Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 14-08-2015, 11:33 PM   #421
castellan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: The drug "Ice"

Quote:
Originally Posted by pottery beige View Post
Pass me the bong I need a sleeps
Ok man !

You want one with a shotty or one without, like that pregnant woman on TV a few weeks ago I seen, she was off the drugs, so her mother said standing their watching her smoke some crap out of a filthy bog that only a moron would use.
castellan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-08-2015, 11:59 PM   #422
marty351
Shenanigans..............

Next in the firing line....
School run mums in their diesel tractors polluting the air outside pickup/drop off zones.
And the backlash... " It's not as harmful as passive smoking".
marty351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-08-2015, 10:49 AM   #423
2011G6E
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

https://au.news.yahoo.com/video/watc...-on-ice/#page1

And yes, drugs DO equal crime. Full stop. At a minimum, they're illegal to use. And bullcrap about "make them legal and crime will stop" is just plain stupid.

OK, government decides to control all drugs and make them legal. I assume they aren't going to be giving them away and you will still have to buy them? So you're making an awfully big leap of faith that junkies are suddenly going to come over all community minded and stop stealing peoples stuff to pay for those drugs...

Last edited by nuthin' fancy; 18-08-2015 at 09:46 AM.
2011G6E is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 16-08-2015, 06:16 PM   #424
castellan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011G6E View Post
Another useless waste of oxygen ice user doesn't do the decent thing and die by hitting a light pole, he has to take out two innocent oldies...

https://au.news.yahoo.com/video/watc...-on-ice/#page1

And yes, drugs DO equal crime. Full stop. At a minimum, they're illegal to use. And bullcrap about "make them legal and crime will stop" is just plain stupid.

OK, government decides to control all drugs and make them legal. I assume they aren't going to be giving them away and you will still have to buy them? So you're making an awfully big leap of faith that junkies are suddenly going to come over all community minded and stop stealing peoples stuff to pay for those drugs...
Licence is the only way to go with drugs, but still not Legal unless you abide by the rules.

We have to get rid of the filthy drugs that are made up by fools and such people making it or selling it given the rope.

People hooked on bad drugs, sent to Israel or given the same type of care that works, not the hair brain foolish crap we play hear.
Old 16-08-2015, 06:31 PM   #425
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Well, I'm going to chuck in my two cents on the drug issue here:

I think we should seriously consider legalising the 'party' type drugs:

MDMA
Marijuana
Magic Mushrooms

What you could do is set up a heavily regulated industry around them, for example if a farmer wanted to grow a crop of marijuana:

Application process - fees associated with the process to apply for the license to grow these crops.

License process - licensing has fees associated with being able to obtain the license to grow the crop.

Regulate the industry and maybe even create an Australian Standard on how it is to be done, you could regulate transportation and distribution of it too with associated fees and licensing costs.

Enough people smoke it to be able to turn it into an industry, legalise it, regulate it, tax it on sales like tobacco and get a slice through GST.

Even with MDMA you could get a pharmaceutical company to make something pure thats not cut with chemicals and made in some dudes toilet and again with all the licensing and associated fees.

Maybe distribution centers though pharmacies or even night clubs for MDMA?

Set up areas where you can legally use these party drugs and strictly no usage outside of them, not everyone wants to walk down the street with the smell of marijuana in the air.

Not only legalise it but fix education issues on drugs at school, I finished year 12 in 2009 and we never touched the subject of drugs at school, barely even touched on alcohol at all and never any driver education.

Make it so people can grow marijuana at home for personal use, but if you get caught dealing marijuana you get stomped on, I imagine if you got caught growing and selling tobacco you would get the book shoved up sideways where the sun don't shine.

Maybe first and second offences, not jail because it costs us too much but long community service sentences, third strike jail time.

I've never touched drugs, but there is $$$ in it for sure.

Last edited by Franco Cozzo; 16-08-2015 at 06:40 PM.
Franco Cozzo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-08-2015, 07:14 PM   #426
Syndrome
Ford screwed the Falcon

My cars

Current ride
2016 FG X XR6 - 6 speed manual

Previous rides
2009 FG XR6 - 6 speed auto
2006 BF MkII XT ESP - 6 speed auto
2003 BA XT V8 - 5 speed manual
1999 AU Forte - 5 speed manual
1997 EL Fairmont - 4 speed auto
1990 EAII Fairmont Ghia - 4 speed auto
Syndrome is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-08-2015, 09:48 PM   #427
CoupeKing
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I'd rather live next to a bong- head than a meth addict. I'm not a stoner myself, but have read into it's medicinal properties. Over half the states in America have made it state law that it can be purchased for medical use. Will be the same here within 5 years.
CoupeKing is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 17-08-2015, 08:48 AM   #428
xisled
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoupeKing View Post
I'd rather live next to a bong- head than a meth addict. I'm not a stoner myself, but have read into it's medicinal properties. Over half the states in America have made it state law that it can be purchased for medical use. Will be the same here within 5 years.
Bong heads, ice addicts, speed freaks, heroin junkies are all the same. They all may be different drugs but can all end up with the same outcome.

I have seen and dealt with effects from all types of drugs. I don't use myself, but I know and have lived with people who have a problem.

The worst is people who think dope is not a bad drug, when people are having 5 plus bongs a day just to make it through the day, tell me it's not as bad as heroin or ice.

With your statement about the medical properties, yes it may have some good medical properties but not in the form dope smokers smoke it. If it was refined then it is possible to be good without getting people high.
xisled is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 17-08-2015, 10:32 AM   #429
Harrison

Marijuana is not as bad as heroin or ice.

Open your eyes. Alcohol is far worse than pot.

Look at the collateral damage after any weekend.
Harrison is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 17-08-2015, 10:53 AM   #430
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrison View Post
Marijuana is not as bad as heroin or ice.

Open your eyes. Alcohol is far worse than pot.

Look at the collateral damage after any weekend.
Dont fully agree but alcohol is taken in excess is public area's.

Pot smokers stay in garages (generally) because they have too.
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Polyal is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 17-08-2015, 11:19 AM   #431
Maka
Au Falcon = Mr Reliable

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Embodiment of the AFF spirit in his efforts with ACP. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoupeKing View Post
Will be earlier than that thanks to the Haslam's @ Tamworth

cheer's, Maka

Proud owner of a optioned keeper S1 Tickford Falcon AU XR6 VCT - "it's actually a better-balanced car than the XR8, goes almost as hard and uses about two-thirds of the fuel" (Drive.com 2007)
Maka is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-08-2015, 09:30 PM   #432
marty351

Quote:
Originally Posted by xisled View Post
Bong heads, ice addicts, speed freaks, heroin junkies are all the same. They all may be different drugs but can all end up with the same outcome.

I have seen and dealt with effects from all types of drugs. I don't use myself, but I know and have lived with people who have a problem.

The worst is people who think dope is not a bad drug, when people are having 5 plus bongs a day just to make it through the day, tell me it's not as bad as heroin or ice.

With your statement about the medical properties, yes it may have some good medical properties but not in the form dope smokers smoke it. If it was refined then it is possible to be good without getting people high.

No they are not.
Having been a bong smoker for over ten years, quit cold turkey 7 years ago, only to drink even more, the thought never crossed my mind to rob, rape and pillage for my next hit.
Most weed smokers are well functioning members of society, can handle themselves properly and look foward to the after work cone to relax.

Heroin, I have never seen, Ice, I have never seen.
Personally never known anyone using that junk.

How many hippies have later become the most revered in their profession?
I can think of a few...
Old 18-08-2015, 12:13 AM   #433
CoupeKing
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Few glasses of red at the end off the day is socially acceptable. Rip a cone and you're an outcast.
CoupeKing is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-08-2015, 08:46 AM   #434
xisled
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by marty351 View Post
No they are not.
Having been a bong smoker for over ten years, quit cold turkey 7 years ago, only to drink even more, the thought never crossed my mind to rob, rape and pillage for my next hit.
Most weed smokers are well functioning members of society, can handle themselves properly and look foward to the after work cone to relax.

Heroin, I have never seen, Ice, I have never seen.
Personally never known anyone using that junk.

How many hippies have later become the most revered in their profession?
I can think of a few...
Just as many people live a "normal life" on all types of drugs. I know of a couple people who smoke heroin on a daily basis, you would never know they did and they don't have the need to steal, rape or hurt, but they do have a problem with the drug. These few people have families, work 9 to 5 jobs, go out, have money to spend, but they do have a problem.

All drugs including weed are as bad as each other. Not looking at the crime side of this, but look at the affect it has on people. Someone who has multiple bongs per day and cant get up without having a bong is no different to someone who cant get out of bed without having a line of ice. There is no difference, an addiction is still an addiction and it does not matter if it is an addiction to ice, weed, heroine or alcohol, it can destroy lives, breaks family up and hurt everyone else around.

I do agree with alcohol being a bigger problem than most drugs, as it is sociable accepted here in Australia. One day hopefully this changes. (When I say this I mean people who think its ok to get drunk every weekend, not person who has 1 or 2 when they go out).
xisled is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-08-2015, 03:57 PM   #435
marty351

I can't speak for every weed user, but I never knew any that needed a bong or joint just to function.
Marijuana is not a physcial addiction so much it is a psychological addiction. Any withdrawal symptoms are short term and not fatal, unlike the others.
Old 20-08-2015, 12:52 PM   #436
castellan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by marty351 View Post
I can't speak for every weed user, but I never knew any that needed a bong or joint just to function.
Marijuana is not a physcial addiction so much it is a psychological addiction. Any withdrawal symptoms are short term and not fatal, unlike the others.
I know an old mate that goes into a room every hour on the hour for the bubble bong, I don't think he could function without the rubbish.

He was as a kid what's now know as an obsessive compulsive type of person, they are the type who should never drink or take drugs ever.

He has been smoking for 30 years now and he got into speed and just about killed himself with that crap, but only smokes dope for the last 15 years, so he says, but I only see him like once a year now where he lives and he never drives far from home.

The dope he smokes is grown under lights and I believe him to be schizophrenic because of it.
2 users like this post:
Old 20-08-2015, 07:17 PM   #437
marty351

There are those that have the predisposition for mental illness that should never touch anything, and I hope they are the vast minority.
Some people can afford to lose a few brain cells, some can't.
Old 20-08-2015, 07:40 PM   #438
MrEL
Sick Puppy

Quote:
Originally Posted by castellan View Post

He was as a kid what's now know as an obsessive compulsive type of person, they are the type who should never drink or take drugs ever.
What a load of misinformed , uneducated crap.
There is no reason why someone who has OCD cannot drink. Why do you say there is?
Do you actually understand what OCD is exactly?
I know half a dozen people who battle it everyday and they are successful at work , successful with their families and enjoy a refreshing bevy as much as anyone else.
They are no different.
OCD is something basically everyone has but some people have it worse.
It is the survival instinct. It is a milder version of OCD that will make you check that you turned the iron off , it will make you wash your hands after backing one out.
It will make you not want to wallow in your own filth.
People who suffer from full blown OCD generally have it bought on by a traumatic event.
There is absolutely no reason why someone with OCD cannot have a drink and function like anyone else.
Your comments are very offensive to me knowing people who have it and Id say to a lot of members of this forum who either have it or know people who do.
MrEL is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-08-2015, 08:54 PM   #439
marty351

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrEL View Post
There is no reason why someone who has OCD cannot drink. Why do you say there is?
I know half a dozen people who battle it everyday and they are successful at work , successful with their families and enjoy a refreshing bevy as much as anyone else.
They are no different.
It is the survival instinct. It is a milder version of OCD that will make you check that you turned the iron off , it will make you wash your hands after backing one out.
People who suffer from full blown OCD generally have it bought on by a traumatic event.
There is absolutely no reason why someone with OCD cannot have a drink and function like anyone else.
Your comments are very offensive to me knowing people who have it and Id say to a lot of members of this forum who either have it or know people who do.

Obsessive compulsive by way of drug use.
Similar to people who wear tinfoil on their heads thinking other sources may read their mind.
Old 20-08-2015, 09:09 PM   #440
castellan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
They are no different.
Sorry bro.
But I do not know or claim the full in and out's of such a thing to be a Doctor on it, but just from looking back in his case, as I known him from when he was 8 yo, if I only knew what I know now with his case, I would of tried to stop him.
I just thought he was just trying to keep up with the boys type of thing drinking, everything was a competiton with him, he was full on.
Sculling competitions good fun, but we would burst out laughing at how serious he was.
He was a Boxer and was always mouthing off about people wanting to fight them in the boxing ring, and then you would get some fool coming up wanting to fight him on the street with their twerps in toe.
He was good fighting in the ring, but bloody hopeless on the street.
Old 20-08-2015, 09:31 PM   #441
castellan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
They are no different.
I did not try to or try to offend any one MrEL but their was no names for a lot of such things like so, back in my day.
But I do try to understand people, that maybe a bit hard on the net to do, but in person I am a lot more understanding of people and I know a lot of people do not take the time or even care to understand where others are coming from, if others have issues and so on.
I know what you mean, but I was only coming from my old mates point of view and I did not mean to offend anyone at all. sorry.
Old 21-08-2015, 08:37 AM   #442
nuthin' fancy
Lyminge, Shepway, Kent
Donating Member3

I was a coward growing up (haven't changed much, probabaly haven't grown up either) and I was too scared to get involved in drugs, and I'm glad for that. I drink my fair share, though.

A mate of mine who is a regular dope smoker has said that the worst thing about dope is the people you have to deal with to get it. If you have a dependant sort of personality, you will be encouraged by a lot of these types to try more and different products they have to offer.

The difference between alcohol and illicit drugs is that (apart from home brew), alcohol is produced to standards imposed by law to have a consistent product free of contaminants, drugs have who knows what in them.

"Comedy is when you fall into an open sewer and die, tragedy is when I get a paper cut"
nuthin' fancy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
6 users like this post:
Old 21-08-2015, 10:26 PM   #443
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I'd say that a functional bong head or alcoholic is the exception not the rule. I know for a certain fact that if you do one or both on a daily basis over any extended time you turn out a loser typically. And if that's not enough you also make the lives of those around you 'pleasant' too
MITCHAY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 23-08-2015, 08:50 AM   #444
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

a good read

http://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/hea...-1227494947900
pottery beige is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 23-08-2015, 12:51 PM   #445
buggerlugs
If it ain't broke........
Donating Member1

And this...........
http://www.news.com.au/national/insi...-1227494239807
Old 02-09-2015, 12:15 PM   #446
ford71V8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by pottery beige View Post

I always thought there was something up with this guy.
Could never warm to him (and his teeth creeped me out )
Turns out the reason was obvious!

This story on the news this morning.... http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/q...-1227507628402
ford71V8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-10-2015, 12:28 AM   #447
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

This evening my Nephew had a close encounter with an ice addict and he said it was the scariest thing he had ever witnessed.

Apparently he was heading down to the local Chinese shop for some tea with his partner and 3 children. At some stage he found himself following an early model Toyota Camry and continued to do so for about 5-10 minutes along 2 or 3 roads. He said he wasnt tailgating, he could have overtaken on dual lanes a number of times but was just cruising along talking to his missus about the game today.
As he got close to his destination he moved in to the right lane to turn right when he noticed this guy, early 20's going mental in the rear of the Camry.
He said it was like the guy had his sights set on his 5yo son and was trying to climb through the rear windscreen to get to him.
He said he wasnt looking at anyone else in the car, it was as if no one else was there, just him and his target, fixed on the 5yo and screaming profanities and threats to kill him.
When he realised he couldnt get through the window he opened the door and tried to jump out, another passenger, there were 3 older women in the car, had to grab him to stop.
The driver was screaming at my Nephew to get away.

The Nephew took a hard right and took the back entrance in to the shopping complex he was going to.
Just as he went to get out of the car at the shop he spotted the Camry coming through the carpark so he jumped back in his car and fled.
Luckily, up the road was an unmarked cop car so he pulled over to report the incident.
He told the detective that the guy just went off and wanted to kill his 5yo.
Unfortunately they didnt get a rego number in all the commotion as by the time they knew what was going on, they were beside them.

The detective spoke to the 5yo who told him he was scared, he was filthy apparently and wanted to get hold of them and put a call over for all patrols to look out for the camry and occupants.
He then escorted the Nephew and family back to the Chinese shop to get tea, he warned the nephew that if they come back and a confrontation was to take place he would call for back up and rely on the stun gun to subdue him until they can sedate him.
Fortunately they didnt show but the Nephew made a comment about the driver telling them to get away and then she turned back to find them and the detective said he would have threatened to kill them all if they didnt comply. He said when they got to wherever they were going he would bash one or more of them to satisfy his rage.
He said he see's it daily, it is considered worse than any disease known to man.

Scary **** man when a ******* psycho sets his sights on a 5yo kid.
BENT_8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-10-2015, 08:42 AM   #448
redxm
64 Deluxe 4 door
Donating Member3

Yep, that's scary stuff. Glad it all turned out OK for your Nephew and family.

I used think that if someone broke into my yard/house I would have a go at them, but now you wouldn't know if they were drug affected. Best left for the blue uniforms now.
redxm is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-10-2015, 09:33 AM   #449
Maka
Au Falcon = Mr Reliable

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Embodiment of the AFF spirit in his efforts with ACP. 

For me, the global ice epidemic just epitomizes all that's wrong with society / the world. Depressing really....

cheer's, Maka

Proud owner of a optioned keeper S1 Tickford Falcon AU XR6 VCT - "it's actually a better-balanced car than the XR8, goes almost as hard and uses about two-thirds of the fuel" (Drive.com 2007)
Maka is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 18-10-2015, 11:48 AM   #450
superyob
Banned

Bent 8, that story is a clear indication that in order to protect society, harsher control measures need to be introduced to cut the problem off at the source, rather than ambulance at the bottom of the cliff approach...
superyob is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post: