassles, potential damage?

At the moment I've got the battery out of the car, however it appears the terminals can stay connected?

Cheers!
Depending which model you have, they should come with a pigtail with a plug on the end of it. I just connected the terminals of the pigtail to the battery and tucked the plug down the side and just pull it out and connect it when I want to trickle the battery. I don't bother with disconnecting it, just plug and go.

Want to know how to do an A Service for an FG XR6T?

Look in this http://fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11339404

Thinking of oil sampling your engine?

Have a look at this trend http://fordforums.com.au/showthread....ght=oil+sample
PHANTMXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-06-2013, 02:29 PM   #38
supershifty
Missing a sock...
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Dave has been a long time active member on the forums and in particular has been a busy volunteer whenever there are cruises and toys runs etc held in South East Qld. He actively gives up his time and ensures that the events are provided for, be it commun 
Thumbs up Re: Battery Charger - Recommendation

I thought I'd share my experience with my Projecta 1600mA trickle charger. I bought a Supercharge Gold MF51 600cca battery for my XF 6 years ago with the intention of using it, as things turned out it didn't happen.

The battery has sat in the car ever since with the little charger hooked up. I decided to start the car this morning to see if I still had a motor (it's only ever run for 20min since rebuild 8 years ago) Got all the lights but no crank - kinda was asking a bit much hey? I checked a few things and on a hunch threw a new starter relay in.

The thing cranked like a demon Dunno how long the battery will last in service duty though?

Not bad for a $45 charger. (at the time) http://www.projecta.com.au/Products/...ryCharger.aspx

Cheers!

Real friends + great times = sheer bliss!

Considering becoming an organ donor? Click here

QLD Events, Cruises and Get Togethers: Click here

Gain success instantly - lower your standards.

It's not government funded - it's taxpayer funded.
supershifty is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-06-2013, 08:30 PM   #39
gregaust
Donating Member
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Greg always goes out of his way to provide assistance and support to members of AFF. Greg freely shares his knowledge with people who ask for help and often assists them with obtaining parts and repairs.  A great member of the AFF community. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always happy to offer assistance from his own experiences and often posts up photos when someone is having issues finding/locating something they are trying to repair or replace. 

C-Tek do state it is safe to leave battery connected
gregaust is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-06-2013, 08:39 PM   #40
TheyDontWantMus

if all you're wanting to do is keep the battery topped up, all you need is a fixed 13.8volt power supply... thats what all these super duper charges switch too once the battery is fully charged anyway ;)
TheyDontWantMus is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-06-2013, 08:39 PM   #41
Pepscobra
Call me dirt... Joe Dirt

I leave my C-Tek MXS3.6 charger connected 24/7 for months at a time, no problem.

Once it charges the battery fully, it then goes into trickle-charge mode and keeps the battery topped up constantly. It's kept my battery healthy for nearly 6 years now.
2007 BFII FPV Cobra Ute|Boss 302|6M|#23/100
Mods so far:
Billet Products Shifter|X-Force Exhaust|Herrod Oil Breathers|Whiteline Sway Bar|Tein SuperStreets|Kings FOR-303SL Rear Springs|Melling Oil Pump|Mace Manifold Spacers|Powerbond Underdrives|Pacemaker Headers|Ballistic Cats|XFT Custom Tune @ 308.3rwkw|DBA T3 Rotors|Ferodo Pads|Goodridge Braided Lines
Mods to come:
4.11 Diff Gears|Chromoly Tailshaft
I use & recommend:
Castrol|Motorcraft|Mainlube|Penrite

Check Out My Build Thread
Pepscobra is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post: