Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 14-01-2011, 01:48 PM   #31
ltd
Force Fed Fords

Quote:
Originally Posted by dylancox
He reversed out while you were exciting your car? old mate must have interrupted the excitement ey
Polishing the tip of the exhaust pipe with chrome polish no doubt.

Quote:
Powered by GE
ltd is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-01-2011, 01:59 PM   #32
dylancox

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltd
Polishing the tip of the exhaust pipe with chrome polish no doubt.
Hahaha gold . He definitely 'did the good deed' last week, just remembered how many cars with sad looking exhaust pipes in need of a good polishing.
dylancox is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-01-2011, 04:43 PM   #33
pauljh74
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltd
As I surveyed the damage (knew they would easily buff out, but that's not the point), he remarked "Don't worry, it's only a Ford". I got mad. I grabbed his brief case, swung it and threw it as far as I could. When it hit the ground, it burst open and all this idiots papers etc went everywhere. I came back at him; "Don't worry mate, it's only a briefcase".
It may "only" be a Ford by that guy's reasoning, but he forgets the most important thing - It's YOUR Ford, which makes it very special and the fact you are standing next to it should mean he treats it very well, or something bad might happen to him (or his briefcase).

To insult someone's car after damaging it ensures the owner goes from annoyed, to angry very quickly and that is when people like Mr Honda driver get badly hurt.
Not bad for a #2 driver
Mark Webber after winning the 2010 British Grand Prix.
pauljh74 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-01-2011, 05:05 PM   #34
block58
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

People's lack of care for other people's property is astonishing. My mother works in a kindergarten where she is parks in the shared car park and it seems every week there is a new scuff mark on the door from one of the parents letting their kids open the doors with little regard towards what damage they could be doing. Even after countless times requesting that parents don't let their kids open the car doors, it still seems to be happening.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltd
I grabbed his brief case, swung it and threw it as far as I could. When it hit the ground, it burst open and all this idiots papers etc went everywhere. I came back at him; "Don't worry mate, it's only a briefcase". He quickly ran after his papers now blowing everywhere.
LOL
block58 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-01-2011, 09:29 PM   #35
66GT

A long time ago I observed the typical carpark hit & run that many of you have experienced. I stopped the guy & suggested he leave his details. I watched him write a note & place it under the wiper, then drive off. I removed the note to check what he had written - something along the lines of 'I am letting you know that I hit your car.' No name or contact details. I was in the process of writting another note with my details, when the owner rocked up. They rang me a week latter & were happy with the final outcome - guy confessed when confronted by police.
66GT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post