Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 16-03-2005, 12:40 PM   #31
MrLandau

Sometimes when you get an opertunity like this (putting a positive spin on it) it gives you a chance to paint the whole front again - removing all the stone chips and the like. With the metallic and pearls it is hard to do "blow ins" without having colour differences or paint finish differences (orange peel effect). I would ask them what it would cost to do a little more while they are mixxing the paint. Thats what I did when the white Fairlane went in for some insurance work - I got the rest of the car painted while they were at it.
Shane

Growing old is inevitable
:eclipsee_ Growing up is optional :eclipsee_
MrLandau is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-03-2005, 12:59 PM   #32
Yagz
Banned

Yeah, small front end bingles are awesome for getting rid of the imperfections that you see on most 5 year old + cars these days.. My front end was looking nasty, so i just hit another car headon, and bam. $1200 for a completely new front end! :P
Yagz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post