Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 25-10-2007, 08:03 PM   #31
paule11
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Give him money for being such a good son and not going to strip joints
paule11 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-10-2007, 08:07 PM   #32
XR6TCraig
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

How about an advanced driving course. Keep him alive on the roads and you could go along and do it with him. Experiences like these are great presents. You get to remember them forever and you know that in doing these type of things you have actually lived.

http://www.bmw.com.au/scripts/main.a...ID=11803&PID=8
XR6TCraig is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-10-2007, 08:17 PM   #33
RepSpec
Formerly XG-Panelvanman

im turning 21 in december and found out today by chance my olds are paying for a days water skiing up on the murry with the brett sands ski school!

not a bad pressie seen i love water skiing

cheers
brendan

BA MK2 Wagon, dedicated LPG, white.

modifications:
cargo barriers, tow bar
RepSpec is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-10-2007, 08:06 AM   #34
graphixboy
Does it get any better

Thanks for all the ideas....

He lives with his girlfriend so I don't need to kick him out of home and he is already a ****head so that excludes alcohol and I'm not sure I want to do the strip club thing with my son. His girlfriend gave him a ps3 for xmas and he has the LCD/hometheater stuff.

The tool cabinet is not a bad idea, I sure I would get the look of WTF on his birthday, but I bet it would grow on him over the years.

Defensive driving courses are a great idea for anyone young or old.

I also thought about a pinball machine but they appear to be $2500 + + + +

Still thinking about the shares, does any one deal with stockbroker in Brisbane that they would recommend?

I'm still open for other ideas so please keep them coming.

Thanks again for the help.
graphixboy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-10-2007, 08:12 AM   #35
Daymoe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Give him some cash

Everyone likes money!
Daymoe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-10-2007, 08:57 AM   #36
satria
FOXWHO

check out what my mates got me last year for my 21st...close to 10 of them pitched in and bought the print, badge and model car seperately and then got it custom framed by superstars and legends!!! i was blown away with the effort put into the present. probably the most memorable gift i've ever been given because i thought i was just going to get the usual bottle of canadian club from some of them.

other thing to note is my xw at the time (same as the print/model) was about 2-3 months away from rego and this definately took my mind off painful wait of last minute touch ups for rego-ing it.

to the point, if your son has a car maybe do something like this>?
satria is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-10-2007, 09:27 AM   #37
falzoony
Rockin '67

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ives
Order him the newly released Nissan GT-R....
It's for his son not his daughter

'67 XR Wagon
falzoony is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-10-2007, 04:37 PM   #38
V3RSAC3
... Fear it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by falzoony
It's for his son not his daughter
HAHAHA classic john
Chrysler 300C Sedan
SY Territory Ghia
V3RSAC3 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-10-2007, 04:52 PM   #39
Poorboy_racer

Got my daughter and B/F a hot air balloon flight for her 21st. She said its something she will never forget.
My parents got me an airobatic flight in a tigermoth for my 30th. Thats something I will never forget....nearly shot myself!!!
Poorboy_racer is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-10-2007, 05:23 PM   #40
XCSEDAN
i'm baaaack....

send him off on a joyflight in a Pitts biplane, he will probably throw up breakfast so dont let him eat to much!
what sort of things is your son into?
XCSEDAN is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-10-2007, 01:40 PM   #41
XR06T
13.96 @ 101.65

my old boy got me a nice watch, its an excellent 21st present. im coming up on 25 and still have it. be sure to get a nice one though, so it will last. i got a tissot with a scratch proof face, its awesome!!

you gotta get something he can keep. my old lady got me a nice necklace/chain thing for my 18th, still have that too and wear it perminantly.
Old 02-11-2007, 03:11 PM   #42
Tles
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Send him off around OZ. FNQ, Darwin, Kakadu, Broome, Perth - also an excuse for you to buy the camping trailer or Campervan. Might sound boring compared to OS but the ultimate road trip with a coupla mates, sweet......could be the making of him too.

Heaps of work up there too, heads screwed on set them themselves up while having adventure too. Especially if they have any mechanical, sparky or cooking skills.

Friends did this and worked their way around OZ for 18 months in a Troopie camper (auctions exhire). Now all 4 working for resorts as managers on great bucks, with some awesome stories (my fave is the 1 about the dutch girls with car touble) and mates for life.

Their folks took off OS for 6 months while they were gone and are now travellin Oz in the camper - win win situ.
Tles is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-11-2007, 12:58 PM   #43
graphixboy
Does it get any better

Thanks every one for the heads up... There were some great ideas here.

I have decided to send him and his girlfriend on a pacific cruise...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TTonka
Send him off around OZ. FNQ, Darwin, Kakadu, Broome, Perth - also an excuse for you to buy the camping trailer or Campervan. Might sound boring compared to OS but the ultimate road trip with a coupla mates, sweet......could be the making of him too.

Heaps of work up there too, heads screwed on set them themselves up while having adventure too. Especially if they have any mechanical, sparky or cooking skills.

Friends did this and worked their way around OZ for 18 months in a Troopie camper (auctions exhire). Now all 4 working for resorts as managers on great bucks, with some awesome stories (my fave is the 1 about the dutch girls with car touble) and mates for life.

Their folks took off OS for 6 months while they were gone and are now travellin Oz in the camper - win win situ.
Well TTonka, that has to best the best idea of the lot, I wish I had thought of that a couple of months ago, cause he certainly could do with finding himself.

His birthday falls on Melbourne cup, so I've organised a group of us to go to a function in town with a hot and cold seafood buffet and a 5 hours premium drinking package....

So hopefully he wont forget his 21st.
graphixboy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-11-2007, 01:36 PM   #44
GS608
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

5 hrs of drinking?

i doubt he'll remember it let alone ever forget about it

sounds like a great pressie though

hope he has a great day
GS608 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post