Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 04-07-2006, 05:53 PM   #1
csv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Exclamation Renault/Nissan in GM Buyout Talks

TOKYO - The board of Renault SA on Monday approved opening talks with General Motors Corp. over a possible new alliance with the French automaker and Nissan Motor Co. if the U.S. company wants the discussions, Renault said.

“The Board of Directors approved the position proposed by Carlos Ghosn: Exploratory discussions with General Motors concerning a potential alliance could start if General Motors Corp. makes the proposal,” the brief Renault statement said. Ghosn is the CEO of both Renault and Nissan.

The Renault board met to discuss a proposal put forward by billionaire investor Kirk Kerkorian’s Tracinda Corp. urging the U.S. automaker to join the alliance formed by Renault and its Japanese partner. Kerkorian holds 9.9 percent interest in General Motors.http://msnbc.msn.com/id/13682907/

So your next Commodore might be a Renault Laguna or a Maxima. !!!

csv8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-07-2006, 05:58 PM   #2
crYnOid

Kerkorian is trying to make a quick buck as he doesn't think GM is turning around fast enough. This would probably be a bad thing in the long run for GM. Can anyone say Fiat?
crYnOid is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-07-2006, 06:01 PM   #3
csv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Or Daewoo !!!!!!!!!!!
GM would make a good comedy show !!!!
csv8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-07-2006, 06:06 PM   #4
MRJUCY
Fordless

Renault have done good things with Nissan but I'm not sure if they could deal with turning around something as large as GM.
MRJUCY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-07-2006, 06:08 PM   #5
HTCURRY

I dont think they will be a Renault or Nissan...I heard that if this was to go through it would be only 20%, I know 20% in terms of such a huge company is a LOT of money, but i just dont think GM will allow a foreign carmaker to become a majority holder in it.

All u have to do is watch Fox Propaganda Channel and see what kind of anti-foreign sentiment they can whip up in no time.
HTCURRY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post