Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 10-03-2012, 11:49 PM   #31
GREGL
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Full Ford Dealer Service History - Add's value to Resale ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jixel 78
So many cars end up back at the dealer with stupid issues its rediculous. I cant stop laughing at the dyno queen `back to stock` warranty punts. Might as well flush your money down the toilet. As if an FG Turbo isnt fast enough. If you need to wick it up, run the warranty for a couple of years first,they`ll ping the software and see the tune as soon as you grab a coffee in the waiting room.When theres a Turbo on a tilt tray with its tailshaft in the back seat, the laptop is ready to go.
You nare 100% correct Jixel. Had the zf serviced by a ford dealer , no oil leak before, now i have 6 different spots where the car sat while away on holidays (10 days ). iS IT A STUPID ISSUE YES , AM I LUAGHING NO. Please reccomend a fdealer that will do the job right the FIRST time I'm sure a lot of people here would like to know!
Why did I take it to a ford dealer you ask? The ETC light kept engaging and limp home mode was the end result. At this point I like many others of the holley and extractor era thought oh well this is way out of the home/loccal mech league YOU NEED FORD KNOWLEDGE AND EQUIPMENT !! $1300 dollars later it's de juvu + oil leak.
Before you go off about mods and being flogged the vehihcle is as it left the factory and the diagnosis for the etc was a new accellarator incorporating throttle sensor
GREGL is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-03-2012, 03:14 PM   #32
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by GREGL
You nare 100% correct Jixel. Had the zf serviced by a ford dealer , no oil leak before, now i have 6 different spots where the car sat while away on holidays (10 days ). iS IT A STUPID ISSUE YES , AM I LUAGHING NO. Please reccomend a fdealer that will do the job right the FIRST time I'm sure a lot of people here would like to know!
Why did I take it to a ford dealer you ask? The ETC light kept engaging and limp home mode was the end result. At this point I like many others of the holley and extractor era thought oh well this is way out of the home/loccal mech league YOU NEED FORD KNOWLEDGE AND EQUIPMENT !! $1300 dollars later it's de juvu + oil leak.
Before you go off about mods and being flogged the vehihcle is as it left the factory and the diagnosis for the etc was a new accellarator incorporating throttle sensor
Bayfords in coburg.
mik is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-03-2012, 06:36 PM   #33
IceValk85
MY2010 SV6 SIDI -Black-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke Plaizier
Someone who knows nothing about cars - the Ford Dealer history is more important.

Someone who knows a bit about what Ford Dealer servicing is like - will appreciate the aftermarket history and recepits more.

Luke
agree 100%

i bought my MPS without even looking at the service book (i bought the car from a trusted friend at a large local dealership, he wouldnt send me wrong).

i opened the book later and its got perfect mazda service history from brisbane to mt isa to townsville (it has 120000km on it, so thats 24 services btw....) i was amazed!

it hasnt seen a dealer since, because the local mazda service centre (part of the dealership i bought it from) is a bunch of USELESS twits (and thats being kind). tried to charge my missus for $100s of dollars for faulty EGR on a Mazda 2 that was under new car warranty (****** idle, turned out to be faulty engine mounts too). as soon as i shot out of work and rocked up, all the charges for the parts and labour were 'waived on good faith'. uhhh huh, you mean a 130kg almost 7ft angry man just rocked up to protect his 5 ft 50kg misses from being reamed for a warranty service..... nice try boys. the manager wouldnt even step out of his office to talk with us, sending a gopher too and from instead. coward.

my car is proudly serviced by Mark Nixon automotive, and Matt there is a legend. he will always answer calls, ive dropped in once without even calling (leaking clutch hose and no clutch lol, died on his driveway) and he had it fixed up that arvo. dropped me off to work round the corner too. he also fits all of my performance upgrades so far.

missus mazda 2 is serviced by her granddad who runs a local mobile mechanical service and charges two parts of nothing to us :P

i would take a car with full local service from a well known tuner/mech over a dealer service ANY day.

Ice
IceValk85 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-03-2012, 09:50 AM   #34
Strap XR8

if it came down to say a ford dealership or well known workshop/tuner

i would take the workshop as oppose to dealer.
Strap XR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-03-2012, 10:59 AM   #35
In Focus
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Although most of us in here realise your good independent workshop is often better than the dealer service outlet, the person buying your car may not and will therefore, potentially, think the service record is "better" with dealer stamps all over it.

Hers: 2020 Ford Puma JK: 1.0 Ecoboost 3-cylinder, 7-speed DCT in Frozen White.
In Focus is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-03-2012, 04:37 PM   #36
Rodge
Banned

^^ Dunno, I'm not convinced, the dissatisfaction with Ford dealer service looks pretty widespread to me, surprisingly so. Anyways the example i'm thinking about is the theoretical or potential sale of my SC GT-P at the five year point, it'll probably have about 40 - 50,000 km's on it, always garaged and one owner. This will most likely be purchased by a fellow enthusiast to whom i'll be happy to show all the receipts and introduce to my local mechanic.

I'm thinking of the theoretical purcahse of one of the very last 2016 GTHO's in the new Kinetic Blue, Falcon might as well go out in style
Rodge is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post