Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 01-11-2012, 12:05 AM   #31
Jack960
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Help! please :)

Yeah looks like I may have to give it a pass, I didn't like the idea of a turbo with high Km's to begin with, not to mention the re sell problems later on. Just rushing into things as I am on my full license soon and have always wanted a Ford turbo. Guess this gives me more time to save and get a low km manual anyways :P thanks
Jack960 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-11-2012, 12:12 AM   #32
Joshmcmillan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Help! please :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack960
Yeah looks like I may have to give it a pass, I didn't like the idea of a turbo with high Km's to begin with, not to mention the re sell problems later on. Just rushing into things as I am on my full license soon and have always wanted a Ford turbo. Guess this gives me more time to save and get a low km manual anyways :P thanks
Yeah, and for the sake of 2K you're going to spend less in the long run if you intend to keep it for a while... Also it will be a lot nicer to have during that time if you wait and find a really nice one

I more than understand the impatience you're going through. 3 months before I could get my black's I started looking around knowing I wouldn't get anything until a killer deal came up... 1 month later my BA2 Turbo came up while I was in Sydney to watch Eastern Creek... 89,000km's, 6 speed manual, good colour, premium sound, full log book history, always garaged, I had to have a look... then I had to see how much he would haggle, I was shocked and that was that! I've owned it for 6 weeks now, made a few minor modifications and I still have 3 weeks to wait before I can drive it and it's killing me... Just make sure the impatience doesn't stop you finding exactly what you want!

FG XR6 Turbo, 6 Speed Manual, Silhouette .

12/78 XC Ford Fairmont Project Car. (351, 5spd)
Build Thread: http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11444473

1968 Ford F350 LWB Dually. 300 Six, 4 speed. Beavertail project.

Joshmcmillan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post