Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 02-03-2009, 05:33 PM   #31
cant
CANT !!!!!!!!

Default Baseball Bat

If the stupid F#wit is lying uncocious on my lounge-room floor in a pool of his own blood when the coppers drag me off him is it still self defence?

I mean, its my house and he had no right going through my MOTORSPORT collection anyway!

And who do i send the drycleaning bill for my carpet anyway????????????????

Better to be late, than
VERY LATE !!!! :

YEAH HA !!!!!!!!
cant is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-03-2009, 11:06 AM   #32
colossus
Secret Sleuth

This is a very interesting outcome - in NSW anyway it is always drilled into you that you can only use your firearm for target shooting or hunting (my license conditions anyway). I always assumed the law would simply rape you if you used it in self defence.

I am an avid target shooter and have several rifles - one is a very mean looking tacticool pump action. If someone broke into my home and my family was in danger I think I would firstly threaten the intruder with it and if they kept coming I would have no hesitation in using it appropriatley. I don't think i could handle jail, but on the other hand I couldn't handle my family getting hurt even more.

The law in Australia is a disgrace in that it is so ambiguous on home defence - I'm not saying we become the USA but we do need sensible gun laws governing the protection of your family and property.