Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 01-08-2011, 12:53 PM   #31
Gobes32
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Cruze Number 1 in America

Are the US Cruzes manufactured in the States or was it in South America somewhere?
A G8E would be good if Ford marketed squarely at Calais V8 owners. They need to bring back the walking fingers like in the initial FG ads, but this time have the fingers crushing Calais' as they walk along, with some relaxing background Led Zeppelin music and Marcos Ambrose in stubbies and singlet driving it.
Gobes32 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-08-2011, 01:24 PM   #32
Mr Hardware
Flairs - Truckers Delight

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: The excellent how to on LPG jet cleaning. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpd80
If Caprice is so strategically important to Holden, why not release a civilian version here with Omega trim,
Holden could sell it here for about $42K (V6), $48K (V8) and pick up some real sales and production numbers...
But they won't because that would take real guts to do....
because it would ruin the caprice's reputation as a luxury car.
Old 01-08-2011, 02:10 PM   #33
ltd
Force Fed Fords

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow_Festiva
Too costly to factory convert is the main reason I think. How many other countries will want a RHD large pickup truck?

Our market isn't large enough to justify the expense.
But when we had them here years ago that was when the dollar was around 60 cents. Nowadays, you could pick up an F250 Lariat with the all new 6.7 litre diesel for around $40,000 australian, converting to RHS suddenly becomes a proposition. Heck, even the ecoboost F150 would sell well here and cost circa $30,000.
I suspect product placement though for cars like the ranger would prohibit sales here.

Quote:
Powered by GE
ltd is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-08-2011, 02:41 PM   #34
Deco28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gobes32
Are the US Cruzes manufactured in the States or was it in South America somewhere?
In the States.
Deco28 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-08-2011, 03:20 PM   #35
Gobes32
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

And the media will tell you that American workers are overpaid and yet they can make a car for the same price as the Koreans.........
A G8E would be good if Ford marketed squarely at Calais V8 owners. They need to bring back the walking fingers like in the initial FG ads, but this time have the fingers crushing Calais' as they walk along, with some relaxing background Led Zeppelin music and Marcos Ambrose in stubbies and singlet driving it.
Gobes32 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-08-2011, 05:03 PM   #36
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltd
But when we had them here years ago that was when the dollar was around 60 cents. Nowadays, you could pick up an F250 Lariat with the all new 6.7 litre diesel for around $40,000 australian, converting to RHS suddenly becomes a proposition. Heck, even the ecoboost F150 would sell well here and cost circa $30,000.
I suspect product placement though for cars like the ranger would prohibit sales here.
True. But years ago cars (and things in general) were a lot simpler. I think with all the advances in electronics, safety, compliance, ADR's, customer demands for perfect fit and finish it has made the cost way more.

Think of how easy it was to convert or mod a car / rod 20-30-40 years ago and get it registered.... was a pretty easy affair.

These days.... I think it's way too hard.
Yellow_Festiva is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-08-2011, 06:35 PM   #37
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltd
But the factory built RHD F series sold here a few years ago from Brazil were pretty expensive, I don't think the high aussie dollar would lower the cost below say 60k. Does anyone know what the F series sold for previously? I'm sure they were over 80k.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gobes32
And the media will tell you that American workers are overpaid and yet they can make a car for the same price as the Koreans.........
Yet they only make about $15 an hour, way less than we get here, so go figure.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post