Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 05-08-2006, 02:23 AM   #61
Falcon Coupe
Clevo Mafia Inc.

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF over an extended period of time. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Your tireless efforts behind the scenes in keeping AFF the place it is. 

Nissan Titan does.
Falcon Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-08-2006, 02:23 AM   #62
schmidty
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR6 Martin
Whats so good about 420Nm out of a 4.2L $70k+ Toyota?
Hell Euros are getting 500Nm out of a 3.0l.
Latest Rangie gets a 3.6L Diesel with 640Nm!

Ford and Chevy Diesels in the US are over 800nm.
True, but the nissan only pulls 380, or 354 if you've got an auto. Try getting an 800nm Silverado here with the allison auto and see what it owes you! Sure it'll pull city blocks behind it, but try buying it, insuring it, getting parts for it here, parking it at the shops, and finding someone who knows how to work on it. Good if u have a mammoth horse float you want to take across the country. Try taking 1 onto fraser or into the bush! Got friends with a surburban, and what a waste of time that $h!tbox is!

The thread was basically saying toyota have turned to crap. Just saying i've had good experiences, wasn't tryng for a dyno shootout!
schmidty is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-08-2006, 02:25 AM   #63
schmidty
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcon Coupe
Try factory 5.6 litre V8.
So what, lets see it off road. It'd drown in the first creek. Another jacked up play ute
Old 05-08-2006, 02:26 AM   #64
schmidty
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

All comes back to horses for courses. As an all rounder i still dont think u can beat the cruiser. Possibly even the patrol ;)
Old 05-08-2006, 02:27 AM   #65
Falcon Coupe
Clevo Mafia Inc.

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF over an extended period of time. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Your tireless efforts behind the scenes in keeping AFF the place it is. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by schmidty
So what, lets see it off road. It'd drown in the first creek. Another jacked up play ute
But you were talking about pulling Nissans in half . :
Old 05-08-2006, 02:30 AM   #66
schmidty
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

There's more than 1 way to do that anyway, just free spool the winch out, wrap it all the way around the nissan, hook back onto the front tow hook, short out the control box, and watch it pull itself in half!!!!!!
Old 05-08-2006, 02:53 AM   #67
Falcon Coupe
Clevo Mafia Inc.

Ok Schmidty, have a look at this Nissan and Tell me you ain't impressed :

http://www.users.on.net/~browie/xxxtitan_short.wmv
Old 05-08-2006, 03:14 AM   #68
schmidty
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

Yeah, u wouldnt believe it but i was even going to post that link before! Downloaded that vid earlier in the night. The thing would be a tad second hand after that. So u get on outerlimits too?
Old 05-08-2006, 03:18 AM   #69
Falcon Coupe
Clevo Mafia Inc.

I browse 4wd forums, i have an 06' Navara common rail TD, but i'm too scared to take it off road.
Old 05-08-2006, 03:19 AM   #70
Outbackjack
Central to all beach's

This why you cant be plodding along wondering when you front end is going to give way... Some of the places where the tourists dont go....

http://s65.photobucket.com/albums/h2...70/Out%20bush/

Cheers.
Outbackjack is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-08-2006, 03:25 AM   #71
schmidty
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
I browse 4wd forums, i have an 06' Navara common rail TD, but i'm too scared to take it off road.
Thats my absolute pick of the 3.0L TD 4wd utes. Had a good drive of 1, very impressive even compared to the new hilux. In this case, i'd take the navara over the hilux any day! But really, it's only a ute for roads. Or out on a farm, but realistically they aren't made for any serious bush or 4 wheel driving. Not bad for touring. Suspension travel is what kills them off road. Pics?
Old 05-08-2006, 03:29 AM   #72
Falcon Coupe
Clevo Mafia Inc.

Yeah, i had a deposit on a Hilux until i saw the Navara preview in a mag, i have not taken a pic of it yet it's mostly standard, i will get a 2" lift, some A/T's and an alloy bar down the track.
This is exactly the same as mine apart from the LHD.

http://videos.streetfire.net/categor...D8B41802C5.htm
Old 05-08-2006, 03:39 AM   #73
schmidty
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

You'd be mad not to have gotten the navara! The hilux sr5 is overpriced and over rated! I think collectively, hilux's are the most over rated, underperforming peice of crap. I had a lot of trouble with mine when i had it. Had a few mates with lots of trouble with theirs, mainly i suppose because we all had such high expectations of them. Saying that, they were abused well and truly, and went some pretty full on places but i basically couldnt handl having my road speed dictated by the wind direction and speed any longer! I like being able to pull 3 tonnes at 100 and not lose anything up hills, or to power through a bog hole in whatever gear you like.

What sort of mileage does the navara run?
Old 05-08-2006, 03:49 AM   #74
Falcon Coupe
Clevo Mafia Inc.

At the moment 450klm from 65 litres, but thats loaded with tools and a heavy trade trailer, easy 600klm from same fuel empty, it's 5sp auto, ment to be a little thirsty compared to the manual.
Old 05-08-2006, 05:00 PM   #75
BA_Turbs
Allan Smithee

If people know of some good ustralian 4WD drive forums, feel like posting up some links?

Thanks,

BA_Turbs
BA_Turbs is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-08-2006, 08:07 PM   #76
Falcon Coupe
Clevo Mafia Inc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BA_Turbs
If people know of some good ustralian 4WD drive forums, feel like posting up some links?

Thanks,

BA_Turbs

http://www.exploroz.com/Splash.asp
Old 05-08-2006, 09:58 PM   #77
CAMS290
trying to get a leg over
Donating Member2

Quote:

I want a Nissan Titan thanks !
Old 05-08-2006, 10:09 PM   #78
schmidty
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by BA_Turbs

Thanks,

BA_Turbs

Best 1 i have ever found. Very informative, very helpful members, and some funny stuff too. Quite a lot of members with some pretty hardcore rigs and comp trucks. Lots of stuff i wish was in my garage!

www.outerlimits4x4.com
Old 06-08-2006, 01:42 AM   #79
dogbreath_48
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by schmidty
dogbreath_48 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-08-2006, 12:47 PM   #80
BA_Turbs
Allan Smithee

Thanks for the links!
BA_Turbs is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-08-2006, 01:26 PM   #81
ondori
Addicted User

The Landcruisers the Army, and most of the Government get are UN spec. a hell of alot more work goes into these then others, including the number of welds

Nissan titan have a look at this that saying at the end of each vid will drive you mad,

http://www.fordvehicles.com/trucks/f150/truth/

Please FORD bring the F150 to Australia
Old 06-08-2006, 04:47 PM   #82
Outbackjack
Central to all beach's

The biggest issue with these big ford and other trucks is their width. When you go bush it is not just the ground clearance, articulation, approach and depart angles. Sometimes the width of the vehicle can work against you. And these ford F150's are wide......

Cheers all.
Outbackjack is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post