Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 11-02-2009, 06:49 PM   #31
TUF_302
The Vengeful One
Donating Member1

Any updates on your neighbours from hell mate?
Old 11-02-2009, 07:17 PM   #32
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The cops will and do come around if they get complaints of music being too loud. They rocked up to my house one time.

They threaten to confiscate the music equipment if they receive anymore complaints so you will find most smart people will turn it off completely to avoid this.
MITCHAY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-02-2009, 08:35 PM   #33
LowEL2XR8
Mr Impulsive

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltd_on20s
i did that once. next door were just animals, swearing all day, bottles would end up on my lawn etc etc. got some nice mates i knew to pop round and say hi. nothing broken, but when you see 8 dudes on harleys rock up and knock on your door and tell you to "shut the up" worked pretty quickly...only cost 2 cartons lol

Can I borrow your biker mates? I will give em 4 cartons.
Old 11-02-2009, 08:39 PM   #34
LowEL2XR8
Mr Impulsive

Have to wait for the weekend to come before it cranks up again.

I did think about removing fuses but if I got caught I bet 3 or 4 drunk bogans would bash the hell out of me.

Next time its firstly security patrols (I pay $100 a year in my rates for them so why not use them), then I will call the cops if no joy.

Why do you have to play music and shout loudly so eveyone within a 6 house radius can hear you? Just play it for your own enjoyment not everyone elses discomfort.
Old 11-02-2009, 08:54 PM   #35
stav50
Banned

funny solution = get 3 or 4 roosters in a couple of cages right at the back fence, they will hopefully crow loudly at sunup, only downside is they will probs wake u up too.
stav50 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-02-2009, 09:14 PM   #36
IDT
Marko

There are set noise limits regardless of the curfew times. There are also laws about disturbing the peace. We have had the same problem, one the third weekend the cops must have got jack of it as the actually raided the place and half of the people there ended up arrested.
Old 11-02-2009, 11:32 PM   #37
mad cow
blue oval addict

do you own a chainsaw? they are mighty loud at 6am when hungover... just let the neighbours know in advance (they then will find it funny). after a few weeks even bogans will get the drift.
mad cow is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-02-2009, 11:57 PM   #38
pauljh74
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by mad cow
do you own a chainsaw?
....and an Ice Hockey mask? Make your eyes a little bloodshot, so when they see the eyes behind the mask it looks like a crazy person!
Not bad for a #2 driver
Mark Webber after winning the 2010 British Grand Prix.
pauljh74 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-02-2009, 01:49 AM   #39
xy500
Constant annoyance

Quote:
Originally Posted by paule11
Dont talk to them it is pointless call the police talk to other neighbours get them to call the police
They will end up trying to fight you and you will get the gbh charge as it will be made out that you went over and attacked them when you go to talk about the noise.
I can't stand gutless neighbours who call the ranger before coming around to discuss with you calmly what the issue is so it can be resolved amicably. I had some drongo call the rangers because i had an unlicensed car on the verge, fair enough, but i had only JUST put it there so sims metal could pick it up the next morning, its there a day and the guy just calls the ranger instead of talking to me about it. It would have been so much easier if he let me explain i had to put it there so it could be taken away and it would be gone in 24 hours.
For some reason people always judge by appearances, and so now we're considered the deros of the neighbourhood, all because we have a few cars out the front (one falcon, 2 commodores and a camry) but what can we do about it? its a share house and there is a lot of cars. We never have any parties, we're tidy and polite.
but all because of the cars we're bad people and don't even deserve to have neighbours greivances discussed with us, oh no its straight to the cops or the council.
The worst part about it is its grown men doing this, be a man and talk to the people, its not hard and i know i'd appreciate it. :
xy500 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-02-2009, 10:44 AM   #40
gtfpv
GT

went to a party a few weeks ago. the noise was very loud at 3am , the cops rocked up, there was a 30 year old female hottie at the party who recognised one of the policeman on facebook.
apperantely he tried to poke her on face book, boy did he go red when she said this .
anyhow we still had to turn the music down .

WHAT DOES POKING SOMEONE ON FACEBOOK MEAN . sorry to change the subject but in the scope of things this thread is quite humorous.

TO THE OP. get over it man . there is that much bad in the world people dont need to be complained about , because they are having a lound party , where people are having fun ( unless it's a constant occurance) happens around our neighbourhood a lot, but not often the same household . so we respect each other .
unless its the same house every weekend . then get over it . and if it is . then go and talk to the people , most people will see rationalle.
gtfpv is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-02-2009, 11:10 AM   #41
Walt Kowalski
I use brain. Not hip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaydee
I wouldn't go around there, if on another occassion you call the Police they'll know where it came from and then you'll cop grief.
Go for a late night walk and drop a polite unsigned letter in their letterbox.
If that doesn't work then try a different tact but don't go around there, how many times in Perth in the last 12 months has someone been killed over a disturbance, let sleeping dogs lie, complain to Police, rangers, local council and if it's rented, try and find the agent and complain.
Good advice there, I reckon maybe even just call the cops now if they are offensive. Fair chance cops would love to visit them if they are known.
Walt Kowalski is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-02-2009, 11:25 AM   #42
Walt Kowalski
I use brain. Not hip.

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by xy500
For some reason people always judge by appearances, and so now we're considered the deros of the neighbourhood, all because we have a few cars out the front (one falcon, 2 commodores and a camry) but what can we do about it? :
Thats an easy one. But do I need to actually say it?
Old 12-02-2009, 12:09 PM   #43
xy500
Constant annoyance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munroman
Thats an easy one. But do I need to actually say it?
an easy one is it? then what is your genius solution to this? park them round the back? oh there is no back. sell the cars? how are we going to get anywhere?
enlighten me oh one who knows everything
Old 12-02-2009, 12:12 PM   #44
blackers10
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

xy500 sometimes council actually sends rangers around the neighbourhood and you could have been unlucky..(happened to me the day my rear number plate was stolen and i took both off.. ranger came and knocked o nthe door sayin he was bookin some cars and if i could move my car into the driveway (i park on the street as we have 2 many cars)

and to those saying approach the people...
if anybody knows any teenagers in this day and age. MOST only want to knock your block off...

if you have tried to approach them then fair enough but if they are deemed unapproachable then goto the police(happened to our neighbours)
Old 12-02-2009, 12:16 PM   #45
xy500
Constant annoyance

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackers10
xy500 sometimes council actually sends rangers around the neighbourhood and you could have been unlucky..(happened to me the day my rear number plate was stolen and i took both off.. ranger came and knocked o nthe door sayin he was bookin some cars and if i could move my car into the driveway (i park on the street as we have 2 many cars)
yeah i know its possible but the ranger told me i had annoyed someone and they complained, i reckon some people enjoy making enemies and not friends. even if you neighbours are idiots, its better to be friends with them. At least then they invite you to their parties haha.
Old 12-02-2009, 12:32 PM   #46
blackers10
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

oh true.. unlucky eh..
usually some nanna who brought their house being told its some kind of up market suburb who only ever owned 1 car in their life at 1 time rather than share a house with 5 people who all need/have cars like us normal folk (why do houses only ever have a double garage..really annoying for those with 2 kids old enough to drive etc as front yard gets ruined lol
Old 12-02-2009, 02:15 PM   #47
Road_Warrior
Pity the fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by xy500
I had some drongo call the rangers because i had an unlicensed car on the verge, fair enough, but i had only JUST put it there so sims metal could pick it up the next morning, its there a day and the guy just calls the ranger instead of talking to me about it.
Wow, what a . I hate neighbourhood dobbers like that who ring up for petty and inane stuff all the time like they think they own the neighbourhood.

As for the noise - it depends on whether it is an isolated event (like a 21st or 40th birthday party or whatever) or a regular occurrence.

If it's a one-off thing, like the above mentioned birthday party as an example, then just let it go. If it's a regular occurrence, ie, every weekend (or worse) then you should call someone about it. Going and having a "friendly chat" with your "dear neighbour" might sound all well and good in theory on an internet forum, but in this day and age people where people get hostile and arc up over nothing, you could find yourself in hospital, or worse. We've seen enough examples of it in the past year.

Especially seeing as the people you describe are staying up all night being rowdy party animals - that suggests to me that they are under the influence of more than just alcohol.

Last edited by fordel; 19-02-2009 at 12:14 PM. Reason: No need for that language
Road_Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-02-2009, 05:52 PM   #48
Walt Kowalski
I use brain. Not hip.

Smile

Get rid of the 2 Commodores!!!
Old 12-02-2009, 07:00 PM   #49
xy500
Constant annoyance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munroman
Get rid of the 2 Commodores!!!
hahaha i didnt see that one lol
i'd love to but neither of them are myne of course, myne is the classy falcon lol
Old 12-02-2009, 08:09 PM   #50
paule11
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I know of people who have gone to reason with noisy drunks about their noise and have ended up in a physical altercation. You cant reason with a drunk or someone on speed with a baseball cap on back to front listening to dancemusic,as well as getting into a fight some have gone to court and been charged with assault.
I tried to reason with idiot neighbours once and had a few of them want to fight me I calmed the situation down.
I went to the police I know a few told them about these blokes wanting to fight they expected a good story of a fight they said not to approach them just call the police .
paule11 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-02-2009, 08:17 PM   #51
xy500
Constant annoyance

Quote:
Originally Posted by paule11
I know of people who have gone to reason with noisy drunks about their noise and have ended up in a physical altercation. You cant reason with a drunk or someone on speed with a baseball cap on back to front listening to dancemusic,as well as getting into a fight some have gone to court and been charged with assault.
I tried to reason with idiot neighbours once and had a few of them want to fight me I calmed the situation down.
I went to the police I know a few told them about these blokes wanting to fight they expected a good story of a fight they said not to approach them just call the police .
i guess perth is a more peaceful place than townsville then, i've never heard of that happening before
Old 12-02-2009, 08:52 PM   #52
paule11
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I know of someone in Cloncurry years ago he went and asked these big black railway gangers to turn their stereo down they threatened to kill him he went home got his guns out and then had a change of heart went back and chopped their stereo up with a machete.
They went to the police and wanted to press charges the police man was in the vietnam war with the guy who chopped the stereo up and said to these guys who has he taken hostage and who is in hospital they said no one he said thats unusual sure no one is missing or seriously injured or killed I cant beleive no one has been hurt . He then said do you want to press charges I will take you around his place so you can identify him . They all backed down and didnt press charges
paule11 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-02-2009, 10:28 PM   #53
mongoloid
chuck miller ford texas

Anyone seen Gran torino yet? just get clint eastwood around there.
1918 Buick, 1930 Studebaker, 1953 Ford Crestline, 1955 Buick Special, 1957 Cadillac, 1962 Cadillac, 1963 Ford Galaxie, 1966 Ford Fairlane, 1971 Chevelle, 1979 Trans Am, 2002 Ford TE50, 2005 CV8 Monaro, 2010 G6e Turbo, 2014 FPV GT-F
mongoloid is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-02-2009, 10:59 PM   #54
Mansal

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltd_on20s
call the cops

if nothing gets done rent the biggest sppeakers you can find and wedge them on the fence and at 8.30 EVERY morning crank them.

within 3 days they will tone it down.

if not........hire goons...................for a brief chat....

i did that once. next door were just animals, swearing all day, bottles would end up on my lawn etc etc. got some nice mates i knew to pop round and say hi. nothing broken, but when you see 8 dudes on harleys rock up and knock on your door and tell you to "shut the up" worked pretty quickly...only cost 2 cartons lol
Mate - Can I borrow your mates next time my yobbo neighbours (behind me) decide to get drunk and 'sing' at 2am Saturday (or any other 'excuse to get drunk' night)

In my case I wait till 12:30 then I just call the cops - they eventually DID tone their stuff down, but they quickly forget..
Mansal is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-02-2009, 07:53 PM   #55
LowEL2XR8
Mr Impulsive

Just rang security and they said they can make as much noise as they want until 6pm. Thats the council rules. So I told them not to worry about it I'll ring back at 6pm.

Can't believe it I'm "One of those people" who complain about neighbours. They deserve it though. With no respect for others I can play music for my enjoyment and not let anyone else here it.

Damn it they made me something I'm not. GRrrrrrrrrrr
Old 15-02-2009, 08:02 PM   #56
escapin

why dont you see them during the week when they may be more civil and just explain u got kids and can they keep it down a bit.

speaking to them even though they may seem a disgruntled lot may get through to them if they see u as a person and not an authority figure, if u go round there angry well ofcourse they are going to fire back but if ur sweet then they may listen.
escapin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-02-2009, 09:36 PM   #57
LowEL2XR8
Mr Impulsive

As of the last few weeks they have been doing it everyday when they get home from work. I don't wan to be identified cause later when I call authorities they'll assume it is me. I don't want a neighbour war.
Old 15-02-2009, 09:38 PM   #58
escapin

ok well if thats the case why are u waiting to call the cops, the sooner u do it the soon its resloved
escapin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-02-2009, 10:56 PM   #59
LowEL2XR8
Mr Impulsive

I'll give them a chance to turn it down or off before I go to bed. I already called security. I think it got louder after they left.

I want be calling security anymore. Only police.
Old 15-02-2009, 11:07 PM   #60
Paxton
Cobblers!

I had my ex-neighbour tell me that he had contacted the Council because I'd cut my lawn too short. He didn't like the look of my Kikuyu, as it was browning. As he did this, he was leaning on my Territory. I asked him nicely once, ad then demanded he get off my car. He refused, so I got out of the Territory, towered over the moron, and asked a third time. These people were quiet, however. No parties (friends are a requirement for parties), disturbed kids, and not much else.

Six months later, his house was on the market. The new neighbours have been in since late October, and haven't cut their lawn yet.
Roses are red. Violets are blue. OS X rocks. Homage to you.
Paxton is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post