Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 13-01-2010, 01:40 PM   #271
Watto_Cobra
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Road_Warrior
Nope

But I'd love to punch that Jezzadore Spinks ******** in the nurries.

I wonder how stupid a certain reporter is feeling now?
Daily: SZII - 56,000 km - converted to Tezza
Watto_Cobra is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-01-2010, 01:44 PM   #272
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevypower
The current Mustang has a solid rear axle, but the next generation won't. Personally, I think IRS is one of those check boxes, just like DOHC. It doesn't necessarily make a car great, but it's a buzz word and people want it anyway. There's people who have driven the new Mustang and say it outhandles the Camaro by far, and ride quality is close to the Camaro's level. And seriously, who buys a sports car for ride quality?
I think this should have happened to our XR utes ages ago, I agree both styles have there place.
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Polyal is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-01-2010, 01:45 PM   #273
RG
Back to Le Frenchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0son
2016... lol... dont get your hopes up. the US havent rescued themselves from the GFC, they've simply deferred it by borrowing more.

if you think the razor gang were tough this time, you're in for a treat... the real GFC is yet to come.
What?

This has what to do with Ford or the upcoming Falcon/Mustang?
07 Renault Sport Megane F1 Team R26 #1397
RG is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-01-2010, 01:46 PM   #274
Joe5619
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0son
2016... lol... dont get your hopes up. the US havent rescued themselves from the GFC, they've simply deferred it by borrowing more.

if you think the razor gang were tough this time, you're in for a treat... the real GFC is yet to come.
with comments like this, just shot me now!!!

I guess making profits for the last 2 qtr (not including Dec qtr as the data is not out) is a bad thing too???
Joe5619 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-01-2010, 01:48 PM   #275
auxr
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Folowing this thread the following THREE words come to mind:

SPECULATION

an act or instance of speculating: as a : assumption of unusual business risk in hopes of obtaining commensurate gain b : a transaction involving such speculation

SCRYING, Crystal ball Gazing

Scrying or crystal gazing is to use a crystal ball, a seer stone ,or other crystal as a divining tool . One seeks to receive visions or information about issues, the future, a present situation or to foretell events , discover hidden knowledge , prophecy, or perception by intuition and instinctive foresight.

MISINTERPRETATION

Misunderstanding, mistaking, putting the wrong interpretation on.

Anyway, the media will continue to stir people's emotions with the resultant effect as seen on this, and on other forums.
auxr is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-01-2010, 02:03 PM   #276
bigRsendcoop
5.0 XP Wagon '65er

Speaking from a stand point of many many friends in the US,, they would die to have our RWD Falcon on their shores,, many prefer our models to theirs,,I havent heard anyone in the states say anything positive about the model line up over there,, the opinion is that if they adopted the models available in australia, there'd be many more Fords on the US roads than there currently is,,, gotta give the ppl what they want fellas or how you gonna justify your 6fig salary??

65 XP WAGON 5.0L
63 XL BBQ PROJECT
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11275021&highlight=XL+Falcon[/URL]
bigRsendcoop is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-01-2010, 02:19 PM   #277
mikmak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty85
Another kick in the guts by mainstream television. On what has proven to be a superior car to its rivals in many ways. What has brought on this hatred for the Falcon so much? It's no wonder the general public are so misinformed.
The 7PM Project is like getting your world news from Womans Day.

On the flip side (the red side....my side : ) There is plenty of positive indicators that the Zeta platform will be heading across the pond again (whether it be Chevrolet Caprice Police Vehicle, Chevy SS, Chevy El Camino etc. etc.). The fun stopper Fritz Henderson, who left over a number of conflicts with the rest of GM board members (potentially the decision for GM to retain Opel in Germany amongst others) now leaves a number of high ranking management that are pro Zeta.

Maximum Bob Lutz, the father of the GTO (nee Monaro) and the G8 (the mismanaged last great Pontiac) is accompanied by Mark Reuss (recently departed Holden CEO and FB Holden fancier, ex Chief of Cadillac V Performance Arm) and Mike Simcoe, original designer of the VT series Monaro (whom has been in the US for 5 years and is currently the North American Design Chief).

How does this relate to the future of the Falcon? The same way that the Falcon and the Commodore have a symbiotic relationship in Oz. There wouldn't be one without the other.

With the growing likelyhood of a GMNA 4 door RWD product, so too grows the probability that Ford will need their own product to compete.

With the departure of Jaguar from the arms of Ford, there is NOWHERE else in the blue oval empire, that builds an IRS equipped RWD vehicle.

It MUST happen. Mulally is committed but I don't think he's crazy. He must be able to see the need to employ the one of the most cost effective $/talent RWD engineering resources on the planet. :

Old 13-01-2010, 02:30 PM   #278
mikmak

I tried to find the Herald Suns coverage (on their website) but it doesn't appear to be up yet. Anyone have anything?

<edit>Okay, so i just watched the sunrise video, but I'm still yet to see a quote by Mulally. still looking</edit>

Last edited by mikmak; 13-01-2010 at 02:36 PM.
mikmak is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-01-2010, 03:23 PM   #279
R-Design
Guess Who's Back?

I found this in another forum:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marin Burela
Team,

Following recent media headlines about what One Ford could mean for us in Australia, I wish to assure you that Falcon remains an extremely important vehicle for Ford Motor Company.

Ford Australia is only 18 months into the life-cycle of our all-new FG Falcon, which means that a replacement model isn't due until approximately 2015. It is important to understand that we are following our normal timeline and cadence of new model development and introduction. We are using the next 18 months – 2 years to conduct in-depth consumer research to determine what a successful replacement vehicle will need to offer Australian customers in an extremely competitive marketplace.

We are very fortunate that our global One Ford plan will allow us to work with other Ford locations throughout the world that, like Australia, have a need for large cars. Working together as one team, we will be in a much stronger position to more efficiently and effectively deliver to our respective markets a vehicle with class leading levels of quality, safety, fuel-efficiency and leading-edge technologies.

Make no mistake, our global One Ford philosophy provides numerous benefits for us in Australia. It has allowed us to share knowledge; to gain access to new technologies; and to play an active role in the Ford world. Never has this been more evident than our lead role in the design and development of global vehicle programs such as the company's new T6 compact pick-up (which will eventually be sold in more than 100 countries) and the Figo small car for India. These significant programs clearly demonstrate the role Ford Australia plays regionally and globally.

Our recent $230 million investment announcement was also only possible thanks to our One Ford plan, bringing to the Australian market Ford's first application of a RWD EcoBoost engine for Falcon and a turbo-charged diesel for Territory.

It is unfortunate that one or two media headlines in recent days started a round of negative speculation about what One Ford could mean for us. Be assured that our position has not changed. We have been communicating a consistent message about our forward plans to dealers, suppliers, governments and our internal Ford team for over 12 months. We will continue to move forward with our plans and build on the momentum we generated in 2009.

I would like to thank you for your ongoing commitment and support and I would strongly encourage you to ignore ill-informed speculation and not allow it to divert you from the important role you are playing in building a successful Ford Motor Company for us all.

Marin
Old 13-01-2010, 03:30 PM   #280
Road_Warrior
Pity the fool

Hmm interesting. Whilst I wouldn't expect him to give the game away with the Falcon/Mustang thing (if it is true), he needs to make a public statement on that ridiculous media circlejerk yesterday.

1970 XW Falcon GT replica | 1970 XW Falcon | 1971 XY Fairmont | 1973 ZG Fairlane | 1986 XF Falcon panel van | 1987 XFII Falcon S-Pack | 1988 XF Falcon GLS ute | 1993 EBII Fairmont V8 | 1996 XG Falcon ute | 2000 AU Falcon wagon | 2004 BA Falcon XT | 2012 SZ Territory Titanium AWD

Proud to buy Australian and support Ford Australia through thick and thin
Road_Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-01-2010, 03:45 PM   #281
Joshmcmillan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

If the Falcon does merge with the Mustang, I hope they do it right. After thinking every Falcon I have ever been in was just an absolutely AWESOME car for as long as I can remember and every one I have driven feeling extremely refined and solid, I'd love to see Ford take a slam dunk against Holden.

Hopefully they offer the Mustang body in some models here to, if the only difference is the shell, I wouldn't imagine it would cost too much to offer it here is a special edition or something?

FG XR6 Turbo, 6 Speed Manual, Silhouette .

12/78 XC Ford Fairmont Project Car. (351, 5spd)
Build Thread: http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11444473

1968 Ford F350 LWB Dually. 300 Six, 4 speed. Beavertail project.

Joshmcmillan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-01-2010, 03:49 PM   #282
Serial_Fool
Whipper Snappa

http://7pmproject.com.au/forums/thre...hreadID=119428

Just a thread I made against a horrible section about the Falcon I saw on the faux-news program "THE 7PM PROJECT". Make some comments if you like.
Old 13-01-2010, 06:20 PM   #283
jamesson1980
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Originally Posted by Marin Burela
Team,

"Following recent media headlines about what One Ford could mean for us in Australia, I wish to assure you that Falcon remains an extremely important vehicle for Ford Motor Company.

Ford Australia is only 18 months into the life-cycle of our all-new FG Falcon, which means that a replacement model isn't due until approximately 2015. It is important to understand that we are following our normal timeline and cadence of new model development and introduction. We are using the next 18 months – 2 years to conduct in-depth consumer research to determine what a successful replacement vehicle will need to offer Australian customers in an extremely competitive marketplace.

We are very fortunate that our global One Ford plan will allow us to work with other Ford locations throughout the world that, like Australia, have a need for large cars. Working together as one team, we will be in a much stronger position to more efficiently and effectively deliver to our respective markets a vehicle with class leading levels of quality, safety, fuel-efficiency and leading-edge technologies.

Make no mistake, our global One Ford philosophy provides numerous benefits for us in Australia. It has allowed us to share knowledge; to gain access to new technologies; and to play an active role in the Ford world. Never has this been more evident than our lead role in the design and development of global vehicle programs such as the company's new T6 compact pick-up (which will eventually be sold in more than 100 countries) and the Figo small car for India. These significant programs clearly demonstrate the role Ford Australia plays regionally and globally.

Our recent $230 million investment announcement was also only possible thanks to our One Ford plan, bringing to the Australian market Ford's first application of a RWD EcoBoost engine for Falcon and a turbo-charged diesel for Territory.

It is unfortunate that one or two media headlines in recent days started a round of negative speculation about what One Ford could mean for us. Be assured that our position has not changed. We have been communicating a consistent message about our forward plans to dealers, suppliers, governments and our internal Ford team for over 12 months. We will continue to move forward with our plans and build on the momentum we generated in 2009.

I would like to thank you for your ongoing commitment and support and I would strongly encourage you to ignore ill-informed speculation and not allow it to divert you from the important role you are playing in building a successful Ford Motor Company for us all."

Marin

Upbeat, positive and reassuring in light of the negative hype yesterday.. but at the same time, frustratingly vague.

2009 FG XR6, Ego Paint, Darkest possible tint, Sunroof, Black Vic number plates. No performance mods. Born To Be Mild
jamesson1980 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-01-2010, 06:48 PM   #284
EgoFG
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT69
The only question on my mind is, will the falcon shrink, or will the mustang grow?
Not considering the body as there would need to be styling changes etc, but ....

You would not even notice the difference between the two at the moment.
Ok, the stang is shorter - no surprise there

The FG has 3.5mm wider track at the rear (that is 0.02%), and 5.8mm at the front (0.037%)

So as a platform car - they are the same size already !
EgoFG is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-01-2010, 07:33 PM   #285
TUF_302
The Vengeful One
Donating Member1

I cant see the Falcon going anywhere any time soon, its the longest running model ever in aus and it should stay that way, it would be the perfect car for the GRWD program, Mullaly does seem committed to keeping going which is good thing
Old 13-01-2010, 07:44 PM   #286
UKXR8

This sounds like good news, so does this mean that the Falcon is to become a world car, if so, I can't wait to go to my UK dealer and order a Falcon, even if as I suspect that by the time it gets here it will either be a diesel or 2.0 ecoboost..

I love the way this thread has flushed out those with Holden tendencies lol...

2003 AU3 XR8 MANUAL

1998 EL XR6
UKXR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-01-2010, 08:49 PM   #287
phillyc
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always factual and beneficial. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serial_Fool
http://7pmproject.com.au/forums/thre...hreadID=119428

Just a thread I made against a horrible section about the Falcon I saw on the faux-news program "THE 7PM PROJECT". Make some comments if you like.
I joined. Just to add to your thread. Seems they keep editing to shut you up. Hide the truth. Well anyway. In two posts i added.

Quote:
Terrible 'journalism' is what started the mess.

Speaking at the Detoit Motor Show, Ford's worldwide president, Alan Mullaly, said there would be a continued role for the Falcon in Australia within a global plan.

'We have leaned so much from the Falcon because it's a dynamite car. Whatever that Falcon morphs to, for the next one, it will be available for every-one around the world.

We're going to have a large sedan. The whole thing about RWD ? We're going to have a RWD car, and we've got the Mustang. So, you can imagine that there will be a next version of the Falcon that will be even better. In capital letters.' ".

Admit. The general media got it wrong.
Quote:
Falcon sedan ousold Commodore sedan in Q4/2009.
Falcon ute outsold Commodore ute in 2009. Again.
Territory is the only Australian made SUV.

The Melbourne (Broadmeadows) factory is at FULL capacity and making high spec models. One in five vehicles is a Turbo6 or V8. Just 3% of vehicles made were base models.

Ford Australia is making money. Ford is increasing market share. Ford have designed two models for India. Ford have designed the T6 Ranger to be sold in 100 countries at over 300,000 units a year.

The future of the current FG Falcon and Territory is assured until 2015. Ford Australia are the 'Global Centre of Excellence' in the Ford world. Because of this, after 2015 the Falcon will be updated and used as the basis for the Mustang.

These are the facts.
Now back to the positive news story. Mustang and Falcon to be GRWD.

Boss349 built. Not yet run. Waiting on a shell.

Retrotech thread
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthr...1363569&page=6
phillyc is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-01-2010, 08:59 PM   #288
phillyc
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always factual and beneficial. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikmak
With the growing likelyhood of a GMNA 4 door RWD product, so too grows the probability that Ford will need their own product to compete.

With the departure of Jaguar from the arms of Ford, there is NOWHERE else in the blue oval empire, that builds an IRS equipped RWD vehicle.
Plenty of sense in that post. Especially this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikmK
It MUST happen. Mulally is committed but I don't think he's crazy. He must be able to see the need to employ the one of the most cost effective $/talent RWD engineering resources on the planet
Exactly. The development of the FG into the GRWD would be the most cost effective outcome. Who is the most cost effective to develop it? Ford Australia. Before the GFC, Ford Australia were announced as th "RWD Centre of Excellence".

Retrotech thread
Old 13-01-2010, 09:08 PM   #289
phillyc
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by UKXR8
This sounds like good news, so does this mean that the Falcon is to become a world car, if so, I can't wait to go to my UK dealer and order a Falcon, even if as I suspect that by the time it gets here it will either be a diesel or 2.0 ecoboost....
My thoughts exactly. Okay in 2015. We lose the venerable i6 (it's just too long - but I love it) and gain the Duratec v6 which will then have DI to further bolster it's strong outputs. But that Ecoboost i4T that is being slipped into the FG this year or next will mean Falcon can fly in Europe too! The new Scorpio? Or will it still be Falcon?

GRWD means exactly that. US, Europe, Asia, Middle East & Australia.

Falcon i4t / v6 / v6tt / v8 / v8sc / tdv6

Retrotech thread
Old 13-01-2010, 09:10 PM   #290
phillyc
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
They should do their pennance right now. Go and buy an FG Falcon or SY Territory. NOW.

I'd rather buy a 2nd hand BMW 5 series / Benz E class. For outright thrills i'd stick to my motorbike.

Retrotech thread
Old 13-01-2010, 09:16 PM   #291
cosmo20btt
Fordaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillyc
They should do their penance right now. Go and buy an FG Falcon or SY Territory. NOW.

I'd rather buy a 2nd hand BMW 5 series / Benz E class. For outright thrills i'd stick to my motorbike.
What AFF should do is create a gold standard Forum where only those that have purchased a new FG can only get on by using their VIN number, at least that site won't get trolled...Only problem is I won't be on there. LOL
cosmo20btt is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-01-2010, 09:18 PM   #292
Silver Ghia
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: As Silver Ghia his contributions to the AU and BA technical areas have been of high quality and valuable to the member base. 

Double post, sorry

Last edited by Silver Ghia; 13-01-2010 at 09:30 PM.
Silver Ghia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-01-2010, 09:19 PM   #293
Silver Ghia
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: As Silver Ghia his contributions to the AU and BA technical areas have been of high quality and valuable to the member base. 

I read Paul Govers article in the Herald Sun newspaper this morning correcting the misinterpretation, but it is still not on their website.

In fact I haven't heard anything on the radio or in tonights news or TV programs correcting the story.

Typical media, they love finding stories to make big headlines to the expense of a company, but there's no way they will come out the next day correcting themselves to ensure everyone is wiser.
Silver Ghia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-01-2010, 09:38 PM   #294
Road_Warrior
Pity the fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Ghia
I read Paul Govers article in the Herald Sun newspaper this morning correcting the misinterpretation, but it is still not on their website.

In fact I haven't heard anything on the radio or in tonights news or TV programs correcting the story.

Typical media, they love finding stories to make big headlines to the expense of a company, but there's no way they will come out the next day correcting themselves to ensure everyone is wiser.
That's where Ford need to step up to the mark and make a decent press release to set the record straight, which I doubt they will do. When that Clive Mathew-Wilson clown did the same thing to Holden last year, Holden came out swinging.

1970 XW Falcon GT replica | 1970 XW Falcon | 1971 XY Fairmont | 1973 ZG Fairlane | 1986 XF Falcon panel van | 1987 XFII Falcon S-Pack | 1988 XF Falcon GLS ute | 1993 EBII Fairmont V8 | 1996 XG Falcon ute | 2000 AU Falcon wagon | 2004 BA Falcon XT | 2012 SZ Territory Titanium AWD

Proud to buy Australian and support Ford Australia through thick and thin
Road_Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-01-2010, 10:11 PM   #295
HSE2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Road_Warrior
That's where Ford need to step up to the mark and make a decent press release to set the record straight, which I doubt they will do. When that Clive Mathew-Wilson clown did the same thing to Holden last year, Holden came out swinging.
This is my point as well.
BREAKING NEWS: The Pity Train has just derailed at the intersection of "Suck It Up & Move On" after it crashed into "We All Have Problems" before coming to a complete stop at "Get the Hell Over It." Reporting LIVE from Quitchur Bitchin'
HSE2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-01-2010, 10:17 PM   #296
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by HSE2
This is my point as well.
I often wonder is some of the stuff that that gets to print happens out of frustration from the media at how closed shop with info the car companies are...
What better way to get a reaction (any reaction good or bad) from a sleeping dog than to kick it....

Old 13-01-2010, 10:24 PM   #297
HSE2

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Vman
I often wonder is some of the stuff that that gets to print happens out of frustration from the media at how closed shop with info the car companies are...
What better way to get a reaction (any reaction good or bad) from a sleeping dog than to kick it....
As I have alluded, I think given the intelligence of the Ford people in question, it is by design.
BREAKING NEWS: The Pity Train has just derailed at the intersection of "Suck It Up & Move On" after it crashed into "We All Have Problems" before coming to a complete stop at "Get the Hell Over It." Reporting LIVE from Quitchur Bitchin'
HSE2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-01-2010, 12:31 AM   #298
mitch

Quote:
This sounds like good news, so does this mean that the Falcon is to become a world car, if so, I can't wait to go to my UK dealer and order a Falcon, even if as I suspect that by the time it gets here it will either be a diesel or 2.0 ecoboost..

Yeah i hear what your saying UKXR8,they will all be saying today " i didnt really think they would kill off the FALCON"

God created commodores to keep D***heads out of FALCONS so off ya's go
mitch is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-01-2010, 12:32 AM   #299
fte50
T3FTE -099. OnTemp Loan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wretched
How many on here keep rambling on about how good the Falcon is and Ford should continue it, etc yet don't open their wallets to get a new one?
Too many here await a "second hand" one.

Well if you're so concerned about the Falcon (whether you believe the hype or not) why don't you all put your money where your mouth is and go and purchase one, a new FG?
Coz its the most logical thing 2 do. Might come as a suprise but most folks think with their heads before their hearts.
Unlike the business folks who claim rebates etc and actually lose out bugger all, the private buyer stands to lose upto 30% in the 1st 3 yrs, more in other cases.
Folks cried with a 15-25% drop in super, but dont care about "throwing" cash away. Yeh Right.
Go save the multinationals on your own, im sure they'll thank ya.

Warning - This users posts are classified (G).

G (General) – Contains material intended for general viewing. The content is very mild in impact.
IT IS STRONGLY ADVISED SENSITIVE ADULTS VIEW IN THE COMPANY OF CHILDREN
fte50 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-01-2010, 01:37 AM   #300
RPO83
ĕm-bär'gō? 2016

Perhaps the person who let this issue get totally out of hand (just as they did on every other occasion) return from Detroit and actually clean up this mess or just resign.
RPO83 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post