Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 28-01-2014, 11:22 AM   #511
OCTANEBOSS

Default Re: Gen F HSV GTS Review, 0-100 in 4.4s

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorted View Post
Anyway time to move this to the NON-FORD Section
About time someone emptied the *iss pan
3 users like this post:
Old 28-01-2014, 11:54 AM   #512
stazza
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by 40RDT View Post
I disagree, the GTS is no doubt worth the price tag, we're talking about a 90k car that can match and even beat euro performance cars that cost over 200k.

As for the issues that the VF has I assume you're talking about the thread on the LS1 forum? If so you're blowing it way out of proportion, it only has around 300 odd posts and are minor issues.
The GT can match the euros too. Or is everyone forgetting this becauset this is a gts thread? Times have been ranging from low 12s to high 12s from both GT R Spec and GTS, so the GT is arguably on par with many times from the GTS. Unfortunately the magazines haven't really given the R Spec anywhere near as much coverage.

As for the VF issues thread, the Holden forums are no where near as busy as these forums, not to mention 90 percent of Holden diehard rednecks most likely cant use computers.
2011 SILHOUETTE FPV GS 315 #0275
20x10", 20x8.5" Lenso D1R's
Pedders XA Coilovers
Brembo 4/1
Pacemaker 1" 7/8 Headers
Twin 3" Stainless Manta Catback
XFT Built Motor
XFT Custom Surge Tank
XFT Stage 3 ZF
Final Drive Chromoly Tailshaft
KPM Twin Air Filter
KPM Stage 2 Intercooler
KPM Twin Throttle Body
2.6L Kenne Bell on E85
BlueStreak Circle D Converter
900+ rwhp thanks to Xtreme Ford Tuning
2 users like this post:
Old 28-01-2014, 12:11 PM   #513
mcnews
Trev

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Trev has owned several boosted fords and has really contributed a lot of info on them. His posts in the bike section are also very helpful. I think he should be recognised as a technical contributor. 

Stazza only cares about acceleration obviously. From talking to people who have driven them hard at the track, the VF SS with its low power compared to our cars would also lap considerably quicker than our cars. By all reports, the VF is a very sweet handler.

T
2 users like this post:
Old 28-01-2014, 12:34 PM   #514
stazza
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcnews View Post
Stazza only cares about acceleration obviously. From talking to people who have driven them hard at the track, the VF SS with its low power compared to our cars would also lap considerably quicker than our cars. By all reports, the VF is a very sweet handler.

T
I'm quite confident my car will never see a track, so that doesnt concern me.
2011 SILHOUETTE FPV GS 315 #0275
20x10", 20x8.5" Lenso D1R's
Pedders XA Coilovers
Brembo 4/1
Pacemaker 1" 7/8 Headers
Twin 3" Stainless Manta Catback
XFT Built Motor
XFT Custom Surge Tank
XFT Stage 3 ZF
Final Drive Chromoly Tailshaft
KPM Twin Air Filter
KPM Stage 2 Intercooler
KPM Twin Throttle Body
2.6L Kenne Bell on E85
BlueStreak Circle D Converter
900+ rwhp thanks to Xtreme Ford Tuning
Old 28-01-2014, 12:56 PM   #515
fgpsi
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by stazza View Post
See, THIS is what I'm talking about when I say Holden/HSV are cheap ****. Aiming for euro market with **** poor build quality. This car is $100k. For 100 grand you should expect far better quality than this.

Most of us here own cars roughly half of the price and wouldn't have even come close to the glaring and alarming number of issues the VF has had.

What's the point of fancy seats and gadgets for $100k if it ***** itself? Yes it has warranty but who wants to be taking time off work etc to take it to the dealer to get the problems rectified?

Everyone saying it is worth the price tag needs a reality check.
Here's a pic of a brand new F6E interior from when they first came out. Note the drivers seat.

Happens with Ford's too.

2 users like this post:
Old 28-01-2014, 01:37 PM   #516
lucas2
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

If Ford released an intercooled miami "GT-HO" or similar with identical specs and price as the GTS, with all the gadgets and diff/coolers, I'm sure a lot of the "haters" would be praising it. A GT is a brilliant car, and a GTS has taken it to the next level. They are both great cars and I'm sure those that buy either will do so because that's what they want out of their car and dollars. I've haven't heard of a disappointed GT owner yet, so they must go alright too
2 users like this post:
Old 28-01-2014, 02:52 PM   #517
Bent8
Long live the GT !

HSV should consider themselves lucky Ford didn't import the 493kW GT500 motor and use that in the new GT's... it would've been game over for the GTS !

Anyways, it's an impressive car while being a little overpriced but the exhaust note is nowhere near as good as the GT's 5.0 from the factory.

The last bit of the video shows the immense torque output of the blown 6.2 which allows the GTS to hit 100 clicks in 4.4 seconds..... IN 2ND GEAR !!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mri0y0lqZdk

"Whatya think of me car, XR Falcon, 351 Blown Cleveland running Motec injection and runnin' on methanol... goes pretty hard too, got heaps of torque for chucking burnouts, IT'S UNREAL !!" - Poida
Old 28-01-2014, 03:02 PM   #518
Blue Roo
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
See, THIS is what I'm talking about when I say Holden/HSV are cheap ****. Aiming for euro market with **** poor build quality. This car is $100k. For 100 grand you should expect far better quality than this.

Most of us here own cars roughly half of the price and wouldn't have even come close to the glaring and alarming number of issues the VF has had.

What's the point of fancy seats and gadgets for $100k if it ***** itself? Yes it has warranty but who wants to be taking time off work etc to take it to the dealer to get the problems rectified?

Everyone saying it is worth the price tag needs a reality check.
I really have to agree with you on this Stazza. If I was to outlay $100K on a top of the range car, I would expect top quality product. But those Leather Seats in the HSV GTS are Atrocious (crap). That's the type quality you would get in one of those cheap Chinese Great Wall cars, not a top end dollar car like a BMW, Mercedes,Audi or even a Povo Pac Porsche.
This user likes this post:
Old 28-01-2014, 03:18 PM   #519
40RDT
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
The GT can match the euros too. Or is everyone forgetting this becauset this is a gts thread? Times have been ranging from low 12s to high 12s from both GT R Spec and GTS, so the GT is arguably on par with many times from the GTS. Unfortunately the magazines haven't really given the R Spec anywhere near as much coverage.

As for the VF issues thread, the Holden forums are no where near as busy as these forums, not to mention 90 percent of Holden diehard rednecks most likely cant use computers.
The GT can't match euro performance cars. Last months Motor mag had a comparision between the R Spec and the GTS, even though it should have been against the GTP considering you can't even buy an R Spec anymore but anyways the GTS was not only quicker it mauled it by over 3 seconds on a small circuit. If the R Spec can't even compete with a GTS there is no way a GT can compete with euro performance cars
3 users like this post:
Old 28-01-2014, 03:36 PM   #520
Bent8
Long live the GT !

Quote:
The GT can't match euro performance cars. Last months Motor mag had a comparision between the R Spec and the GTS, even though it should have been against the GTP considering you can't even buy an R Spec anymore but anyways the GTS was not only quicker it mauled it by over 3 seconds on a small circuit. If the R Spec can't even compete with a GTS there is no way a GT can compete with euro performance cars
Don't forget the GT has been around for over 5 years now... so it's a bit unfair comparing it to the latest offering from HSV or Euro muscle which the GT was never designed to compete with anyway.

Ford has the tech and know-how to take on the best when they want to, just look at what they did to the Ferrari's in the late 60's LeMans events.

"Whatya think of me car, XR Falcon, 351 Blown Cleveland running Motec injection and runnin' on methanol... goes pretty hard too, got heaps of torque for chucking burnouts, IT'S UNREAL !!" - Poida
Old 28-01-2014, 03:53 PM   #521
fgpsi
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Just do the pulley, zorst and tune to the FPV 335 and maul every GTS ;)
Old 28-01-2014, 04:17 PM   #522
40RDT
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bent8 View Post
Don't forget the GT has been around for over 5 years now... so it's a bit unfair comparing it to the latest offering from HSV or Euro muscle which the GT was never designed to compete with anyway.

Ford has the tech and know-how to take on the best when they want to, just look at what they did to the Ferrari's in the late 60's LeMans events.
FPV and HSV are direct competitors, have been for over a decade now i'm not sure why you wouldn't compare the current models with each other.

Im sure there were comparision between VE HSV's and FG FPV's even though the VE had been around since 2006.

Last edited by 40RDT; 28-01-2014 at 04:26 PM.
4 users like this post:
Old 28-01-2014, 04:29 PM   #523
40RDT
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by fgpsi View Post
Just do the pulley, zorst and tune to the FPV 335 and maul every GTS ;)
Do the same to the GTS and maul modified FPV 335's
Old 28-01-2014, 04:32 PM   #524
Wretched
Render unto Caesar

Quote:
R-spec competed in last years PCOTY I think it was, struggled to even see off Euro hot hatches around the circuit, forget the big boys from EU.
Old 28-01-2014, 04:34 PM   #525
fgpsi
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Yep. Works both ways lol
Old 28-01-2014, 04:46 PM   #526
Bent8
Long live the GT !

Quote:
FPV and HSV are direct competitors, have been for over a decade now i'm not sure why you wouldn't compare the current models with each other.

Im sure there were comparision between VE HSV's and FG FPV's even though the VE had been around since 2006.
And we all know how well the VE's fared when compared to the FG's... lacking in almost every department.

Old 28-01-2014, 05:08 PM   #527
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wretched View Post
R-spec competed in last years PCOTY I think it was, struggled to even see off Euro hot hatches around the circuit, forget the big boys from EU.
As far as big boofy Aussie built sedans FPV of HSV

still within reach of Joe average that has his **** together

Bags of funs
2 users like this post:
Old 28-01-2014, 05:11 PM   #528
Wretched
Render unto Caesar

Quote:
Originally Posted by pottery beige View Post
As far as big boofy Aussie built sedans FPV of HSV

still within reach of Joe average that has his **** together

Bags of funs
totally agree. I was just adding to the post i quoted and responding to the post above.
Old 28-01-2014, 05:24 PM   #529
40RDT
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
And we all know how well the VE's fared when compared to the FG's... lacking in almost every department.
I dunno about every department, straight line speed and outright power yes but the rest of package was pretty decent ie seats, brakes, suspension.
2 users like this post:
Old 28-01-2014, 05:58 PM   #530
XD ESP! XELR8
ESP5 + BOOST

[QUOTE=Express;4834142]The times are quoted by HSV and not yet confirmed by any other source.

I’m interested to see how quick it will be in the real world.

Plus 4.4sec to 100 from 430kw seems a fraction off the pace to me.

How's the real world looking mate?

Daily drives
BA XR6T lighting strike...Boosted
FG G6ET ego...tuned
F6
Old 28-01-2014, 07:21 PM   #531
burnz
VFII SS UTE

is this thread still going...
Old 28-01-2014, 07:27 PM   #532
timetaker

Quote:
I'm not entirely convinced.
I have never had any respect for that "high tech"6.2L pushrod lump.
Anyways,modify a F6 and it will maul a modified GTS!
2 users like this post:
Old 28-01-2014, 07:41 PM   #533
nstg8a

Quote:
but the exhaust note is nowhere near as good as the GT's 5.0 from the factory.
Wow, shows that sound quality is as subjective as looks lol.

To me, the gts sounds like a true old school muscle car, the gt sounds umm, dunno how to describe it without offending current owners.

Gts sounds better IMO.
Old 28-01-2014, 07:48 PM   #534
40RDT
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by timetaker View Post
I'm not entirely convinced.
I have never had any respect for that "high tech"6.2L pushrod lump.
Anyways,modify a F6 and it will maul a modified GTS!
Active Automotives GTS in WA has an exhaust, pulley, intake and tune and has done a best time of 10.4 on stock tyres. Very damn quick for minimal mods, I dont think ive seen a mildly modified F6 or GT achieve the same yet
Old 28-01-2014, 08:22 PM   #535
BHDOGS
Banned

holden the champions of getting **** power out of bigger displacement engines.
Old 28-01-2014, 08:30 PM   #536
Auslandau
335 - STILL THE BOSS ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by nstg8a View Post
Wow, shows that sound quality is as subjective as looks lol.

To me, the gts sounds like a true old school muscle car, the gt sounds umm, dunno how to describe it without offending current owners.

Gts sounds better IMO.
The 5.0 sounds good enough to be the first mod I did ...... they are a bit tinny. The GTS I think is quieter though .... have heard only 2 though, 1 was barely noticeable but was on the freeway. The other was at the lights and even though took of sedately I thought was way too quiet.

101,436 MEMBERS ......... 101,436 OPINIONS ..... What could possibly go wrong!

Clevo Mafia
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 28-01-2014, 08:47 PM   #537
Blue Roo
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Active Automotives GTS in WA has an exhaust, pulley, intake and tune and has done a best time of 10.4 on stock tyres. Very damn quick for minimal mods, I dont think ive seen a mildly modified F6 or GT achieve the same yet
Well! I have.
Unless you walk around with your eyes closed. Both Herrod and KPM have the same type of Performance Packages that will give the same result.
So 4ORDT, Check Mate!
Old 28-01-2014, 08:48 PM   #538
Blue Roo
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Sorry double post.
Old 28-01-2014, 09:03 PM   #539
Road Games

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Replacement. 

Can't you blokes let the holden have one thread to itself without hi-jacking it ?

Old 28-01-2014, 09:03 PM   #540
40RDT
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Roo View Post
Well! I have.
Unless you walk around with your eyes closed. Both Herrod and KPM have the same type of Performance Packages that will give the same result.
So 4ORDT, Check Mate!
I call BS, any links to these cars?
Closed Thread