Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 19-08-2006, 07:12 PM   #1
shadsky_1
Starter Motor

Default Knocking From Front End

I have a 1/96 EF Futura that has travelled 155,00 klm, it hasn't been driven hard and is well cared for and driven gently. I have noticed that when going over speed humps or like obstacles that a "clunk or knock" seems to come from the right side front suspension. This only happens if the speed hump is driven over a little faster than crawling speed. The noise is not real loud however I notice it. I have heard it a few other times when going over potholes etc. Any ideas of where to start looking. One other thing the side the noise appears to come from is out of alignment as the tyre is wearing on the outer edge. Thank's in advance for any advice.

shadsky_1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-08-2006, 07:15 PM   #2
nitroman
nitroman

Sounds like a lower ball joint worn out. Get your front end checked out.
nitroman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-08-2006, 09:34 PM   #3
Sick EB
ORSM Ford Cruisers

yeah i think nitroman is correct. my dad had an xf and it was making the same noise and it was the ball joints were worn out.

1993 EB2 Gli---->Build Thread
2008 FG XR8 SEDAN 300RWKW N/A

2008 FG XR6 TURBO-UTE>>> SOLD
2002 AU3 XLS UTE>>>SOLD
Sick EB is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-08-2006, 10:06 AM   #4
eav8

or possibly rack arm. I had similar on my ea. changed rack arm and clunk gone
project #1: Ea series1 Spac conversion to straight gas; 351Cleveland; T5; EB dash; sunroof and more as I get to them. :evilsasmo
Fully road legal and cruising in QLD!!
---------------------------------------------------
Happy dealings with; PROTD, !gn!t!on, Big_waity,Phongus
eav8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post