Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Today, 03:43 PM   #11
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Default Re: Price of Car Parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by swamp View Post
hi
All ways compare to genuine dealer might surprise u .
Never EVER rely on ebay . In Aust its just another way to rip ya
Repco prices can be very elevated remember they are limited by the head office .specified price minimum .
Quality brand centre tail shaft bearing 70$ VS $300
repco only stocks and prefers to sell products they have the maximum profit arrangement with .
Dayco ,,Tridon were stocked once upon a time ,order only
Timing belt kits are a very good example of being very over priced same engine 180$ now 400$ Gates OR Dayco
Repco no where near competitive on leaf springs or full shackle bushing kit
Bendix pads have risen in price alot . I`m trying RDA and Protex now
Many suspension shockers and bushes cheaper at dealer
Oils is who ever is cheapest

Watch out for cheap quality shocks
Beaware of overpriced shocks . Some shocks comes from the same maker yet the reseller can vary prices 30% [Especially rebranded versions ]
Pretty much, the BAPCOR and GPC Asia Pacific brands have huge margins built into their product ranges, you'll slowly see less and less branded products in exchange for their own because they'll make way higher margins on it and give you two cents off so its lower than the name branded product.

If SCA is willing to price match and drop 3 figures off the price for a retail customer over the counter then they have absolutely huge margins on things and they'll still be making a decent percentage on that lower price too.

Most places work on a pricing matrix where there is a base price and then modifiers that gives plus or minus a percentage on that base price depending on what type of customer you are, where I was previously we had 30 different customer types and each one gave you different price modifiers depending on who you are as a customer and the category of product you are buying and how that fits in with your business.

Our base price was 'trade' and retail was base price + 20%

But I just gave everyone 'trade' over the counter and retail was reserved for pole smokers who tried to bargain with me or people who could revise their attitude - ****ers tax.

If there's 'trade' on the invoice people leave thinking they've had a good deal when in reality it's just the base price with no modifiers

You'll generally get better deals, prices and have more knowledgeable staff from independent auto parts resellers than the big guys who are basically the Coles and Safeway of automotive parts, but they don't have the reach that the big guys do

My local in my small town carries an absolutely massive range of Penrite stuff, and they're way cheaper than SCA/Burson/Repco, plus they carry a tonne of stuff on the shelf for old Falcons, Commodores and Kingswoods.

Last edited by Franco Cozzo; Today at 04:03 PM.
Franco Cozzo is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post: