Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 07-03-2015, 05:00 PM   #361
superyob
Banned

Default Re: The drug "Ice"

The above articles just confirm that we live in a spineless democracy whereby any issue, even worthless ones, are subject to far more importance than they deserve. Get rid of the hand wringing bleeding hearts whose sole purpose in life is to bring society to its knees by validating every deviancy and get some backbone about handling society's ills...
superyob is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 07-03-2015, 05:50 PM   #362
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by superyob View Post
The above articles just confirm that we live in a spineless democracy whereby any issue, even worthless ones, are subject to far more importance than they deserve. Get rid of the hand wringing bleeding hearts whose sole purpose in life is to bring society to its knees by validating every deviancy and get some backbone about handling society's ills...
If you want a dictatorship, I'm happy to be the dictator.
Franco Cozzo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-03-2015, 08:35 PM   #363
superyob
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Damo View Post
If you want a dictatorship, I'm happy to be the dictator.
El Presidente Big Damo has a commanding ring to it...
2 users like this post:
Old 07-03-2015, 11:37 PM   #364
esppwr

It's easy to call drug users all sorts of names & demand ridiculous penalties until you have a close family member, friend or worst of all a child become dependant on drugs. Then your perspective will change very quickly.

Drugs aren't the problem, its unfortunately in some of us, our human nature is to become dependant on drugs (prescription & illegal), alcohol, gambling and much more.
Decriminalizing drugs allows the streets to be cleaned up, it stops the drug trade and creates a legal form of revenue that can be used to help rehabilitate dependant people just like taxes on cigarettes, alcohol & gambling do currently.
More importantly it controls the way drugs are consumed and takes away the cool factor of some drugs. Authorities will better understand the issues and develop better strategies to combat them.

Australia has to change its drug laws, they simply aren't working. Some will argue harsher penalties are the solution, I feel they will compound the problem. Decriminalizing drugs is different to legalizing drugs. Controls will need to be put in place for how the drugs can be accessed & the quantity consumed over a time frame. At least you won't be able to get them on every second corner, or delivered to your door, like you are now.

just my 2c
esppwr is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
5 users like this post:
Old 08-03-2015, 12:10 AM   #365
zilo
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by esppwr View Post
It's easy to call drug users all sorts of names & demand ridiculous penalties until you have a close family member, friend or worst of all a child become dependant on drugs. Then your perspective will change very quickly.

I have lost more friends and family to cigarettes than anything else.

I've watched them choke and gasp right down to that final breath.

Most horrific thing to watch.

It's completely legal, has a huge tax whacked onto it and yet millions still use this drug openly, decriminalized and still glamorized in some circles.

It kills far more people than ice, heroin etc.

The govt relies on it's revenue to fill it's coffers, so decriminalizing any drug by taxing it has no prospect of success in my opinion.
zilo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 08-03-2015, 10:03 AM   #366
superyob
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by zilo View Post
I have lost more friends and family to cigarettes than anything else.

I've watched them choke and gasp right down to that final breath.

Most horrific thing to watch.

It's completely legal, has a huge tax whacked onto it and yet millions still use this drug openly, decriminalized and still glamorized in some circles.
It kills far more people than ice, heroin etc.

The govt relies on it's revenue to fill it's coffers, so decriminalizing any drug by taxing it has no prospect of success in my opinion.
Agree! But I wonder if the tax raised covers the medical expenses incurred by smokers. And I doubt that cigarette use causes people to turn to crime...
2 users like this post:
Old 08-03-2015, 10:05 AM   #367
Maka
Au Falcon = Mr Reliable

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Embodiment of the AFF spirit in his efforts with ACP. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by superyob View Post
Oh, you mean the Australian media hey!

cheer's, Maka

Proud owner of a optioned keeper S1 Tickford Falcon AU XR6 VCT - "it's actually a better-balanced car than the XR8, goes almost as hard and uses about two-thirds of the fuel" (Drive.com 2007)

Last edited by Maka; 08-03-2015 at 10:11 AM.
Maka is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 13-04-2015, 11:22 AM   #368
buggerlugs
If it ain't broke........
Donating Member1

http://www.news.com.au/national/crim...-1227301312232
Far out...............
This user likes this post:
Old 22-05-2015, 06:54 PM   #369
buggerlugs
Donating Member1

http://www.news.com.au/national/ice-...-1227365119730
It just gets better...........
Old 23-05-2015, 11:03 AM   #370
castellan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maka View Post
Oh, you mean the Australian media hey!

cheer's, Maka
Talking to the cops, and they informed me, that it was the political lack of will, as to the cops having so much lack of ability to tackle the ice problem in the first place and it's all due to political interference in the law.

The cops have their hands tied in so many ways due to governments involvement in the laws, that it is just insane.

Someone is trying to kill our kids and drag our society down into the gutter and the problem is our short sighted blighted narrow minded Political Correct dimwit wimps are doing a very good job of creating so much destruction, just quietly and you the people are to stupid to understand or know that fact, nor do you want to know the truth. because most can't handle the truth.

If the cops come and ask you for your help, what do you do ?
Hide and state your rights and be a hinder, just like the government do, or do you do your duty trying to help in any way you can.
Just remember peoples lives are on the line here and all the rest that goes with it.
castellan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-05-2015, 11:14 AM   #371
superyob
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by castellan View Post
Talking to the cops, and they informed me, that it was the political lack of will, as to the cops having so much lack of ability to tackle the ice problem in the first place and it's all due to political interference in the law.

The cops have their hands tied in so many ways due to governments involvement in the laws, that it is just insane.

Someone is trying to kill our kids and drag our society down into the gutter and the problem is our short sighted blighted narrow minded Political Correct dimwit wimps are doing a very good job of creating so much destruction, just quietly and you the people are to stupid to understand or know that fact, nor do you want to know the truth. because most can't handle the truth.

If the cops come and ask you for your help, what do you do ?
Hide and state your rights and be a hinder
, just like the government do, or do you do your duty trying to help in any way you can.
Just remember peoples lives are on the line here and all the rest that goes with it.
Totally agree with that in bold. Green and left social policy is as wantonly destructive as their economical policy...
Old 07-06-2015, 06:59 PM   #372
buggerlugs
Donating Member1

http://www.thecourier.com.au/story/3...e-night/?cs=62
Nice to know these buggers could be heading towards you on the road...............
3 users like this post:
Old 07-06-2015, 08:28 PM   #373
Itsme
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by buggerlugs View Post
http://www.thecourier.com.au/story/3...e-night/?cs=62
Nice to know these buggers could be heading towards you on the road...............
As the old saying goes "tip of the iceberg" I hate to imagine really how many are on the roads.
Itsme is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-06-2015, 08:28 PM   #374
Dash_XR
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

12 out of 102,000 ain't to bad, would be at least 10 times as many drink drivers.
Rapid Systems Intercooler & Battery Relocation - ID 1000 Injectors - Process West Surge Tank - Venom 100 Cell Bolt On Cat - XForce 3.5 inch Catback - Plazmaman 4 inch Turboside Intake - Crow HD Valve Springs - Glowshift Gauges (Oil temp, Oil Pressure, Boost, Volt) - Malwood Opt 5 - XR50 Interior - FG2 Limited Ed 19's - Nitto Invo's

Dash_XR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-06-2015, 10:16 PM   #375
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

it's still 12 too many.
Old 07-06-2015, 10:23 PM   #376
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Bong heads were out for maccas

Crack heads were out for more crack
pottery beige is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 07-06-2015, 10:43 PM   #377
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

watch and learn kiddies

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zvv11UhgA_w
Old 08-06-2015, 12:15 AM   #378
Dash_XR
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by GasOLane View Post
it's still 12 too many.
100's more drink drivers is worse.

Don't get me wrong ice a huge problem but tagging it to another problem for the headline is just lazy journalism.
Rapid Systems Intercooler & Battery Relocation - ID 1000 Injectors - Process West Surge Tank - Venom 100 Cell Bolt On Cat - XForce 3.5 inch Catback - Plazmaman 4 inch Turboside Intake - Crow HD Valve Springs - Glowshift Gauges (Oil temp, Oil Pressure, Boost, Volt) - Malwood Opt 5 - XR50 Interior - FG2 Limited Ed 19's - Nitto Invo's

Dash_XR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-07-2015, 10:40 PM   #379
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

go scratch some bugs

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/s...-1227440274992

winning @ life
Old 13-07-2015, 11:00 PM   #380
zoesgift
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I agree mitch I deal with it every day with what I do and its HUGE and not decreasing. the full impact on society of this drug and the next generation of drugs like it will be felt sooner rather than later
zoesgift is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-08-2015, 02:24 PM   #381
Fairlane 500
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sbDri_GzlHg

^^^Senator Jacqui Lambie talks openly about her son's Ice problem.^^^

(Sorry I don't know how to embed video links on here.)
Fairlane 500 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-08-2015, 02:41 PM   #382
blackf6
R51 Pathy, 91 Jayco Swan

Quote:
Originally Posted by pottery beige View Post
go scratch some bugs

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/s...-1227440274992

winning @ life
One year and nine months. What a joke. Bloody fool stabbed two people and bashed his parents. Judge needs to be on the dole queue.
blackf6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 11-08-2015, 08:14 PM   #383
Harrison

Harrison is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-08-2015, 08:42 PM   #384
superyob
Banned

So not as many people did drugs all of a sudden because of decriminalisation? Sounds dodgy to me...
Old 11-08-2015, 10:11 PM   #385
Harrison

14 years isn't exactly all of a sudden.
Harrison is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-08-2015, 10:15 PM   #386
superyob
Banned

Decriminalist propaganda. It does not explain how this was achieved. Could someone enlighten me on this issue?
Old 11-08-2015, 10:23 PM   #387
Ross 1
Donating Member
Donating Member3

http://www.spiegel.de/international/...-a-891060.html

This is quite an informative article on Portugal's drug policy.
Ross 1 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-08-2015, 12:34 AM   #388
maat1985

I can tell you now for a fact that i certainly know better than almost (possibly all) of you here of exactly what the effects of ice are and what the addiction of ice is like. I was heavily addicted to Ice a little over 10years ago. I was smoking ice every single day. I would stay awake for up to 7 days straight at times then sleep for 18hrs straight. Get up and start all over again. I would get up in the morning, afternoon or whatever the time of day was and first thing i would do would be find my pipe and start smoking. i would duck into the dunnies at work just to get a recharge.
The good of the drug is it is the single best high one can ever experience and it lasts for a hell of a long time. You can do anything and everything you could before and even more only more efficently and 100000x quicker. Your mind is alert you are wired and focused. You start to become almost OCD in regards to cleaning and stuff. Once you start a job you cant stop till it is exactly perfect. it is like having unlimited motivation and being unstoppable. You can talk to anyone about anything all day long Best feeling i have ever had in my life.
The bad however outweighs the good soooooo much more. But the problem is you cannot realise this. only those around you can see it all you can see is the good and you think they are crazy.
It is the single most addictive substance i have ever encountered. (moreso mentally than physically), You are very shortempered and angry, very aggressive, you do not sleep, you do not eat, both of which inturn have other severe side effects, it destroys the enamel on your teeth which inturn rots them leaving you with almost no teeth left and thousand and thousands of dental reconstruction. You hallucinate and see and hear stuff that isnt there, drving is good because of how alert and quick your reactions are but at the same time you see things that are not even there.
i could go on and on about it and give you all a great first hand idea of how bad it destroys your life but i would be here for along time.
Basically i realised one day that i was ******, saw a pshyc and stopped, cold turkey, quit my job stopped talking to the people i knew from that lifestyle and after 6months life was looking up.
anyway what i am saying is that i would never ever suggest that it me made legal as it i so destructive to not only the user but those close to them and even to alot of people that may just get in their way. it is the single worst substance i think one could come across. you cannot force user to get help you cannot make a user realise that they even have an issue, let alone need help for it. it becomes addictive after a very short period and quickly consumes and controls your life. it needs to be stopped more importantly than any other drug. anyway i will not go on further for now.
maat1985 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-08-2015, 12:35 AM   #389
barrys123
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Drugs = crime, just let some doped up pr**k break into your home or stick a knife in your face who is just after the price of the next hit.
barrys123 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-08-2015, 06:36 AM   #390
maat1985

Not as simple and straigjt forward as that. Not as black and white as that. Not all crime is commited by drug addicts, not all drug addicts commit crime. I know for a fact.
maat1985 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post