Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 04-09-2023, 06:55 PM   #5641
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 
Default Re: What made you feel good today?

Should be fun, reckon you’ve got guts to ride in suburban Sydney with all the zombies in SUVs, though. Going to do HART?
Citroënbender is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-09-2023, 07:41 PM   #5642
.:4:.
Kicking back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citroënbender View Post
Should be fun, reckon you’ve got guts to ride in suburban Sydney with all the zombies in SUVs, though. Going to do HART?
Im assuming im on the same page with HART being the place in st ives? The honda training place?
Went there for a school excursion almost 20 years ago to teach driver safety. On the emergengy braking part where the course person shoved us into a honda odyssey, one of my bell end mates who was sitting in the middle of the centre row back seat took his seatbelt off and pretty much headbutted the windsheild when the emergency braking happened. That was pretty funny, although the course person found no humour in it.
Anyhow, no, im not an avid motorcycle person yet.
.:4:. is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 04-09-2023, 07:57 PM   #5643
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

Yes, I meant the St Ives place. It’s got a really good reputation.
Old 06-09-2023, 12:30 PM   #5644
Kicking back

Looked through the factory manual that came with the cbr125r to get stuff to give it a service. All the book says is spark plug and oil. Did some of the googles, and no, it doesnt have an oil filter or fuel filter. Being the efi model the only thing it uses to filter fuel is the sock on the fuel pump. Fuel pump has to come out anyways as the fuel guage does not work but google says its a common problem where the float comes off the turntable so shouldnt be an issue at all.
For some reason my brother is way more excited then me over this little learner burner. He has already swapped the mirrors over for kawasaki ones he has as they suit the bike better then the dumbo looking stock ones.
So 1L of penrite and an ngk plug (air filter is still clean) this thing is same if not cheaper to service then a briggs and stratton lawn powered mower.
2 users like this post:
Old 06-09-2023, 02:01 PM   #5645
marty351
Shenanigans..............

Are the 4cyl 250's still legal?
I remember them screaming up and down the Calder fwy in the 90's and 2000's.
marty351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-09-2023, 02:23 PM   #5646
Kicking back

Quote:
Originally Posted by marty351 View Post
Are the 4cyl 250's still legal?
I remember them screaming up and down the Calder fwy in the 90's and 2000's.
Should be. Learner burner rules in nsw state max of 660cc but 150kw or under per tonne.

Edit. Banned 250s for learners are the Suzuki rgv250
Kawasaki KR250 (KR-1 and KR1s models)  Honda NSR250  Yamaha TZR250  Aprilia RS250

Last edited by .:4:.; 06-09-2023 at 02:30 PM.
Old 07-09-2023, 10:59 AM   #5647
marty351
Shenanigans..............

Was going to mention the 2 strokes. There's always 1 in the group who gets one, and it's usually the one who either lost their licence or is about to lose it.
marty351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-09-2023, 07:49 PM   #5648
Kicking back

Quote:
Originally Posted by marty351 View Post
Was going to mention the 2 strokes. There's always 1 in the group who gets one, and it's usually the one who either lost their licence or is about to lose it.
I know a guy who had an rgv250 track bike then upgraded to a gsxr600 track bike. He reckoned the rgv was quicker around smaller tracks but just didnt have the legs down the long straights of bigger tracks compared to the 600.

Anyhow, did the oil and plug on the little burner today. That was a stupidly easy job on this thing. Didn't have to remove any fairings or anything. I dare say easier then a lawn mower.
Old 07-09-2023, 10:21 PM   #5649
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

The number of people in Woolies tonight gently singing or humming along with Confide in Me as it played through the in-store audio.

#pleadingthefifth
Old 08-09-2023, 06:54 PM   #5650
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 

Quote:
The number of people in Woolies tonight gently singing or humming along with Confide in Me as it played through the in-store audio.

#pleadingthefifth
The ultra camp version just for you.....................

And something a little different...............

Mustang GT

T3 TS50 - gone but not forgotten
DFB FGXR6 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 09-09-2023, 12:35 AM   #5651
Kicking back

The known when buying the little 125 was the fuel guage didn't work, old dryed out tyres and years since the last service. Anyhow, it has sinse been serviced, just have not done tyres yet. I have riden it a little. It cleaned up pretty good, the minor cosmetic things dont wash off, but its just stickers mainly. Could do something about that but most likely will not.
So it lives at my brothers house as he has the space, he is the bike guy. Not that i care at all, and i dunno why, when he has a bike that will do over the top speed of the learner burner in 1st gear he likes the 125, but he has been commuting the little thing. Well, he calls me today with the news. A few kays more then what the thing has done in 6 years must have rattled something and now the fuel guage works. Still kinda think fuel pump may need to be pulled, but in the same notion, i really do not want to create man made fuel leaks. But hey, everything works. Tyres arent a big issue, cheap enough.
Old 09-09-2023, 09:30 AM   #5652
LG17
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The Broncs performance last night.
LG17 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-09-2023, 01:07 PM   #5653
ford71V8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Talking Re: What made you feel good today?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFB FGXR6 View Post
The ultra camp version just for you.....................

]
I remember when this song was released.
My girlfriend at the time said "I wish I could sing like that.".....I said So does Kylie.
ford71V8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 09-09-2023, 11:18 PM   #5654
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Thumbs up Re: What made you feel good today?

Kev’s rendition made me think about whether Daniel Johns should be next to have a crack.

The Kylie version, dancers get full marks for effort.
Old 10-09-2023, 09:08 AM   #5655
Tonz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I have a hard time / difficulty watching / being aware of male (?) dancers prancing around like ..............
Old 10-09-2023, 03:56 PM   #5656
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonz View Post
I have a hard time / difficulty watching / being aware of male (?) dancers prancing around like ..............
You get used to it.............
Mustang GT

Old 10-09-2023, 04:03 PM   #5657
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Agreed, each to their own - I often have a hard time watching adults hitting each other in the name of “sport”.
3 users like this post:
Old 10-09-2023, 04:05 PM   #5658
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
Agreed, each to their own - I often have a hard time watching adults hitting each other in the name of “sport”.
Or grown men running around chasing a ball like children.............
Mustang GT

2 users like this post:
Old 11-09-2023, 08:51 PM   #5659
Kicking back

My last apprentice (now tradesman) calls me today. I was the last ditch effort with the issue he was trying to sort, all the other tradesmen he works with have no idea, he called the manager who said 'what are you getting paid for' and hung up.
So his issue was with an antiquated 110vdc central battery emergency lighting system. He tells me what he has tested and asks if he is on the right path. My answer to that was he is waaaaay off and is overthinking it. I could of just told him the fix but didnt. Instead i gave him a 30 second theory lesson on how these old sytems function then said let me know how you go. Half an hour later he texts me saying thanks, he worked it out.
Thats the thing, he worked it out. Next time if he comes across a similar issue he will probably be able to work it out again.
7 users like this post:
Old 13-09-2023, 05:01 AM   #5660
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

…Watching the real-time responses on MacRumors to the Apple “event”. A lot of under-impressed posts. Topics criticised per that crowd - colours are underwhelming, they’re sick of hearing about “carbon neutral”, there’s not great clarity over the charging ports, and the camera isn’t a significant change compared to previous generation.

All this negativity makes me feel good that I haven’t been hanging out to buy an iPhone 15.
Old 13-09-2023, 11:41 AM   #5661
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

iPhones aside, it’s been a feel-good day to hear some friends’ business venture has finally got legs in the very serious dollars category; they should soon be more than set for life. And it doesn’t involve underpriced primary industry or huge markups on Chinese made items. Australian effort and home grown IP.

Tempered by hearing about the death of Bill Burton, a real diamond-in-the-rough of the Pyrmont area. A lifetime choofer, lung cancer got him in the end.

https://pyrmonthistory.net.au/burton-bill
(Article doesn’t mention how he joined a book club because he realised they were full of single women! )
3 users like this post:
Old 13-09-2023, 04:45 PM   #5662
Tonz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Qantas being slapped in the face, if only the gay little fart was still around.
Will be interesting as to when or how thay actually pay out.
Old 13-09-2023, 06:53 PM   #5663
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Willingly providing technical info and documents, despite glitches. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonz View Post
Qantas being slapped in the face, if only the gay little fart was still around.
Will be interesting as to when or how thay actually pay out.
I don't think Joyce's sexual orientation is relevant to this topic, is it? I mean, would his actions be any more palatable if he was straight? Would it change your reaction? I don't think so. So how about we leave people's orientation choices out of it, eh?

To keep it on topic, I think this judgement should be more telling of the actions of the board more so than just Joyce. But I appreciate he's the one people seem to dislike and he's the CEO so focus will naturally turn to him.

Life is a journey, not a destination.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Daily: 2013 FGII EcoLPi in Winter White
Play: 2015 FG X XR8 in Emperor Show' N Shine thread

Gone, but not forgotten: 2015 SZII petrol Titanium Territory in Emperor
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-09-2023, 07:51 PM   #5664
Charliewool
Bolt Nerd
Donating Member3

Foxtrot…. You must be the ONLY Joyce fanboy in Australia..
That’s 2 threads you’ve backed him up in..
The man’s an obnoxious, self interested grub…. straight, gay or whatever his perversion!
2 wheels.. 2015 103ci HD Wideglide.. SOLD
SOLD THE LOT, Voted with our feet and relocated to COSTA RICA for some Pura Vida!
(Ex Blood Orange #023 FPV Pursuit owner : )
Charliewool is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
6 users like this post:
Old 13-09-2023, 08:31 PM   #5665
Itsme
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0 View Post
I don't think Joyce's sexual orientation is relevant to this topic, is it? I mean, would his actions be any more palatable if he was straight? Would it change your reaction? I don't think so. So how about we leave people's orientation choices out of it, eh?

To keep it on topic, I think this judgement should be more telling of the actions of the board more so than just Joyce. But I appreciate he's the one people seem to dislike and he's the CEO so focus will naturally turn to him.
Lighten up, Tonz is entitled to express his views like anyone else, the little Leprechaun certainly did with his views painted on Quantas aircraft, if you get my drift.
Itsme is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
5 users like this post:
Old 13-09-2023, 10:03 PM   #5666
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Willingly providing technical info and documents, despite glitches. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charliewool View Post
Foxtrot…. You must be the ONLY Joyce fanboy in Australia..
That’s 2 threads you’ve backed him up in..
The man’s an obnoxious, self interested grub…. straight, gay or whatever his perversion!
I 'must' be a fanboy because I've asked tonz, respectfully I think, to just not refer to a label that is not relevant to the discussion? OK, you must have a different definition of fanboy to me. But, that's a label I'm happy to wear in standing up for what is right if you think it's deserving.

For the record, I'd do the same thing for anyone, irrespective if I liked them, didn't like them or were indifferent.

I neither like Joyce, nor dislike him. I really don't know enough about him, or followed his antics enough to make a judgement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itsme
Lighten up, Tonz is entitled to express his views like anyone else, the little Leprechaun certainly did with his views painted on Quantas aircraft, if you get my drift.
Of course he is, and I'm not asking him to not air his opinion. Again, I'm just asking him to not use labels that are irrelevant to the post. Nothing more. Nothing less. It's pretty simple and just plain respectful.

Joyce's sexual orientation has nothing to do with this. Nor should it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

3 users like this post:
Old 14-09-2023, 04:26 PM   #5667
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Eight months ago my boss pulled me aside to tell me that the functions I had been providing were going to be redistributed to other employees in the organisation.

Since then, they've offered me a position which was two levels lower than my current level. I told them to go back to the drawing board (not the actual words I used ) as the company policy and our employment agreement stated they needed to find me something that was "no less favourable".

This prompted me to consider other options, depending on what the outcome was.

Today, they've offered me a draft position description at my current substantive level.

It's a bit of a bitter sweet scenario, really. I'd made up my mind I wanted to leave and pursue other interests. But, to make it work, I needed them to make me redundant. I won't be able to pursue those options with this offer. On the other hand, my pay is very good and I would never be able to find anything like this position elsewhere. So, I'll stay for another 3.5 years, in which time I should have paid off my house and I'll have access to my full super entitlement, and then move on to those other pursuits.

It's not a bad position to be in. The end of a prolonged stress period is nearing, which makes me feel good.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

7 users like this post:
Old 14-09-2023, 08:47 PM   #5668
Kicking back

Went for a proper ride (as in not just local) on the little cbr125r with my brother today. Its never going to set any land speed records but it is easy to ride provided you keep it around or above 8k. Clutch feels good, brakes work. Only mistake i made wasnt a riding thing, i left the driveway visor up and down the street was a bloke whipper snippering the nature strip, so i copped a face full of crap.
2 users like this post:
Old 15-09-2023, 01:45 AM   #5669
Syndrome
Ford screwed the Falcon

2023 FF Australian Cup quarter finals

Melbourne Knights 3 - 2 Heidelberg United

My cars

Current ride
2016 FG X XR6 - 6 speed manual

Previous rides
2009 FG XR6 - 6 speed auto
2006 BF MkII XT ESP - 6 speed auto
2003 BA XT V8 - 5 speed manual
1999 AU Forte - 5 speed manual
1997 EL Fairmont - 4 speed auto
1990 EAII Fairmont Ghia - 4 speed auto
Syndrome is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-09-2023, 03:43 PM   #5670
Rallye Sport
RS The Faster Fords

I come for the good feels but stay for the casual homophobia
FG XR50 Daily.
Rallye Sport is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post