Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-12-2009, 12:49 AM   #271
cs123
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Can't think of anyone more deserving. Russ Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For all the technical support behind the scenes. Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Technical submission 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobman
There is nothing wrong with reducing pollution, but it should not be at the expense of the little guy.
As a consumer expect to pay for any new technologies to reduce pollution. That is to be expected. What we need to ensure is that people don't unduly profit from pollution reduction. That will be a challenge.
Old 10-12-2009, 12:57 AM   #272
olfella
Cranky old bastard

WA only gets one iceberg and NZ gets a flotilla of hundreds. http://www.usnews.com/science/articl...w-zealand.html
Old 10-12-2009, 02:51 AM   #273
BHDOGS
Banned

climate change is obviously real as china America and Russia wouldnt do all about anything unless it benefited them in some way and reducing pollution and paying poor countrys to reduce theres for billion of dollars isnt going to enrich those terrible terrible countrys
Old 10-12-2009, 02:54 AM   #274
xy500
Constant annoyance

Quote:
Originally Posted by BHDOGS
climate change is obviously real as china America and Russia wouldnt do all about anything unless it benefited them in some way and reducing pollution and paying poor countrys to reduce theres for billion of dollars isnt going to enrich those terrible terrible countrys
obviously real is it? show me how it is obvious?
Old 10-12-2009, 03:06 AM   #275
BHDOGS
Banned

here we got the old god trick prove to me this prove to me that it really doesnt matter what evidence there is people are gonna believe whateva but im gonna go ahead and er on the side of caution if it cost me and extra 300 bucks a year to pay a tax on climate change im willing to do it because people there money away on crap all the time but doing nothing isnt an option and apart from the ets i dont see any other options on the table perhaps u can give the world leaders a call at Copenhagen and tell them your thoughts although im sure just like me they will believe scientists and not nay sayers ur worse then flat earth believers and aids deniers as your risking a planet we all share.
Old 10-12-2009, 08:21 AM   #276
rodderz

Quote:
here we got the old god trick prove to me this prove to me that it really doesnt matter what evidence there is people are gonna believe whateva but im gonna go ahead and er on the side of caution if it cost me and extra 300 bucks a year to pay a tax on climate change im willing to do it because people there money away on crap all the time but doing nothing isnt an option and apart from the ets i dont see any other options on the table perhaps u can give the world leaders a call at Copenhagen and tell them your thoughts although im sure just like me they will believe scientists and not nay sayers ur worse then flat earth believers and aids deniers as your risking a planet we all share.
It's obvious you haven't read past the bit that they want us to stop reading at. A lot of people just see it as reducing global warming and take the whole issue as being that, but don't look past this and see the agenda behind it, what it will cost long term and who really benefits.

I'm all for doing our bit for the environment but this scheme won't do it. Read into the issue (or this thread) and find out for yourself.
Old 10-12-2009, 10:07 AM   #277
Walt Kowalski
I use brain. Not hip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by charliewool
Steff... Love ya work!
That was the VERY thing I thought when I heard the past 6 months crap on the news!
The spindoctors are in over-drive at every opportunity with this.
God help us if we have a repeat of another Black Sat. over summer.
Because, NO WAY will it be blamed on lack of back burning, or the greenies keeping plebs from collecting firewood from the bush, or councils stopping people from cutting their trees down!... It'll be blamed fair & square on the almighty climate change!
Good call
Old 10-12-2009, 10:19 AM   #278
Walt Kowalski
I use brain. Not hip.

Quote:
Let me guess.

You were educated in English by the same Education system that brain washes young students on Climate Change? Not to mention other PC issues.

I am not criticising Teachers here. My wife is one but she is frustrated at the way the system only presents one side as if were fact.

The left is brainwashing the Playstation generation who generally have the attention span of a Gnat. After too many hours in front of screens they are losing their ability to think laterally and critically analyse issues

Talk about dumbing down.
Old 10-12-2009, 10:37 AM   #279
MONSOON

Quote:
$300 bucks a year! Wake up, more like THOUSANDS, And thousands more out of work, and that's just the beginings
Old 10-12-2009, 10:46 AM   #280
ltd
Force Fed Fords

Quote:
And, breathe.
Seriously, were you absent the day they taught punctuation in school?

Mate, google "climategate" and then come back after reading a bit.
By the way, what on Earth is an "aids deniers"?

Quote:
Powered by GE
Old 10-12-2009, 11:17 AM   #281
Cobra
Bear with a sore head

Quote:
*facepalm*

The old God trick? Do you need evidence to prove God exists or doesn't exist? Because one side will never have a sniff of evidence as it relies on faith, whilst the other side doesn't provide direct proof that it doesn't exist, but rather a very plausible alternative to explain the Cosmos and human beings existence within it.

Reading your post, I'm lost for words, very rarely am I so overwhelmed with such absolute ignorance. I don't have a problem with your position, but taking a default stance on something when you refuse to observe the evidence, just because you want to "er(r) on the side of caution", is the worst kind of ignorance when you consider the ramifications of a such a serious issue.
Old 10-12-2009, 11:27 AM   #282
SB076
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I dont think anyone is stating we shouldn't act to clean up the enviroment and reduce emissions, however I can only speak for myself - my main concern and I agree with others is that carbon trading is expecting to be big business and their are massive profits to be made - thats why Russia, China, USA and other countries are interested. These profits will come at the expense of a lot of people (even those that are enviromentally friendly) If governments around the world are that keen to fix the enviroment than they should look at all options and avenues available to them. However I beleive all governments are seeing is $$$$$ and how they can take more money through carbon trading.

with Sunroof and tinted windows
with out all the go fast bits I actually need :
Old 10-12-2009, 09:07 PM   #283
Romulus
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltd
And, breathe.
Seriously, were you absent the day they taught punctuation in school?

Mate, google "climategate" and then come back after reading a bit.
By the way, what on Earth is an "aids deniers"?
"And, breathe", that's funny!

I'll give it to him though at least he posted in this thread. How many forum members/active users does AFF have? 50,000?

Such an important topic escapes the attention of so many people. I guess they're the PS3/XBOX360 generation who don't give a stuff and expect others to act on their behalf.
Old 10-12-2009, 09:36 PM   #284
Auslandau
335 - STILL THE BOSS ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVS Super Pursuit
"And, breathe", that's funny!

I'll give it to him though at least he posted in this thread. How many forum members/active users does AFF have? 50,000?

Such an important topic escapes the attention of so many people. I guess they're the PS3/XBOX360 generation who don't give a stuff and expect others to act on their behalf.
Bit unfair to those that haven't posted? Yes it is important for everyone to have a bit of understanding on the ETS but just by reading through the pages here (a few hundred posts) there are only a small minority that I would say have a good understanding what is happening, why it should or shouldn't happen and the consequences if it does or doesn't.

Not saying thats a bad thing as I would way prefer to read other peoples thoughts on whats going on without putting my 2 bobs worth in as it would be repeating what many have already stated .... and as much as I read or listen about ETS, I know what I believe on what I interpret but unfortunately I could not say I have the total understanding on what they are trying to accomplish so I prefer to keep my thoughts out of this particular argument.

In saying that though ..... love your passion XRQTR. Keep it up!

| [/url] |

101,436 MEMBERS ......... 101,436 OPINIONS ..... What could possibly go wrong!

Clevo Mafia
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 10-12-2009, 10:04 PM   #285
Romulus
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Yes you're right, I should have worded it differently. It's a shame more people aren't vocal about this issue as the consequences of these policies are dire for the average person.
Old 10-12-2009, 10:41 PM   #286
xtremerus
FG XR6T trayback

Quote:
Originally Posted by SB076
I dont think anyone is stating we shouldn't act to clean up the enviroment and reduce emissions, however I can only speak for myself - my main concern and I agree with others is that carbon trading is expecting to be big business and their are massive profits to be made - thats why Russia, China, USA and other countries are interested. These profits will come at the expense of a lot of people (even those that are enviromentally friendly) If governments around the world are that keen to fix the enviroment than they should look at all options and avenues available to them. However I beleive all governments are seeing is $$$$$ and how they can take more money through carbon trading.
Totally agree with you. It's a tax setup that NO-ONE can avoid. Carbon is the basics of life on earth. That is why it IS a carbon tax, and NOT a CO2 tax, more money to be made. Not all carbon ends up as CO2 in the atmosphere.
Old 11-12-2009, 12:40 AM   #287
XRQTR
TBA Customs

Quote:
Originally Posted by cs123
What we need to ensure is that people don't unduly profit from pollution reduction. That will be a challenge.
HAHAHAHAHA good one

Oh you're serious, so you obviously haven't read the post in which I commented on how Carbon Trading is ALREADY a ,wait for it, $160,000,000,000, that's ONE HUNDRED AND SIXTY BILLION DOLLAR a year industry.

That's now, before the world even has any kind of agreement on how it should be tackled or taxed, so where to from here?? I mean Wall Street got it's money back once already, now they'll be getting it back again every 4 and a bit years, at the current rate of course, then apply inflation and well I think you get the picture.
Old 11-12-2009, 11:51 AM   #288
Auslandau
335 - STILL THE BOSS ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVS Super Pursuit
Yes you're right, I should have worded it differently. It's a shame more people aren't vocal about this issue as the consequences of these policies are dire for the average person.
Didn't mean to sound harsh .... as I re read it. Probably felt the guilts as I havn't had my say on it. I do agree that more should be said about it, not just left for those that listen to talk back radio or biased media reports who these days would rather go along with the band wagon than just report the facts.

Comes back to most being sheep and thats why un popular or what is regarded as the wrong direction by the majority goes through without a wimper. Its always the quiet majority and the noisy minority.

| [/url] |

101,436 MEMBERS ......... 101,436 OPINIONS ..... What could possibly go wrong!

Clevo Mafia
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 11-12-2009, 04:46 PM   #289
gtfpv
GT

well i thought i should post this . here. it's not related to any tax . but i wonder why google earth is now not showing any ice at the top of the earth, i wasnt aware the north pole had dissapeared .
Old 11-12-2009, 04:56 PM   #290
|||
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtfpv
well i thought i should post this . here. it's not related to any tax . but i wonder why google earth is now not showing any ice at the top of the earth, i wasnt aware the north pole had dissapeared .
hmm that is odd. i wonder if it was doctored to increase the alarm about global warming
Old 16-12-2009, 01:45 PM   #291
trippytaka
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Anyone watch the Climate Change Debate last night?

Follow link, then go to right menu "Pilmer, Monboit cross swords..."

Lateline Debate
Old 16-12-2009, 04:12 PM   #292
GK
Walking with God

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Wow, interesting indeed!

GK

2015 Kia Sorento Platinum - Snow White Pearl

2001 Ducati Monster 900Sie - Red

Now gone!
1999 AU1 Futura Wagon - Sparkling Burgundy
On LPG

Want a Full Life? John 10:10
Old 16-12-2009, 05:38 PM   #293
trippytaka
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Sceptics like this have such a huge (and unfortunately growing) following... ignoring the tens of thousands of scientists around the world
Old 16-12-2009, 06:43 PM   #294
snappy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by trippytaka
Sceptics like this have such a huge (and unfortunately growing) following... ignoring the tens of thousands of scientists around the world

Its a two way street what about the tens of thousand scientists around the world that don't agree with man made climate change.
I sorry there just skeptics . As for me when the plan to fix alleged climate change is not developed by a bank i may jump on the bandwagon.
Old 16-12-2009, 07:05 PM   #295
snappy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Follow link, then go to right menu "Pilmer, Monboit cross swords..."

Lateline Debate

Pretty poor debate , the was a whole 30 sec spoken about mans impact . It was just to journalists grilling that guy that was clearly not prepared .
Also loved the fact that fraud caused by climate scientists was not a issue but the fraud he did was and what about al gore lied to half the world . Ah it all good
Old 16-12-2009, 07:36 PM   #296
XRQTR
TBA Customs

Quote:

So I take it your T-shirts are made from hemp and then naturally dyed??

Oh and the print media is some kind of naturally derived paint that's not being processed in some chemical lab "somewhere in Asia".

Or just another sweat shop also "somewhere in Asia", doesn't matter where really does it as long as they're less than $1 each in quantity.

As for those scientists of whom you speak, have you not yet heard that many of them have been removed from positions within those same climate change research facilities that give us all of our "indisputable" data. Could it be that the facilities are readying themselves for the backlash as well as apeasing their money masters, whoops I mean "contributors and patrons".

Have you also not noticed that many of these "skeptics" of which you speak go out pretty much on their own, or how they have absolutely no issues what so ever with releasing data, all data, unlike your CC scientists that give us the conclusions without the method by which they came to them.

And then you go and call us skeptics, shame sir, shame.
Old 16-12-2009, 08:05 PM   #297
Walt Kowalski
I use brain. Not hip.

Quote:
You are kidding right?

Or maybe you are just ignorant?

Are you not aware that only one side of the "science" gets reported through mainstream media and that genuine climate scientists who have dedicated decades of their lives to Climatology are ignored while "scientists' whose main claim to fame might be a thesis on frogs in one little eco system imediately after they get out of Uni are given credibility and contribute to your "thousands" of scientists who talk about man's impact on climate change

It would be a bit like a guy who is an expert in preparing Formula One Cars for decades being ignored on a Formula One issue but a guy who changed oil once at a mechanical shop is given great credibility because he used politically correct "eco" oil

Guess who gets the funding under the Al Gore fraudulent system?

Their "BELIEFS" are predetermined before their research is done.

True Story:
My wife and I spent some time with an American scientist in Christchurch last year before she went back to the Antarctic to find more evidence of man's impact on climate change. The poor woman did not have the common sense to negotiate a roundabout but she is saving the world with her preconceived ideas which helped her get the funding to go there in the first place.

The problem is so bad that genuine scientists (who are mostly self funded and therefore not dependent on Government funding) have had to take the extraordinary step of suing Al Gore because they could not get their message heard.

There are over 30,000 of them in the Class Action against the fraudster Gore

I repeat 30,000 scientists who do not agree with your view.

The people you call "sceptics" are in fact people who are not fooled by the barrage of politically correct nonsence dished out on US Liberal / Oz left wing media like the ABC.

Because Rudd/Turnbull's "science" depends on their predisposition towards the matter, - in other words their "beliefs" about climate change, I called this thread the "Church" of Climate Change

It depends on their BELIEFS not the science.

If you are a journo stick to your known subject.

And I hope that your T Shirts are Politically Correct eco materials with a small carbon footrpint and low manufacturing miles.
Old 16-12-2009, 10:42 PM   #298
MO
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

@XRQTR/Walt,Well said, after what has been happening in Copenhagen in the last two days,we just might be seeing a turn around.

The more I know ppl the more I love my DOGS.
2011 SY Territory Limited Edition TS
2000 AUII SE ute IL6
Old 16-12-2009, 10:52 PM   #299
rodderz

Hopefully Mo.... more and more holes are coming up in the scheme as time goes on. People are realising it's more about money than the environment, and the poorer countries are realising that they are being used to make even more money.

Apparently the poorer countries that don;t comply (if the legislation gets passed through) can repay their debt of carbon emissions through "green" repayments, which are basically resources. So the bigger companies get access to their resources for nothing then make more money out of it.
Old 17-12-2009, 01:44 AM   #300
GK
Walking with God

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MO
@XRQTR/Walt, Well said.
+1.

Walt, got any links to this class action against Gore? That would be great reading!

GK

2015 Kia Sorento Platinum - Snow White Pearl

2001 Ducati Monster 900Sie - Red

Now gone!
1999 AU1 Futura Wagon - Sparkling Burgundy
On LPG

Want a Full Life? John 10:10
Closed Thread